H Lawrence and Robertson getting chippy......

Sandusky26
7/12/2022 9:07am
McG194 wrote:
I still hate cats but now I feel like a dick about it.

Poor little guy, you did the right thing.
Don't understand this insecure thought process.
kpiper
7/12/2022 9:22am
shuggs wrote:
Sadly yes, many a time, comes with being old n slow 😔. First thing I told kids then g’son when they went on full size track...
Sadly yes, many a time, comes with being old n slow 😔.

First thing I told kids then g’son when they went on full size track, that if they fell get up and out of the way of other bikes, make sure your safe THEN check body then think about bike.

The pro’s are a different breed from us mere mortals and will know what ‘traffic’ is like so can quickly recover, in this instance Hunter SHOULD have known other bikes were close as he had more than one lucky escape.
The pros are not a 'different breed' in my opinion. They just go a little faster on a dirt bike than most. Does not make them special humans at all.
McG194
7/12/2022 10:43am
McG194 wrote:
I still hate cats but now I feel like a dick about it.

Poor little guy, you did the right thing.
Sandusky26 wrote:
Don't understand this insecure thought process.
I don't understand what you don't understand.

I don't like cats, I'm a dog person.

I was engaging in a little good natured ball busting about admitting to having a cat but he gave a good story of why he has one.

Fairly cut and dried.

The Shop

7/12/2022 11:31am
McG194 wrote:
I don't understand what you don't understand. I don't like cats, I'm a dog person. I was engaging in a little good natured ball busting about...

I was engaging in a little good natured ball busting about admitting to having a cat but he gave a good story of why he has one.

Fairly cut and dried.
What he seems to not understand is the fact people can have a different opinion than you, but that doesn't automatically make them "insecure."
Such a tired way of thinking. If someone doesn't agree, then deep down they must know they're wrong and are too insecure to admit it, right? To me, THAT'S the insecure thing.
DonM
7/12/2022 11:37am Edited Date/Time 7/13/2022 6:59am
WTF...So we're now arguing about cats? We need to get Marv in on this conversation....
Sandusky26
7/12/2022 11:41am
McG194 wrote:
I don't understand what you don't understand. I don't like cats, I'm a dog person. I was engaging in a little good natured ball busting about...

Fairly cut and dried.

These fuckers really piss me off.
CPR
7/12/2022 2:06pm
Sandusky26 wrote:
[img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2022/07/12/559136/s1200_IMG_20220421_071647_1.jpg[/img]

Are cats the new bear?
Sandusky26
7/12/2022 2:13pm
Sandusky26 wrote:
[img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2022/07/12/559136/s1200_IMG_20220421_071647_1.jpg[/img]

CPR wrote:
Are cats the new bear?
That cat would kill a bear.
acres951
7/13/2022 5:49am Edited Date/Time 7/13/2022 5:51am
McG194 wrote:

Fairly cut and dried.
What he seems to not understand is the fact people can have a different opinion than you, but that doesn't automatically make them "insecure." Such a...
What he seems to not understand is the fact people can have a different opinion than you, but that doesn't automatically make them "insecure."
Such a tired way of thinking. If someone doesn't agree, then deep down they must know they're wrong and are too insecure to admit it, right? To me, THAT'S the insecure thing.
Huh, it wasn’t the fact that he doesn’t like cats, good grief.
It was the fact that he though the guy was a kid 40’s “independant woman” for admitting to having a cat.

That is what shows the insecurity. But everyone sees what they want to see. The tough guy attitude prominently on display here is pretty funny because “if you have to act tough…”

Anyhoo, back to the real tough guys, Hunter and Stilez are both badasses and it’s great to see the passion and I’m sure they’re both over it by now.
McG194
7/13/2022 6:14am Edited Date/Time 7/13/2022 11:28am
McG194 wrote:

Fairly cut and dried.
What he seems to not understand is the fact people can have a different opinion than you, but that doesn't automatically make them "insecure." Such a...
acres951 wrote:
Huh, it wasn’t the fact that he doesn’t like cats, good grief. It was the fact that he though the guy was a kid 40’s “independant...
Huh, it wasn’t the fact that he doesn’t like cats, good grief.
It was the fact that he though the guy was a kid 40’s “independant woman” for admitting to having a cat.

That is what shows the insecurity. But everyone sees what they want to see. The tough guy attitude prominently on display here is pretty funny because “if you have to act tough…”

Anyhoo, back to the real tough guys, Hunter and Stilez are both badasses and it’s great to see the passion and I’m sure they’re both over it by now.
Yeah I hate cats because I judge how tough I am by my badass pit bull. Errrr wait, I don't have a badass pit bull, I just have the sweetest dog that ever lived. Yes, compared to Belle (the greatest dog in the history of dogs) your cat sucks. lol

What kind of monster downvotes a Golden Retriever?
smoothies862
Fantasy
676th
7/13/2022 1:52pm
Looked like two young competitive men learning how to deal with other young competitive men.
NvHermit
Fantasy
4303rd
7/13/2022 2:30pm
McG194 wrote:
Yeah I hate cats because I judge how tough I am by my badass pit bull. Errrr wait, I don't have a badass pit bull, I...
Yeah I hate cats because I judge how tough I am by my badass pit bull. Errrr wait, I don't have a badass pit bull, I just have the sweetest dog that ever lived. Yes, compared to Belle (the greatest dog in the history of dogs) your cat sucks. lol

Maybe the forth sweetest dog because I have the top three up here with me on the mountain

