HAS MEC...

10/15/2017 11:33am
Also the layout was pretty appalling this time.
10/15/2017 11:34am
Just noticed the youtube full races have been removed. No way I'm paying a single penny to watch MEC next year (unless they have a two stroke big bike class). I'd be surprised if it comes back at all.
pilotdude
10/15/2017 11:42am
MXdN should be held earlier, and MEC should be held later as an SX warm up, as some here have stated. Problem with that is that if a rider gets injured at MEC shortly before SX, it screws his SX season.
10/15/2017 11:48am Edited Date/Time 10/15/2017 11:49am
mxb2 wrote:
People complain on Mec,. Rbsr is the weaker version of that.
I have to agree, while MEC was pretty underwhelming straight rythym is pretty hard for me
to watch. It's interesting for the first 6 runs but gets old pretty quick IMO. Just hoping they get the 2 strokes done early so I don't have to sit through 3 hours of the same shit lol

The Shop

ob
10/15/2017 1:21pm
I really hope this isn't the future of SX on tv. Seems like I hardly watched any racing but a shit ton of commercials. It was lame.
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3682nd
10/15/2017 1:38pm
mxb2 wrote:
People complain on Mec,. Rbsr is the weaker version of that.
-MAVERICK- wrote:
To each their own but personally I prefer Red Bull Straight Rhythm. It's a different format. All out sprint and best out of three advances to...
To each their own but personally I prefer Red Bull Straight Rhythm. It's a different format. All out sprint and best out of three advances to next round bracket style. Only thing that would make it even better is 4 wide. It's also streamed online for free. What better way to reach a whole bunch of people throughout the world. It might not be everyone's cup of tea but they do a far better job at marketing their event compared to MEC which has a Million dollar purse. You would think that with that kind of money you would see advertisements everywhere but no.

MEC is not that different than a regular SX race except that it's three 10 lap main events with a gimmick called the Joker Lane. The broadcast was 3 1/2 hours long and cost $30 which in my opinion way is too much for a single event. Sure there's a million dollars on the line but if someone else wins the second main event it just becomes like any other SX race. I wish they would simply get rid of this event completely as I don't believe it's needed. The best part of the night is watching the superminis rip it up.
mxb2 wrote:
I watch them all, I love dirt bikes. 2+4 strokes. But a 40 second Sprint isn't close to a main event, or a outdoor national. You...
I watch them all, I love dirt bikes. 2+4 strokes. But a 40 second Sprint isn't close to a main event, or a outdoor national. You can't hide lack of fitness or preparation. in sx or outdoor mx.
I get what you're saying but the thing I like about Straight Rhythm is the fact that it's a sprint. For that reason alone it makes it exciting to watch. They all give it 100% effort for the entire run as soon as the gate drops. The races are far from being runaways unless someone makes a big mistake. They've had some close races in the past.

For the most part SX is exciting for the first few laps and then it just looks like most of the riders just settle in and click off the rest of their laps until the checkered flag. It almost looks like follow the leader and that's not exactly fun to watch. Of course that's not always the case but you know what I'm saying.
cali11
10/15/2017 1:42pm
DRAGONBACK wrote:
Incredibly boring.
And I'm sure the Monster execs are real happy to get spanked by Red Bull once again and to give a million to Musquin...
When was the last time Redbull won it? JS7 2013?
10/15/2017 2:01pm
Jay Cee wrote:
I CAN NOT BELIEVE YOU PEOPLE! How is everyone playing the snoozfest card? What races were you all watching??!? New grates behind the gate, Bogle going...
I CAN NOT BELIEVE YOU PEOPLE!

How is everyone playing the snoozfest card? What races were you all watching??!?

New grates behind the gate, Bogle going down with the red flag, Tickle on debut, Eli aaand Gajser cartwheeled the shit outta themselves.. And the supermini moto's were MADNESS!

Aaand the million walking out the stadium for only the second time in history!!!

