HAS MEC...

Related:
Create New Tag

10/15/2017 6:42 AM

tprice07 wrote:

I like the concept of MEC, great testing ground for both supercross as an event (3 main events, joke lane, split start) and ...more

Straight Rhythm + 2 Strokes = Don't need to know more than that.

BRAAAP!

|

"Sorry Goose, but it's time to buzz the tower."

10/15/2017 6:48 AM

It dosent help when two of the bigger stars there didn't come close to finishing the first race.

|

10/15/2017 7:00 AM

Yes it was boring. I watched first main and then turned it off and watched a movie.

|

10/15/2017 7:01 AM

early wrote:

Seemed like a ton of downtime in the show. I fell asleep.

Let’s see, a show that runs from 6:30 to 10:00 - 3 1/2 hours has this amount of racing; (approximate time)

Cup races - 31 minutes
All stars - 13.3 minutes
Super-mini 14.8 minutes
KJSC 5 minutes

Total race time 1:04

Commercials and misc. bs - 2:26

That explain it?

|

I'm goin' off the rails on a crazy train

10/15/2017 7:02 AM

Jesus christ I hate threads like this. I don’t give a damn if you find it boring its an opportunity to win a million dollars, something never throught to happen years ago and our sport has grown large enough to hold an event like this.

|

10/15/2017 7:02 AM

Track was horrrrrible

|

10/15/2017 7:04 AM

Just watched and MM was on it and Deano looked good. Tickle had great pace too. Although not too many battles, watching Marv go for a cool Monster Mill was pretty exciting IMHO. It was good to watching some racing, so MEC is still thumbs up for me.

|

"If you don't put your work ahead of your talent, you won't win." Mike Babcock

10/15/2017 7:08 AM

EZZA 95B wrote:

Don't make me get cranky at you like I did with Manny!

I really should have had something to eat before drinking.laughing

Sully wrote:

Hahahahahaha! Eating before drinking is highly overrated.

EZZA 95B wrote:

Just had Meatloaf with a sweet chilli sauce, Belgian fries (that's rightlaughing ) and an apple purée... Still have beer.tongue

EDIT: ...more

Try this stuff LOL:

Photo

|

10/15/2017 7:12 AM

MxKing809 wrote:

Joker lane was irrelevant, just like last year.

IDK what they need to do with it..... but it needs a major change to help ...more

Got to agree. Having a Joker lane that is faster just means everyone takes at the beginning of the race. I don’t think the faster joker lane adds anything. In the past when it was slower there was some strategy to it.

|

10/15/2017 7:36 AM

tprice07 wrote:

I like the concept of MEC, great testing ground for both supercross as an event (3 main events, joke lane, split start) and ...more

^ This

Joker lane has been tried slower and faster now. Time to change it again or get rid of it. I'd call this a fail. The old slower joker lane I thought was better. Debatable whether or not it should be used for more general track features.
The split lane start is a success.
Drop start is OK. Transition from step to flat seems unnecessary - should be smoother to allow the guys to grab gears earlier.
High speed rhythm lanes got alot more guy injured and the top guys did the same thing and weren't catching or gapping anyone later in the races. A tight turn before the rhythm with an inside/out option might provide better racing.
Mini race was awesome. I thought that was the race I'd tune out of but was the most interesting.

And absolutely should be Nov/Dec.

|

10/15/2017 7:48 AM

Would not bother me in the least if this race went bye bye. As someone said RC is not a good track designer. He has created a couple of real stinkers at Daytona. This track used to be more hybrid and last night it seemed like nothing but typical SX with some dangerous rythyms (imo). The real shark jumper for me was that janky ass start ramp... PfrickinU!

|

10/15/2017 7:52 AM

As nice as it was to see Marv win the million I have to agree it was damn boring to watch. I had it on split screen with the Showtime boxing matches and ended up mostly watching those.

|

10/15/2017 7:56 AM

And forum members insisted the MEC was more important than the Mxdn. Not even close.

|

10/15/2017 8:07 AM

Don't want to jump on the bandwagon but it was boring this year. Track was so so, riders crashing out sucks, and its an hour too late IMO.

Im much more excited for RBSR this year. Maybe monster cup needs a two stroke class to mix things up?

|

10/15/2017 8:16 AM

Please Mouthbreathers... Take up golf.

|

10/15/2017 8:23 AM

Once Tomac crashed out, I zoned out of the race.

|

10/15/2017 8:31 AM

nascarnate326 wrote:

Don't want to jump on the bandwagon but it was boring this year. Track was so so, riders crashing out sucks, and its an hour ...more

I have to agree with the others here mentioning RBSR. I’ve not really seen the event in its entirety, mostly because of it having to be streamed (I have very slow internet), but the excitement level is always high. Unless someone screws up a section, every race is close, and isn’t that what we all really hope to see.
See, I prefer MX over SX anyway, so my opinion will always be biased. Now, give me a SX like Atlanta ‘90 and you have me hooked. I was lucky enough to be there for that race and I’ll tell ya, seeing it on TV doesn’t do it justice.

|

10/15/2017 8:31 AM

Last night was probably the most boring Monster Cup there has been in my opinion. It was cool to see Marv win the million and his reaction to it by riding around and showing off was awesome but the racing itself was terrible.

|

10/15/2017 8:59 AM

Jay Cee wrote: Photo

Nobody is sad, just it was a boring race that anyone could see.

