HAS MEC...

wfo4ever
10/15/2017 1:59am
The MEC is a Joker Lane away from a race. Supercross is a circus and keeps the medical crew busy. Outdoors is loosing out to the circus. And most riders would rather not race the outdoors. I went to sleep after the first MEC 450 race. ET crashed out, MM for the win, and I told my wife TG would probably crash because it was his first time going to the circus..I recorded it on my DVR, sounds like I should just delete it. I hope the Red Bull Drag Race with jumps does not take out more riders. Any 2 Stroke race sounds good to me, so i will watch that.
EZZA 95B
Fantasy
1151st
10/15/2017 2:04am Edited Date/Time 10/15/2017 2:06am
Sully wrote:
Hahahahahaha! Eating before drinking is highly overrated.
Just had Meatloaf with a sweet chilli sauce, Belgian fries (that's rightLaughing ) and an apple purée... Still have beer.Tongue

EDIT: Sweat chilli sauce Laughing
drt410
10/15/2017 2:06am Edited Date/Time 10/15/2017 2:10am
First please stop with the stupid thread titles. Second are we going to do this with every race now? Seriously.... Watch racing or dont nobody is forcing you. I enjoyed it and so did many other people. You only get so many chances to watch racing and with this you get a full supercross race in the middle of the off season....how can you complain about that? For real how the hell do you complain about that? You think if Tomac didnt get hurt or even Gajser it would have been boring? No, ridiculous. Its a dangerous sport and even before this race started there wasnt a very deep field. If Tomac, Musquin, and Anderson had all been there all 3 races this would have been a battle. Then throw in Baggett... and you get the picture. Just stop with making these every time a race isnt the greatest race in history its getting redundant. Should we just get rid of all the races and have 1 race with both classes combined and whatever position you finish is your position and you get a trophy? We can give trophies for top 10 too.
fullfloater
Fantasy
13th
10/15/2017 2:28am
It wasn't great. Weak field, track design, or both but it wasn't good.

The Shop

MxKing809
Fantasy
334th
10/15/2017 2:35am
Joker lane was irrelevant, just like last year.

IDK what they need to do with it..... but it needs a major change to help mix the race up.
jemcee
10/15/2017 2:39am
Sully wrote:
Some of you seem to be alive only so you can bitch about things. Frankly I just love watching motorcycle races, and I had a good...
Some of you seem to be alive only so you can bitch about things. Frankly I just love watching motorcycle races, and I had a good time watching them tonight.

I will agree with the guys who said the minis were the best part though. I love watching a talented kid ring the neck of a well tuned mini bike.
EZZA 95B wrote:
Don't make me get cranky at you like I did with Manny!

I really should have had something to eat before drinking.Laughing
Eatin's cheatin Ezz
EZZA 95B
Fantasy
1151st
10/15/2017 2:46am Edited Date/Time 10/15/2017 2:48am
jemcee wrote:
Eatin's cheatin Ezz
I'm a lightweight as it is!

EDIT: And I can't spell
10/15/2017 3:07am
2017 MEC ,the most boring race of the season.Stamp it.
Jay Cee
10/15/2017 3:21am
I CAN NOT BELIEVE YOU PEOPLE!

How is everyone playing the snoozfest card? What races were you all watching??!?

New grates behind the gate, Bogle going down with the red flag, Tickle on debut, Eli aaand Gajser cartwheeled the shit outta themselves.. And the supermini moto's were MADNESS!

Aaand the million walking out the stadium for only the second time in history!!!

If you fell asleep during a minute of that you should have your blood sugar levels checked, diabetes will snatch yo fat ass sonnnnn! Laughing
redrider400
10/15/2017 3:21am Edited Date/Time 10/15/2017 3:22am
It also doesn't
help that Musquin is about the most boring rider to watch ride, and to listen to. I'm not hating on him, just not very exciting to watch.
10/15/2017 3:51am
Jay Cee wrote:
I CAN NOT BELIEVE YOU PEOPLE! How is everyone playing the snoozfest card? What races were you all watching??!? New grates behind the gate, Bogle going...
I CAN NOT BELIEVE YOU PEOPLE!