If you fell asleep during a minute of that you should have your blood sugar levels checked, diabetes will snatch yo fat ass sonnnnn! Laughing
Doesn't matter how you try to hype it, MEC just doesn't excite. It's too 'samey' as the rest of the American SX, which goes on too long as it is.. For me Bercy carries more hype, because it's different. Especially years ago when you'd see riders debuting the new model bikes.
I dunno about anyone else, but you kinda gotta have an off season to appreciate the season opening.
wfo4ever
10/15/2017 2:53pm
-MAVERICK- wrote:
Straight Rhythm + 2 Strokes = Don't need to know more than that.

BRAAAP!
Maverick is thinking the same thing wfo4ever is. If it is a race with 2-Strokes it is going to be good!!!
51xc
10/15/2017 4:24pm
I usually liked mec but this year all I have to say is: thank god for motogp.
Rocket88
10/15/2017 5:03pm
You know what's more boring than the MEC?

This thread!

I fell asleep after reading the first few posts. Step it up V-Tards!
wfo4ever
10/15/2017 5:16pm
-MAVERICK- wrote:
I get what you're saying but the thing I like about Straight Rhythm is the fact that it's a sprint. For that reason alone it makes...
I get what you're saying but the thing I like about Straight Rhythm is the fact that it's a sprint. For that reason alone it makes it exciting to watch. They all give it 100% effort for the entire run as soon as the gate drops. The races are far from being runaways unless someone makes a big mistake. They've had some close races in the past.

For the most part SX is exciting for the first few laps and then it just looks like most of the riders just settle in and click off the rest of their laps until the checkered flag. It almost looks like follow the leader and that's not exactly fun to watch. Of course that's not always the case but you know what I'm saying.
I know exactly what you mean Maverick. I watch SX and most of the time after it is over I feel like I just wasted my time and should have done something else. I DVR all the races so I don't have to watch all of those damn commercials and Ralph talking. Also I fast forward so i don't have to see photos of people with dirt bikes in full gear in front of their TV having a SX party. That is not what I call a party, but kids do watch too. Follow the leader races are so common these days. I miss real close exciting racing, like the 1990 Atlanta SX, that is what SX sould be, and they were all on 2-Strokes riding WFO. They also had a 125cc 2- Stroke class that provided very close racing. A lot of people said on here said how much they enjoyed the Super Mini class at the MEC. Imagine a 125cc class all year long in SX and MX, that would be exciting racing.
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3682nd
10/15/2017 5:27pm
-MAVERICK- wrote:
I get what you're saying but the thing I like about Straight Rhythm is the fact that it's a sprint. For that reason alone it makes...

wfo4ever wrote:
I know exactly what you mean Maverick. I watch SX and most of the time after it is over I feel like I just wasted my...
I know exactly what you mean Maverick. I watch SX and most of the time after it is over I feel like I just wasted my time and should have done something else. I DVR all the races so I don't have to watch all of those damn commercials and Ralph talking. Also I fast forward so i don't have to see photos of people with dirt bikes in full gear in front of their TV having a SX party. That is not what I call a party, but kids do watch too. Follow the leader races are so common these days. I miss real close exciting racing, like the 1990 Atlanta SX, that is what SX sould be, and they were all on 2-Strokes riding WFO. They also had a 125cc 2- Stroke class that provided very close racing. A lot of people said on here said how much they enjoyed the Super Mini class at the MEC. Imagine a 125cc class all year long in SX and MX, that would be exciting racing.
Lol yep the whole social media segment no one give a shit about needs to go. That said they still had it during the MEC and they managed to do it all without Miss SX looking clueless. Get rid of her and put her salary towards the purse money.

The supermini races were great. It would of been a lot cooler if they had been on 125's. I get that not all the manufacturer's make them but still.

