HARLEY DAVIDSON SPEAKS TO "DECLINING BIKE SALES”,BLAMING MILLENIALS.

KennyT
Fantasy
280th
5/7/2019 4:07pm Edited Date/Time 5/7/2019 4:08pm
three9zero wrote:
Cruisers are awesome, if you are into stuff that sucks.
KennyT wrote:
Really? That’s all you can come up with?

Homeschoolers....lord help us
neverwas wrote:
We get you like your Harley,most here don't I have to agree the new Hogs are much better mechanically than the older models. I have ridden...
We get you like your Harley,most here don't I have to agree the new Hogs are much better mechanically than the older models. I have ridden many a Harley and some were OK but some not so much and that is true of many bikes. To each his own.
Just speaking from experience and to make it clear I’m not a Harley nut. I’m a lifelong MXer who has owned several Harley’s over the years along with s lot of other brands. My closet doesn’t contain 1 leather jacket and no chaps for me. I like most bikes. My newer HD’s have never required anything more than basic maintenance, that is why I seem a little hesitant to believe some of these stories that I believe are just guys who hate a certain brand trying to discredit them. People talk about HD owners being over the top with brand loyalty, the same can be said for MXers with narrow minds. Look at the KTM vs Jap bike threads at this place.
peltier626
5/7/2019 4:09pm Edited Date/Time 5/7/2019 4:10pm
A fellow employee asked me why do we dress like power rangers to ride our bikes. All i could do was laugh because he was correct.
psg119
5/7/2019 4:16pm Edited Date/Time 5/7/2019 4:17pm
peltier626 wrote:
A fellow employee asked me why do we dress like power rangers to ride our bikes. All i could do was laugh because he was correct.
When your V4 visor falls offLaughing

The Shop

5/7/2019 4:18pm
peltier626 wrote:
Tell your coworker to get it right: we don't dress up like Power Rangers. Power Rangers dress up like us.
three9zero
5/7/2019 4:32pm
KennyT wrote:
Really? That’s all you can come up with?

Homeschoolers....lord help us
three9zero wrote:
Ok old balls, I'm in my 40's and went to public school and college. I sell powersports for a living, for the last 20 years. The...
Ok old balls, I'm in my 40's and went to public school and college. I sell powersports for a living, for the last 20 years. The adventure tour market is booming, I'm sold out of all my KTM 1290's, 1090's, 790's and 690's, and my Honda Africa Twins and CB500X models. The cruiser market is in the shitter, and has been for the last decade.
KennyT wrote:
I have a KTM 1190 in the garage. Just because YOU do not enjoy cruisers, why would you care if others do? As a motorcycle sales...
I have a KTM 1190 in the garage. Just because YOU do not enjoy cruisers, why would you care if others do? As a motorcycle sales associate why would you not try and sell ALL forms of motorcycles? I’m not sure where you live but here in So Cal where you can ride cruisers 12 months a year, I wound not say they are a dying market in this area. I have owned and sold 2 Triumph Tigers and it took a long time to get rid of them, and that was at a decent price.
I can street ride 8 months of the year, and I ride my Summit 165 in the winter. I live in the interior of British Columbia, we have great highways, but the back country FSR(forest service roads) offer amazing riding and adventure. Enjoy your bike dude, its all good.
5/7/2019 4:41pm
KennyT wrote:
I call 100% bullshit on your post. Believe me I know a lot of HD riders n this So Cal area and nobody has trouble with...
I call 100% bullshit on your post. Believe me I know a lot of HD riders n this So Cal area and nobody has trouble with those modern bikes. Anyone can post crap like yours with zero merit
Yea, the side covers falling off on the regular I made up? How about all the paint on the front forks peeling off? Was I just...
Yea, the side covers falling off on the regular I made up?

How about all the paint on the front forks peeling off? Was I just imagining that? Good thing Harley has a warranty, cause it really has to have one.

Sorry, HD is just a fashion statement. It is not for serious riders. Sorry I hurt your feelers

Good thing you know everything
Aren't HD forks Showa, same as Honda? Are you saying Showa provided crap finish on their OEM forks for HD, but good finish for their ones...
Aren't HD forks Showa, same as Honda?

Are you saying Showa provided crap finish on their OEM forks for HD, but good finish for their ones for Honda?
I don’t know. If they are, they borrowed technology straight off a 1980 CB750 and cut the travel in half.