How is everyone playing the snoozfest card? What races were you all watching??!?

New grates behind the gate, Bogle going down with the red flag, Tickle on debut, Eli aaand Gajser cartwheeled the shit outta themselves.. And the supermini moto's were MADNESS!

Aaand the million walking out the stadium for only the second time in history!!!

If you fell asleep during a minute of that you should have your blood sugar levels checked, diabetes will snatch yo fat ass sonnnnn! Laughing
meh, I thought it was really boring. I never enjoy watching riders crash and get hurt. The racing was very boring besides the superminis. I enjoy races like the 2011 Atlanta SX and the 2017 Vegas race. They try to make the monster cup seem important because the money, but it's more of a circus than a race.
PressPassP
10/15/2017 4:46am
I can't believe how bad it was... Sad

The highs of the USGP and MXDN seemed to put the indoor races into perspective for me personally,its going to seem like an eternity for the GPs to start again...
downard254
10/15/2017 4:46am
I hate to be a Debbie Downer, and while I liked some of the racing, after Tomac went out, there was really no excitement to the race other than can Marvin win the Mil. I used to love the US Open race, I liked to tighter track. The Vegas SX, and especially the MEC races are just too high speed. I feel the promoters think fans want to see speed, but I’ll bet that given the opportunity, the majority of the fans would rather see some tighter on track battles over the speed. Look what happened when Eli slowed the pace in Vegas this summer. That race got intense. These guys taking diggers at the speed they’re running is nuts. Anyway, that’s just my opinion, not that it’s worth much.
10/15/2017 4:53am
OW38B wrote:
I was watching it.......and I fell asleep.......what happened?
Imagine what it's like in Europe, watching it live at 4 am...
Wink
10/15/2017 5:06am
PressPassP wrote:
I can't believe how bad it was... :( The highs of the USGP and MXDN seemed to put the indoor races into perspective for me personally,its...
I can't believe how bad it was... Sad

The highs of the USGP and MXDN seemed to put the indoor races into perspective for me personally,its going to seem like an eternity for the GPs to start again...
Yeah I agree, guess I'll watch the nations again haha
MR. X
10/15/2017 5:07am
I passed out before it even started
Premix
10/15/2017 5:09am Edited Date/Time 10/15/2017 5:09am
MEC just was missing something this year.....I watched, thought track was ok. The rhythm after the fas straight was poorly designed and dangerous. Would much rather have seen the sand section like they were launching into last year.
bobojim
10/15/2017 5:31am
It wasnt that bad. But like Mathes said - move it to late Nov / early Dec and make it a preview to the next season. Nearly everyone will be there And create space for the MXdN.
philG
10/15/2017 5:41am
Runs its cause. Time to go? Watching tonight's / today's race was so boring. Teams not sending riders etc. Ralph and Jeff constantly asking riders how...
Runs its cause. Time to go? Watching tonight's / today's race was so boring. Teams not sending riders etc. Ralph and Jeff constantly asking riders how important MEC is.
I feel there flogging a dead horse. If it was to go I don't think anyone will be upset. Well maybe the contracted Monster riders will pretend to be upset
Honestly , i think the teams and riders would be over the moon if it went away , People watch it to see the winner of the first race get beaten in the second, then its all over .. i cant even tell you who won it last year without looking.