7/13/2022 3:08pm Edited Date/Time 7/13/2022 3:09pm
This view justifies Hunter's anger in my eyes. Definitely a difference between taking someone's line while still giving them a chance to shut off VS cutting over 2/3 of the track up the face of a jump while side by side. Stilez had barely a wheel-length on him... to me that's a cross jump

mx313
7/13/2022 3:26pm Edited Date/Time 7/13/2022 3:28pm
This view justifies Hunter's anger in my eyes. Definitely a difference between taking someone's line while still giving them a chance to shut off VS cutting...
This view justifies Hunter's anger in my eyes. Definitely a difference between taking someone's line while still giving them a chance to shut off VS cutting over 2/3 of the track up the face of a jump while side by side. Stilez had barely a wheel-length on him... to me that's a cross jump

Nah look at the lines in the track. The line stiles is taking looks to be a common line taken by many b4 him.
Just an inside corner to fading outside for the straight.

aeffertz
7/13/2022 3:46pm
This view justifies Hunter's anger in my eyes. Definitely a difference between taking someone's line while still giving them a chance to shut off VS cutting...

mx313 wrote:
Nah look at the lines in the track. The line stiles is taking looks to be a common line taken by many b4 him. Just an...
Nah look at the lines in the track. The line stiles is taking looks to be a common line taken by many b4 him.

Look at where he left the jump compared to where you drew your line. He went from the right side to the left side completely on the face on the jump. Not just that but look at the angle of the rider ahead of them (in the air in the first screenshot) and compare it to the angle of Stilez in the last one. To me it looks like he’s scrubbing in the opposite direction of the track flow to compensate for the amount he’s cut across the track on the face.
Kevin852
7/13/2022 3:46pm

mx313 wrote:
Nah look at the lines in the track. The line stiles is taking looks to be a common line taken by many b4 him. Just an...

I agree. It seems that the track bends right there so most were taking that left side.

But dead issue. Styles said he didnt see him, owned it, apologized. Done deal.
deanwhite51
Fantasy
2582nd
7/13/2022 3:50pm

if the jump goes to the left.. and they are both at high speeds jumping to the left... why is Robertson scrubbing the oppposite way?
MX690
7/13/2022 5:07pm
Kevin852 wrote:
I agree. It seems that the track bends right there so most were taking that left side. But dead issue. Styles said he didnt see him...
I agree. It seems that the track bends right there so most were taking that left side.

But dead issue. Styles said he didnt see him, owned it, apologized. Done deal.
Yep I think any argument ends over who's at fault, when one rider takes full responsibility and admits he was at fault and apologizes. There should be no more questions after that, and good on Styles for owning it.
aeffertz
7/13/2022 5:32pm
MX690 wrote:
Yep I think any argument ends over who's at fault, when one rider takes full responsibility and admits he was at fault and apologizes. There should...
Yep I think any argument ends over who's at fault, when one rider takes full responsibility and admits he was at fault and apologizes. There should be no more questions after that, and good on Styles for owning it.
The funny part is people are agreeing (based off the thumbs up/thumbs down on the posts above us) that even though Stilez admitted it was his fault, people are seemingly still agreeing that it wasn’t his fault. Grinning
PFitzG38
7/13/2022 5:56pm
shuggs wrote:
If I was in team HRC I would be having a word with Hunter - WTF when he got up, started to face oncoming bikes???? Was...
If I was in team HRC I would be having a word with Hunter - WTF when he got up, started to face oncoming bikes????

Was more likely to be hit, why not just roll off the track on his left??
You never move unless you know where to go usually by standing up. When is the last time you had to dodge bikes after a crash?
Ask me how I know.
https://youtu.be/LN0Ca07PENs
mx313
7/13/2022 6:01pm
I'm not trying to say it isn't stiles fault.
I just feel like the guy who posted the 3 pics is saying stiles cut across the track to take hunters line.
But u can see stiles line is a normal line from inside to out.
But yeah if u go from inside to out and there's a bike there u need to leave a bit of room
gerg
7/13/2022 6:21pm
Both Styles and Hunter are awesome.

As for the incident, Styles took ownership and and admitted fault.

Styles built a bridge.
Hunter needs to get over it.
McG194
7/13/2022 7:47pm
McG194 wrote:
Yeah I hate cats because I judge how tough I am by my badass pit bull. Errrr wait, I don't have a badass pit bull, I...

NvHermit wrote:
Maybe the forth sweetest dog because I have the top three up here with me on the mountain [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2022/07/13/559392/s1200_My_pack.jpg[/img]
Maybe the forth sweetest dog because I have the top three up here with me on the mountain

I would suggest our dogs battle it out but I would guess it would turn into nothing but a tail wag-athon.

Back to the original post I think it was a win for both of them Hunter showed some fire which I think some people doubt he has. I liked that Styles didn't back down at all. They will both be over it and it won't be a big deal going forward. Unless of course they end up on the same coast in SX next year and Styles's results go way up being on the alpha 250. Could be a nice little rivalry next year.
Mavetism
7/13/2022 8:40pm Edited Date/Time 7/13/2022 8:44pm
When you come online, open a thread and actually hope for some footage of the actual incident and realise that thread suddenly turned into animals planet.

Anyyyyways here is a picture of my family's retriever. He is stupid and afraid of butterflies, but he can go 30+2 and we love him nonetheless.

Post a reply to: H Lawrence and Robertson getting chippy......

The Latest