I just know the paint peels off the fork legs at 6 months of age and you can walk the highway to replace your battery cover. They are all over the place.
5/7/2019 4:45pm
I don’t know. If they are, they borrowed technology straight off a 1980 CB750 and cut the travel in half. I just know the paint peels...
I don’t know. If they are, they borrowed technology straight off a 1980 CB750 and cut the travel in half.

I just know the paint peels off the fork legs at 6 months of age and you can walk the highway to replace your battery cover. They are all over the place.
Knowing that Showa has tended to have pretty nice finishes, even in 1980, I'd guess that perhaps someone exposed your fork legs to some DOT3.
5/7/2019 4:45pm
I am soo like whatever, offended by these posts, my gender fluid has leaked allover my latte! I just cant go on like this whatever like like you know.
FiendzCC
5/7/2019 4:58pm Edited Date/Time 5/7/2019 5:02pm
Some of you have clearly never done degenerate things in a dive bar bathroom with a girl named "Candy" that you just met less than an hour prior while you were out having a smoke next to your Harley when she said "Hey, nice bike. You should take me on a ride sometime", and it shows...

Sincerely,

-triggered millenial/former Harley owner Grinning
reded
5/7/2019 4:59pm Edited Date/Time 5/7/2019 5:00pm
I bought my Harley new in ‘07 and have beat the living piss out of the motor for 15,000mi with no problems whatsoever. I do, however, think that the bike as a whole is poorly engineered. They used every type and size of fastener known to man in order to put it together. Every tool in my box is required to work on it, it handles and rides like shit but will put a smile on your face when the throttle cable is stretched. I’ve put it up against VTX1800s and come out on top so I know it doesn’t just run good for a “Harley.”
People can badmouth it all they want but at the end of the day it’s just another motorcycle in my toy box and I like riding it.
MOTO732
5/7/2019 5:08pm
Blaming consumers for not buying Harleys is the height of corporate stupidity. The Commodore 64 was a great computer at one time too.
neverwas
Fantasy
784th
5/7/2019 5:09pm
reded wrote:
I bought my Harley new in ‘07 and have beat the living piss out of the motor for 15,000mi with no problems whatsoever. I do, however...
I bought my Harley new in ‘07 and have beat the living piss out of the motor for 15,000mi with no problems whatsoever. I do, however, think that the bike as a whole is poorly engineered. They used every type and size of fastener known to man in order to put it together. Every tool in my box is required to work on it, it handles and rides like shit but will put a smile on your face when the throttle cable is stretched. I’ve put it up against VTX1800s and come out on top so I know it doesn’t just run good for a “Harley.”
People can badmouth it all they want but at the end of the day it’s just another motorcycle in my toy box and I like riding it.
If you like it that what matters. I have ridden bikes I did not love but I loved that I was riding.
5/7/2019 5:21pm
I don’t know. If they are, they borrowed technology straight off a 1980 CB750 and cut the travel in half. I just know the paint peels...

Knowing that Showa has tended to have pretty nice finishes, even in 1980, I'd guess that perhaps someone exposed your fork legs to some DOT3.
Nah. Just poor application on the paint. To each his own. I tried it. Was cool looking bike. I ride everyday. So having issues on a new bike swayed me back to the light. No issues since then. Live, learn and wheelie on.
Sluggo77
5/7/2019 5:21pm
Harley's are a hot topic it seems! I have seen a few grown men lose their shit when someone made a Harley joke.
zehn
5/7/2019 5:24pm
Sluggo77 wrote:
Harley's are a hot topic it seems! I have seen a few grown men lose their shit when someone made a Harley joke.
That’s because so many Harley owners view an attack on the bike as an attack on them because so much of their self-esteem and macho masculinity is wrapped up with the motorcycle.
MX558
5/7/2019 5:31pm
sam hain wrote:
HR manager at the company I worked for in college was a Harley poser. 11months of the year he was clean cut, high end cloths, clean...
HR manager at the company I worked for in college was a Harley poser. 11months of the year he was clean cut, high end cloths, clean shaved, neat haircut. A month before bike week he stopped shaving and let he hair grow, dude would go to bike week in Daytona with a scruffy beard and long hair (dress like a pirate Smile ) and put on the Harley tough guy act for a week then come back with a haircut and cleaned shaved again. People in the company caught on to what he was doing and talked about him behind his back and laughed at him. Sad IMO to do all that shit to fit in and be someone you're not just to impress people.
That is about 80% of Harley riders accountant by day tough guy in The Weeknd it's pretty much a joke I've had a couple . They're kind of boring after a while my friends had them so is the thing to do chasing women, hitting the bars past that they're useless
MX558
5/7/2019 5:41pm
KennyT wrote:
The majority of people who bash Harley’s can not afford them. It’s like criticizing Ferrari’s, Porsche’s etc because of maintenance cost even if they are inferior...
The majority of people who bash Harley’s can not afford them. It’s like criticizing Ferrari’s, Porsche’s etc because of maintenance cost even if they are inferior than a American made Corvette for a fraction of the cost. I’m 60 now and have ridden/owned almost every bike ever made and nothing can compare to the feel of a HD...except a Indian, which is my other street bike. Reliability? I’ve NEVER had a HD break in me...try maintenance, it’s a wonderful thing. Pirate suits? I wear KTM jackets, sweatshirts and Tees when I ride mine for good visibility....that reason and also because KTM’s are number one off-road ??