Track was pony, entry was 7 fast guys , and the rest were fillers. No 250 guys , apart from Jordon Smith(who i though rode well), just what is the point any more.
Jmicmoto13
10/15/2017 5:54am
I definitely wasn’t a fan of the track, especially the straight section back into the stadium triple, triple. That reeked of Villopoto’s wreck years ago with the peeky landing jump. To go from full gas, straight sprint into a triple section is dangerous. Should have just kept the typical catapult jump into a berm turn. My opinion.
ATKpilot99
10/15/2017 6:09am
Definitely disappointing this year....not the result mind you, it was great seeing Marvin win , but just the overall event. Top riders missing and dropping out due to crashes was part of it. I also think it's time to let someone else have a go at designing the track.
Justin345
10/15/2017 6:23am
Never ceases to amaze me the amount of whining. This event is always one of the most fun to watch because of its uniqueness. This year wasn't nearly as exciting simply because most of the top riders (who would have been there) were not racing due to injury. And then with ET3, TG and Bogle knocked out of contention, it took that much more wind out of the events sails. The track was unique and fun. The only thing missing was the top riders competing which is totally out of everyone's control.
Frodad78
10/15/2017 6:26am
The superminis though, those kids are the definition of ON THE PIPE!

Question: are the 2stroke super minis all modded 85s? Does Kawi still make a KX100?

Those kids rip!
LungButter
10/15/2017 6:27am
early wrote:
Seemed like a ton of downtime in the show. I fell asleep.
Me too.

Do they really need that long of a break in between just 10 lap mains?

I understand the "bike issue" argument, well then let them have multiple bikes already, would that really matter?
10/15/2017 6:27am Edited Date/Time 10/15/2017 6:30am
When riders don't line up makes for boring events....

Mulitipke bikes....rider probably prefers one bike.

Friday-superminis are 112cc. Longer wheelbase, bigger wheels. Kawasaki makes a kx100. Then you either bore or stroke it to 105-112. Mostly everyone going 112 now. Used to be 105
PastranaWho
10/15/2017 6:33am
Im just glad hate america tomac didnt win , changed the channel after the mini race.
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3739th
10/15/2017 6:35am Edited Date/Time 10/15/2017 6:36am
Frodad78 wrote:
The superminis though, those kids are the definition of ON THE PIPE! Question: are the 2stroke super minis all modded 85s? Does Kawi still make a...
The superminis though, those kids are the definition of ON THE PIPE!

Question: are the 2stroke super minis all modded 85s? Does Kawi still make a KX100?

Those kids rip!
Kawasaki still makes the KX 100 and from what I remember they all start with the 85's and build them up to 105's and 112's. Something about starting with the KX 100 that doesn't make it great for a supermini. I think it has to do with the bottom end?

105's are a little more reliable than 112's but both need a lot of maintenance to keep them going. They're not cheap to build I know that much.
tprice07
10/15/2017 6:39am
I like the concept of MEC, great testing ground for both supercross as an event (3 main events, joke lane, split start) and also for the riders. The problem to me is the timing. No one wants to "peak" 2-3 months before the season starts. I wish this would push closer to Nov/Dec.

Red Bull Straight Rhythm is a perfect off season exhibition race to me. Relatively minimal physical commitment. Head-to-head competition meaning you aren't going to end up in 10th place in a particular race. I'm pumped for Straight Rhythm, hopefully we have some interesting things come out soon about it to hype it up even more.
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3739th
10/15/2017 6:42am
tprice07 wrote:
I like the concept of MEC, great testing ground for both supercross as an event (3 main events, joke lane, split start) and also for the...
I like the concept of MEC, great testing ground for both supercross as an event (3 main events, joke lane, split start) and also for the riders. The problem to me is the timing. No one wants to "peak" 2-3 months before the season starts. I wish this would push closer to Nov/Dec.

Red Bull Straight Rhythm is a perfect off season exhibition race to me. Relatively minimal physical commitment. Head-to-head competition meaning you aren't going to end up in 10th place in a particular race. I'm pumped for Straight Rhythm, hopefully we have some interesting things come out soon about it to hype it up even more.
Straight Rhythm + 2 Strokes = Don't need to know more than that.

BRAAAP!

Post a reply to: HAS MEC...

The Latest