I would love to see 125's make a return to pro racing but sadly I don't think that will ever happen. Now if they could agree on equal displacement in both classes that would be great. I'd be happy with that.
drt410
10/15/2017 5:49pm Edited Date/Time 10/15/2017 5:55pm
If its boring to watch don't watch it, its that simple. I enjoy supercross racing so Ill watch it...and enjoy it. I thought the faster joker lane was a better idea because a lot of people take it right away, but for someone in 3rd-4th they can hold off until the last lap and pass them all to take the win. I think it will work out much better to keep it interesting, its just with the injuries that occurred there and the riders that did not show up it made so the racing was not as good as it can and will be. When there is a deeper field hopefully with Roczen next year this could be extremely interesting.

You guys must not have watched McGrath race or even Carmichael if you think this is boring. The field was like 2 riders maybe 4 at some points and 1 guy winning basically every single race. Racing these days is much better, people forget so fast. When McGrath was dominating it was him and Emig, then Him and Larocco, then him and Carmichael. Then when Carmichael was dominating it was him and MC, then him and Windham, then Him and Reed, then Him Reed and Bubba.
mb60
10/15/2017 5:58pm
I say put everybody on a 250f and let them go after it.
mx_563
10/15/2017 6:01pm
I already miss Weege Georgia and Grant.

I feel like I'm losing IQ points watching the Monster SX broadcast.
JB 19
10/15/2017 6:02pm
ledger wrote:
Snoozzzzfest. Carmichael may be the GOAT, but not a track designer, he'll probably add rings of fire and loops next year. The event is starting to...
Snoozzzzfest. Carmichael may be the GOAT, but not a track designer, he'll probably add rings of fire and loops next year. The event is starting to hurt the sport. Props to Marv and Matilda though.
I agree with Carmichael's track designs. He seems to have missed the mark at Daytona quite a few times.....Like the crazy high speed step on step off the nearly killed Langston.

When MEC first came to exist it was billed as part motocross/ part supercross. Since the first year it has warped into some kind of death cross. The giant jump the cleaned Villopoto's clock? I don't know how long RC has been designing the MEC track, but he seems to get off on building something that separates the riders....usually at the expense of a few riders health.

I was looking forward to seeing TG243 race, but that didn't last long after he lawn darted in the Hell Track rhythm section.
rob mx
10/15/2017 7:27pm
change the format...250k per win and bonus if u win all three ...
Potts
10/15/2017 7:33pm
The MEC was GREAT! The track was great!!! RC did a great job!!! The announcers did a great job!!!!! This is a bad ass race and 7 years ago I thought it was a one time deal... now I look forward to it every year!!!!! Great Job Monster and everyone that worked hard to put this race together!!!!
10/15/2017 7:38pm
rob mx wrote:
Great idea I think but will never happen. As it stands they really only like to payout $100K and the million occasionally. No way they put up a guaranteed 750K to be won each year.
Katoomey
10/15/2017 8:05pm Edited Date/Time 10/15/2017 8:05pm
this is the same shit we'll here during supercross and then again in motocross, and over, and over, and over again.

its obvious why this sport is declining. the fans suck. never satisfied, always wanting more and more and more and more. get a fuckin grip. its a one off race. if you don't like it, don't watch it. Does Feld come to where you work and knock the dicks out of your mouths?

you guys act like you have it all figured out. Where the fuck is your brilliant MX series? what have you done to make the sport better? a big fat nothing. your just a bunch of mediocre lower-middle-class fuck-ups who project your inadequicies on to the wolrd.
Hut
10/15/2017 8:25pm
Katoomey wrote:
this is the same shit we'll here during supercross and then again in motocross, and over, and over, and over again. its obvious why this sport...
this is the same shit we'll here during supercross and then again in motocross, and over, and over, and over again.

its obvious why this sport is declining. the fans suck. never satisfied, always wanting more and more and more and more. get a fuckin grip. its a one off race. if you don't like it, don't watch it. Does Feld come to where you work and knock the dicks out of your mouths?

you guys act like you have it all figured out. Where the fuck is your brilliant MX series? what have you done to make the sport better? a big fat nothing. your just a bunch of mediocre lower-middle-class fuck-ups who project your inadequicies on to the wolrd.
YZ324
10/15/2017 8:35pm
These tracks now days are so technical. There are a small handful of riders that can or are willing to risk some of the obstacles to lower their lap times. Seems like they could change the tracks to make them less technical to level the field but then the cream of the crop will still be killing it. What the hell do I know anyway. LOL.