You fuckwits that criticize other bikes amaze me. Motorcyclist are a rare breed and we should be one big fraternity. You Fucking pansie asses
sam hain wrote:
60yr old wanna be hardass, proves my point exactly. And no, we aren't one big happy family because most Harley guys talk shit about anything other...
60yr old wanna be hardass, proves my point exactly.

And no, we aren't one big happy family because most Harley guys talk shit about anything other than a Harley...ya know 'merica made. Harley's are not 100% made in the USA.

I've had Harley guys flip me off before because I was riding a Japanese bike.

Here's a quote from an article regarding where Harley's are made: "Harley plans to shift some production of bikes intended for European markets to facilities in other countries such as Thailand, where it’s building a new factory."

Thailand Smile

KennyT wrote:
Smart guy. I have Harley’s, KTM, Indian, Triumphs and CRF’s in rye garage. When I ride my HD it’s usually with my Moto shirts on because...
Smart guy. I have Harley’s, KTM, Indian, Triumphs and CRF’s in rye garage. When I ride my HD it’s usually with my Moto shirts on because I’ve been into Moto much longer than street bikes. Idiots like yourself group all HD owners into wanna be gang bangers who flip off other riders because they aren’t on their brand. Open up your mind/eye and educate yourself on who owns/rides various brands of bikes. What some people are saying in here is like grouping all MXers as being a bunch of redneck racist, since it is a 99.99% white sport/hobby. So are YOU a redneck and a racist because you ride a dirt bike?
I did the Harley thing for about 10 years along with road racing and motocross. I did find about 80% Harley riders are pretty racist in about 60% hated anybody that didn't ride a Harley.
5/7/2019 5:49pm
I picked up a new battery for my 01 sportster sport a few years ago, the guy behind the counter said it was the fastest production Harley made that year. I told him It reminds me of a WW1 tank. But the sound of that engine, it’s like the smell of a two stroke bike. Love that Woohoo
KennyT
Fantasy
280th
5/7/2019 5:51pm
Sluggo77 wrote:
zehn wrote:
That’s because so many Harley owners view an attack on the bike as an attack on them because so much of their self-esteem and macho masculinity...
That’s because so many Harley owners view an attack on the bike as an attack on them because so much of their self-esteem and macho masculinity is wrapped up with the motorcycle.
Exactly! Very similar to Prius drivers ?
KennyT
Fantasy
280th
5/7/2019 5:54pm
sam hain wrote:
60yr old wanna be hardass, proves my point exactly. And no, we aren't one big happy family because most Harley guys talk shit about anything other...
60yr old wanna be hardass, proves my point exactly.

And no, we aren't one big happy family because most Harley guys talk shit about anything other than a Harley...ya know 'merica made. Harley's are not 100% made in the USA.

I've had Harley guys flip me off before because I was riding a Japanese bike.

Here's a quote from an article regarding where Harley's are made: "Harley plans to shift some production of bikes intended for European markets to facilities in other countries such as Thailand, where it’s building a new factory."

Thailand Smile

KennyT wrote:
Smart guy. I have Harley’s, KTM, Indian, Triumphs and CRF’s in rye garage. When I ride my HD it’s usually with my Moto shirts on because...
Smart guy. I have Harley’s, KTM, Indian, Triumphs and CRF’s in rye garage. When I ride my HD it’s usually with my Moto shirts on because I’ve been into Moto much longer than street bikes. Idiots like yourself group all HD owners into wanna be gang bangers who flip off other riders because they aren’t on their brand. Open up your mind/eye and educate yourself on who owns/rides various brands of bikes. What some people are saying in here is like grouping all MXers as being a bunch of redneck racist, since it is a 99.99% white sport/hobby. So are YOU a redneck and a racist because you ride a dirt bike?
MX558 wrote:
I did the Harley thing for about 10 years along with road racing and motocross. I did find about 80% Harley riders are pretty racist in...
I did the Harley thing for about 10 years along with road racing and motocross. I did find about 80% Harley riders are pretty racist in about 60% hated anybody that didn't ride a Harley.
That’s good to know....I think I’ll stick to MX where there is no brand loyalty and of course no racist ??????
KennyT
Fantasy
280th
5/7/2019 5:57pm Edited Date/Time 5/8/2019 6:59am
Have worked in the Powersports industry for 25 years. Bought my first brand new Harley in 2015 cause I have only owned Japanese bikes. Wanted to...
Have worked in the Powersports industry for 25 years.

