H1 biggest disappointments?

Related:
Create New Tag

1/17/2021 2:02 AM
Edited Date/Time: 1/17/2021 2:03 AM

Yes it's only first race, but who were biggest disappointments for h1?

I would say Bloss, he did awesome at the end of 2020 and now didn't even make a main event

|

1/17/2021 2:05 AM

Webb. He couldn't even pass a rookie.. he stayed all the race behind Ferrandis!

|

1/17/2021 2:08 AM

Quite suprised with Webb, I thought he was a sure thing for a podium..
Silver lining is tomac, Webb and Osborne all had average finishes so the points will be tight for a while

|

1/17/2021 2:10 AM

The track.

|

"Sorry Goose, but it's time to buzz the tower."

1/17/2021 2:24 AM

Justin Hill

|

2014 Ducati Monster 1200
2014 KTM 300SX
2003 Kawasaki KX500
Instagram: @MarkusUpdate

1/17/2021 2:32 AM
Edited Date/Time: 1/17/2021 2:32 AM

The number of spectators in the stands.

Me in 2019 would be so bummed seeing this.

|

the ultimate MX renegade from the east shore of the big cold pond

1/17/2021 2:44 AM

Horrible track.

|

1/17/2021 2:50 AM

I agree the track was disappointing- there was only a single top ten pass (Marv on AC) in the last two-thirds of the race.

|

1/17/2021 3:21 AM
Edited Date/Time: 1/17/2021 4:35 AM

J. Lawrence and Anderson.

Wonder what's up with Anderson? If any of you watched the interview that Ralph and RC did with the entire RR Husky Team, Anderson seemed so disconnected and uninterested. He wasn't engaging like the rest of the team members and you could just see all over his face that he wasn't into it. Maybe just a bad day for him that day?

|

1/17/2021 4:32 AM

WEBB, he didn't hardly pass anyone unless they crashed

|



1/17/2021 4:46 AM

Tomac. That was a horrible start for a guy hoping to defend a title. It’s gonna be a long year if he can’t figure out how to holeshot a race.

|

1/17/2021 4:49 AM

Hi Side wrote:

J. Lawrence and Anderson.

Wonder what's up with Anderson? If any of you watched the interview that Ralph and RC did with the entire RR Husky Team, Anderson seemed so disconnected and uninterested. He wasn't engaging like the rest of the team members and you could just see all over his face that he wasn't into it. Maybe just a bad day for him that day?

Anderson was loyal to Bobby Hewitt. Now that Bobby isn't around, the team probably has a different feel, and he may not enjoy the new team culture.

|

1/17/2021 4:58 AM

What was wrong with the track? The track seemed fine to me.

|

1/17/2021 5:07 AM

cloud41 wrote:

What was wrong with the track? The track seemed fine to me.

Because Tomac didn’t win.

Track was fine to me as well.

|

1/17/2021 5:47 AM

Track sucked. Literally no passing.

|

1/17/2021 5:49 AM

No crazy "WTF" moment.

|

1/17/2021 5:53 AM

the track.

but I bitch about it constantly. When the LCQ guys are hitting the same lines as the top 3 in the 450 main, there's something seriously wrong with our sport.

|

1/17/2021 5:57 AM

No fans. They make a big difference. Was still great to have racing to watch, but can’t wait to hear the crowd cheer again when something cool happens. It’s all much more exciting when there’s fans

|

1/17/2021 5:59 AM

I watched the races on Peacock even though it was on NBCsn and the dead air between races without commercials was just annoying. At least on the MX races, the announcers would continue to talk about the race the entire time. They should find something like interviews or anything to fill the time.

|

1/17/2021 6:00 AM

Top 15 riders qualified in the same second lap time. Same line around the track. Passing opportunities were terrible. Previous champions sat in the same positiion the entire race. Whats the point lf going 20+2 if the onlyt thing that matters is the start

|

1/17/2021 6:01 AM

MX114 wrote:

No fans. They make a big difference. Was still great to have racing to watch, but can’t wait to hear the crowd cheer again when something cool happens. It’s all much more exciting when there’s fans

I heard em. Especially when Craig won.

|

1/17/2021 6:06 AM

The audio guy at NRG. You couldn’t hear most of the podium interviews but the commercials were blaring loud. Then they’d get some echos going followed by screaming feedback. Horrible job.

Those bitching about the fans weren’t there. The riders most definitely appreciated having some butts in the seats. You could see it at opening ceremonies and with the podium speeches. We couldn’t hear a damn thing Craig said but the emotion on his face was clear and the crowed cheered him heavily - and he heard it.

Track was ok. There were places to pass but they are all so good it takes a mistake usually. No one was really forcing the issue being round 1. You could see guys let up instead of blasting someone. That will change as points race gets tighter. Dirt was very good.

Hammer 663s

|

1/17/2021 6:50 AM

BobbyLight wrote:

Track sucked. Literally no passing.

I was there and the track had plenty places to pass, I watched people getting passed all day?

|

1/17/2021 6:50 AM

Hammer 663s wrote:

The audio guy at NRG. You couldn’t hear most of the podium interviews but the commercials were blaring loud. Then they’d get some echos going followed by screaming feedback. Horrible job.

Those bitching about the fans weren’t there. The riders most definitely appreciated having some butts in the seats. You could see it at opening ceremonies and with the podium speeches. We couldn’t hear a damn thing Craig said but the emotion on his face was clear and the crowed cheered him heavily - and he heard it.

Track was ok. There were places to pass but they are all so good it takes a mistake usually. No one was really forcing the issue being round 1. You could see guys let up instead of blasting someone. That will change as points race gets tighter. Dirt was very good.

Hammer 663s

Exactly!

|

1/17/2021 7:19 AM

-MAVERICK- wrote:

The track.

I thought it was the best Arenacross track ever.... not sure what you mean?

|

1/17/2021 7:23 AM

MCarthur wrote:

Webb. He couldn't even pass a rookie.. he stayed all the race behind Ferrandis!

Yankee didn’t want none?

|

1/17/2021 7:27 AM

Im not sure why they deem it necessary to make a new track all the time....go back pick out the best layouts and stick to them.

|

sponsored by zip tie, JB weld and peanut butter and jelly

1/17/2021 7:29 AM

People always finding something to complain about

|

1/17/2021 7:41 AM

So I’m hearing track sucks and no fans.....put that together and why not make this the solution 😉 Photo

|

1/17/2021 7:47 AM

Obviously Tomac. He was like 7th or 8th after the start then drops back, gets in to it with Freise of all people twice, and then cruises around in 14th for half the race.

|