Photo

|

"Welcome to Southern California......the mecca of motocross racing." ~ Jason Wiegant

10/15/2017 9:03 AM
Edited Date/Time: 10/15/2017 10:49 AM

tprice07 wrote:

-MAVERICK- wrote:

BRAAAP!

People complain on Mec,. Rbsr is the weaker version of that.

|

10/15/2017 9:09 AM

We all got a preview of next year. Eli and Musquin are still faster than all the others. For me, when Tomac went down, it was just observing whether or not Musquin crashed on the way to a million dollars. If it was not so hard packed and dusty, then we could have handed him the check before Tomac stopped rolling on the ground.

I was glad to see it all, but there is a lot of down time on the SX shows. Can you imagine that for cars or street motorcycles?

|

10/15/2017 9:10 AM

motomike137 wrote:

Would not bother me in the least if this race went bye bye. As someone said RC is not a good track designer. He has created a ...more

So you would rather have no racing to watch (besides RBSR) until January

|

Do You Even...

10/15/2017 10:32 AM

motomike137 wrote:

Would not bother me in the least if this race went bye bye. As someone said RC is not a good track designer. He has created a ...more

DYE wrote:

That would be perfectly fine with me. Let the 3 healthy/picked riders focus on MXON and give them all more much needed off season time.

|

10/15/2017 10:34 AM

tprice07 wrote:

-MAVERICK- wrote:

BRAAAP!

mxb2 wrote:

To each their own but personally I prefer Red Bull Straight Rhythm. It's a different format. All out sprint and best out of three advances to next round bracket style. Only thing that would make it even better is 4 wide. It's also streamed online for free. What better way to reach a whole bunch of people throughout the world. It might not be everyone's cup of tea but they do a far better job at marketing their event compared to MEC which has a Million dollar purse. You would think that with that kind of money you would see advertisements everywhere but no.

MEC is not that different than a regular SX race except that it's three 10 lap main events with a gimmick called the Joker Lane. The broadcast was 3 1/2 hours long and cost $30 which in my opinion way is too much for a single event. Sure there's a million dollars on the line but if someone else wins the second main event it just becomes like any other SX race. I wish they would simply get rid of this event completely as I don't believe it's needed. The best part of the night is watching the superminis rip it up.

|

"Sorry Goose, but it's time to buzz the tower."

10/15/2017 10:52 AM

-MAVERICK- wrote:

BRAAAP!

mxb2 wrote:

-MAVERICK- wrote:

To each their own but personally I prefer Red Bull Straight Rhythm. It's a different format. All out sprint and best out of ...more

I watch them all, I love dirt bikes. 2+4 strokes. But a 40 second Sprint isn't close to a main event, or a outdoor national. You can't hide lack of fitness or preparation. in sx or outdoor mx.

|

10/15/2017 11:18 AM

motomike137 wrote:

DYE wrote:

motomike137 wrote:

That would be perfectly fine with me. Let the 3 healthy/picked riders focus on MXON and give them all more much needed off ...more

To each their own I guess. I would love nothing more than being paid to be in shape and race motorcycles. Sucks it's such a burden on them to race.

|

Do You Even...

10/15/2017 11:23 AM

Must have been weird for Monster to have the winner show casing a RedBull.. also to attract more top racers, if nobody wins the million, it should be carried over until someone does. Last night would have been worth 6 or 7 million.

|

10/15/2017 11:28 AM

mxb2 wrote:

I watch them all, I love dirt bikes. 2+4 strokes. But a 40 second Sprint isn't close to a main event, or a outdoor national. ...more

No one is saying RBSR is supposed to be close or replicate a main in Supercross or a national race. We have 30 of these races a year, one more SX or MX race isn't going to help the sport any.

MX is your marathon

SX is your Mile

RBSR is your 100M Sprint...

Something that offers potentially a new type of rider to shine for the weekend... or maybe Marvin will prove he is the best at Rhythm yet again.

|

10/15/2017 11:29 AM

-MAVERICK- wrote:

To each their own but personally I prefer Red Bull Straight Rhythm. It's a different format. All out sprint and best out of ...more

mxb2 wrote:

I watch them all, I love dirt bikes. 2+4 strokes. But a 40 second Sprint isn't close to a main event, or a outdoor national. ...more

therealhammer wrote:

No one is saying RBSR is supposed to be close or replicate a main in Supercross or a national race. We have 30 of these races ...more

Agreed.

|

10/15/2017 11:31 AM

I watched part of moto 2 then bailed to check out the youtube postings this morning. Fast forwarded through most of that.

I'm way more excited about RBSR, with the variety of bikes this year. MEC feels stale and I'd rather see them cut one of the premier classes and add an alternate big bike class, with electrics and/or two strokes.

|

Ride like a girl!!!
Insta queenofspodes
2017 KTM 250 SX build thread
2016 KTM 500 EXC-F
Current project: 2007 Kawasaki KX250-R7 retro build
Current project #2: 1987 Kawasaki KX250-E1 rider/racer resto
1989 KX125 resto
1987 RM250 resto