Bought my first brand new Harley in 2015 cause I have only owned Japanese bikes. Wanted to try something different.....took about 8 months to find out it was a pile of shit. Sold it and got a 2016 Honda CRF1000 AT. 16000 miles without a problem. I was at the Harley dealer once a month for warranty work when I was riding that pile.

It is a look at me motorcycle, not an actual rider motorcycle

KennyT wrote:
I call 100% bullshit on your post. Believe me I know a lot of HD riders n this So Cal area and nobody has trouble with...
I call 100% bullshit on your post. Believe me I know a lot of HD riders n this So Cal area and nobody has trouble with those modern bikes. Anyone can post crap like yours with zero merit
Yea, the side covers falling off on the regular I made up? How about all the paint on the front forks peeling off? Was I just...

How about all the paint on the front forks peeling off? Was I just imagining that? Good thing Harley has a warranty, cause it really has to have one.

Sorry, HD is just a fashion statement. It is not for serious riders. Sorry I hurt your feelers

Show me one document you ever owned one...still calling total bullshit on your remarks. That’s like me saying “I had a Honda...took it into the shop twice a month for warranty work” Means Zero
Frank
5/7/2019 5:57pm
Harley is as non moto as it comes. Any chance the mods can move this thread there?
5/7/2019 6:17pm
KennyT wrote:

KennyT wrote:
Show me one document you ever owned one...still calling total bullshit on your remarks. That’s like me saying “I had a Honda...took it into the shop...
Show me one document you ever owned one...still calling total bullshit on your remarks. That’s like me saying “I had a Honda...took it into the shop twice a month for warranty work” Means Zero
Ok. You win with insults. I will bow out with the facts

Wife rides the SV. She might go for another women. But not one on a 883 in the way on the highway.

Airick
Fantasy
2773rd
5/7/2019 6:24pm
To busy making lists on forums...
BR8ES
5/7/2019 6:24pm Edited Date/Time 5/7/2019 6:25pm
I like to call most Harley riders..."Frownies"
5/7/2019 7:05pm
Some real internet badasses behind the keyboard around here...I wonder how many would make these disparaging comments to Harley riders faces. Zero.

Everybody's a tough guy, until they meet one...
BR8ES
5/7/2019 7:09pm
Some real internet badasses behind the keyboard around here...I wonder how many would make these disparaging comments to Harley riders faces. Zero. Everybody's a tough guy...
Some real internet badasses behind the keyboard around here...I wonder how many would make these disparaging comments to Harley riders faces. Zero.

Everybody's a tough guy, until they meet one...
Are you one of the catalogue bikers? Or a 1%er that dabbles in MX forums too? Lots of weekend outlaws that run on nothing but liquid courage and fantasy.
KennyT
Fantasy
280th
5/7/2019 7:31pm

KennyT wrote:
Show me one document you ever owned one...still calling total bullshit on your remarks. That’s like me saying “I had a Honda...took it into the shop...
Ok. You win with insults. I will bow out with the facts Wife rides the SV. She might go for another women. But not one on...
Ok. You win with insults. I will bow out with the facts

Wife rides the SV. She might go for another women. But not one on a 883 in the way on the highway.

I congratulate you on marrying a women who rides....there are no better women out there ?
Nice bikes BTW. Sorry for any insults thrown your way
usafwx
5/7/2019 7:34pm Edited Date/Time 5/7/2019 7:35pm
I'm a millenial (alot of us are in our 30's now...), I've had 3 street bikes before the risk outweighed the fun (drivers are freaking getting worse and worse these days, cell phones, etc. etc.) and have had more dirt bikes than I can count, generalizing millenials is pretty lame.

Post a reply to: HARLEY DAVIDSON SPEAKS TO "DECLINING BIKE SALES”,BLAMING MILLENIALS.

The Latest