Still love watching but have to admit the Super-mini class was the most exciting to watch other than the first few laps of the first main.

Problem with this event is if you crash in the first or 2nd main, there is no real reason to compete. The top 5 contenders have a shot at $100k if there is no domination going on and good racing there.

The Joker lane this year was boring since most took it on the first lap. It kind of took the strategy out since it was follow the leader on the first lap.

I like the Amateur class and Super Mini! I think it would be cool to see a few events a year in SX that these guys compete.
ga_pike
rob mx wrote:
Great idea I think but will never happen. As it stands they really only like to payout $100K and the million occasionally. No way they put...
Great idea I think but will never happen. As it stands they really only like to payout $100K and the million occasionally. No way they put up a guaranteed 750K to be won each year.
I think it needs to be per race as well, with incentives to race all 3 mains.

1st main: 1. $25,000

2nd main: 1. $35,000

3rd main: 1. $50,000 or $1 million total payout if you won all 3

*$10,000 kicker added for winning a 2nd main

So if you crash out of the 1st main, you can still win a good chunk of $$$. If you win main 2 and 3 you get $85,000 plus $10,000 kicker for a total of $95,000. Maybe add $2500 hole shot awards as well.

Obviously, it's not my money so it's east for me to come up with a payout. But you've basically got to find a way to get guys to 1. show up and race and 2. keep racing if they crash out.
tempura
Katoomey wrote:
this is the same shit we'll here during supercross and then again in motocross, and over, and over, and over again. its obvious why this sport...

All these "lower-middle-class fuck-ups" as you call them from your high perch, are the ones keeping this fucking industry afloat!!! Take away these people and there's nothing left! Including vital mx...
Dumb ass..
dcg141
10/15/2017 8:39pm
Racing sucks =my fav rider didn't have a good night
Hut
10/15/2017 8:55pm
dcg141 wrote:
Racing sucks =my fav rider didn't have a good night
That plus the racing did suck. It is a one off race for the Win. Once the leader checks out and no is there/left to challenge good night.
In years past we have seen some exciting moments at mec though...
wfo4ever
10/15/2017 10:17pm
Katoomey wrote:

tempura wrote:
All these "lower-middle-class fuck-ups" as you call them from your high perch, are the ones keeping this fucking industry afloat!!! Take away these people and there's...
All these "lower-middle-class fuck-ups" as you call them from your high perch, are the ones keeping this fucking industry afloat!!! Take away these people and there's nothing left! Including vital mx...
Dumb ass..
Katoomey everybody has an opinion about topics on this forum. You saying " your just a bunch of mediocre lower-middle-class fuck-ups who project your inadequicies on to the wolrd" is not showing any respect for other Vital forum members. I would think the moderators would agree. Also a lot of kids come on the Vital MX forum. I use the Golden Rule myself and it really does work. I apologize if this offends you or anyone else. I hope we are all good, I am not into drama. So back to some bench racing on Vital MX.
sgrimmxdad
Fantasy
2109th
10/16/2017 3:20am
I rather watch a boring supercross race than the superbowl anyday... I will take as many weekends of racing as they will show on TV!
puttputt
10/16/2017 8:28am
Well said! I'm a tomac fan and was bummed he went down but I didn't let it ruin the fact that I was still excited to get to see a race during the offseason. Ppl griping because there rider didn't do good etc... get over it, every rider that showed up to race had to deal with "that crappy track" as everybody calls it and the best man won. What would of or could of happened is irrelevant!! Just quit griping and be thankful that the best riders in the world showed up for us to watch a race during the offseason and for a million dollars!!!

Post a reply to: HAS MEC...

The Latest