Gypsy Tales - Clown show

gerg
1/31/2021 3:47pm
I've watched probably 3 of his podcasts tops.
The first couple I found irritating because he would constantly interrupt the guests with pointless dribble and cringe...and of course the bro down BS.

The last one I watched was him interviewing Jett Lawrence on the "Forker situation" or something...was mid last year.

This one it's like he turned the bro down knob up to 11 and I literally felt stupider after watching a supposed adult "ppsssssshht no shit fukn bro yeah like right?" with a 16 year old child.

If he makes bank doing it good luck to him but never again for me.
1/31/2021 3:49pm
He's not watching it. In fact he explained how fucking stupid he was that he couldn't figure that part out.
sherro24
1/31/2021 7:04pm Edited Date/Time 1/31/2021 7:14pm
Im sick of opening a thread in this forum to just read something so stupid and pointless, every second post is just shit. i come on here to get information on the sport i love, not some dickheads opinion on something that doesnt even matter. Gypsy tales is a fucking good podcast, go look at his list of guests hes had before you jump to conclusions. If it wasnt for the few vital members who seem to know what they are talking about then i would be done with this forum
wicksy85
Fantasy
1579th
1/31/2021 10:59pm
MX Guy wrote:
Not a fan. Does the dude even ride? Has he ever? Just curious.
Jase has grown up racing the Queensland Motocross scene since his junior years, grown up riding with Todd Waters and has also been around the Lawrence Brothers, Mitch Evans, Jatz Richardson and Wilson Todd since they were on 50s.

He has done his time riding bikes and does it purely for the love of the sport like everyone else on here.

He knows how to market people to his social media platforms he isn't dumb. He knows how it all works.

Here is a photo of him riding I took last year.

The Shop

RaceFan
1/31/2021 11:25pm
jemcee wrote:
This is a weird thread so I'm just gonna add an opinion that no one should even care about The short clips on YouTube are a...
This is a weird thread so I'm just gonna add an opinion that no one should even care about
The short clips on YouTube are a winner for me (and I notice Matthes is doing that now).. Anytime I try and listen to a 3-5 hour podcast it just turns into white noise and I miss everything
Agreed, clips shows are a winner. I'm surprised nobody else has caught on yet. It's an easier hook that will pull me into watching/listening to full shows.
2/1/2021 1:35am
Gypsy brings more to the shows than just moto and it's nice to listen to people that love motorbikes as a whole. Pulpmx has good guess on but Steve isn't liked enough in the industry to get the people gypsy get on. The Chad and Ricky podcast the Jack Miller one the Travis Pastrana one, gypsy is the only guy getting these people talking in podcasts. I look at it as gypsy loves the sport so much as the other podcast guys and is trying to reach out to new fans a pull them into out little niche sport. He gets a lot of hate but he brings some content the Americans don't bring and vice versa. The opinion that you can't say any about the races if you don't go or if you didn't race against the elite or work in the sport is narrow minded. Pure dig a Steve Matthers the guy who said Kenny is done this season and he doesn't win a single main. I like to try and listen to all the different shows about the races because I enjoy all the inside info but seems parts of the moto community are toxic as hell and dismiss or abuse anything that isn't American
BMc914
2/1/2021 1:40am
Gypsy brings more to the shows than just moto and it's nice to listen to people that love motorbikes as a whole. Pulpmx has good guess...
Gypsy brings more to the shows than just moto and it's nice to listen to people that love motorbikes as a whole. Pulpmx has good guess on but Steve isn't liked enough in the industry to get the people gypsy get on. The Chad and Ricky podcast the Jack Miller one the Travis Pastrana one, gypsy is the only guy getting these people talking in podcasts. I look at it as gypsy loves the sport so much as the other podcast guys and is trying to reach out to new fans a pull them into out little niche sport. He gets a lot of hate but he brings some content the Americans don't bring and vice versa. The opinion that you can't say any about the races if you don't go or if you didn't race against the elite or work in the sport is narrow minded. Pure dig a Steve Matthers the guy who said Kenny is done this season and he doesn't win a single main. I like to try and listen to all the different shows about the races because I enjoy all the inside info but seems parts of the moto community are toxic as hell and dismiss or abuse anything that isn't American
Steve said KRoc would win a main event. He said not win the Championship. Go back and listen again before you misquote what he is saying.
2/1/2021 1:41am
Gypsy brings more to the shows than just moto and it's nice to listen to people that love motorbikes as a whole. Pulpmx has good guess...
???

Your putting a lot of words in Steve's mouth there....things he did not say.

"Steve Matthers the guy who said Kenny is done this season and he doesn't win a single main." Please provide a link to where he said anything even close to that. I seem to remember him saying Kenny will not win a title because he will fade late in the season. There is plenty to criticize Steve on....why do you have to resort to such misstatements? It actually ruins your credibility.
2/1/2021 1:59am Edited Date/Time 2/1/2021 2:00am
??? Your putting a lot of words in Steve's mouth there....things he did not say. "Steve Matthers the guy who said Kenny is done this season...
???

"Steve Matthers the guy who said Kenny is done this season and he doesn't win a single main." Please provide a link to where he said anything even close to that. I seem to remember him saying Kenny will not win a title because he will fade late in the season. There is plenty to criticize Steve on....why do you have to resort to such misstatements? It actually ruins your credibility.
Preview supercross show when they all pick their winners for the season. He said Kenny doesn't win
2/1/2021 2:05am
I should of said before the season started because Steve defo said last week Kenny wins an Indy round.
RG1
2/1/2021 2:25am Edited Date/Time 2/1/2021 2:26am
??? Your putting a lot of words in Steve's mouth there....things he did not say. "Steve Matthers the guy who said Kenny is done this season...
???

Preview supercross show when they all pick their winners for the season. He said Kenny doesn't win
He said nothing close to that. He said he didn’t think Kenny could win the title because of the health issues that have stopped him really competing for it in the past, combined with him being on a brand new bike and taking outdoors off and not racing for a while. I don’t agree with that, but the logic is sound and it’s a valid opinion. At no point did he say Kenny was done and wouldn’t win races
Bjorn645
Fantasy
1022nd
2/1/2021 3:45am
This is like complaining about a show being on TV that you don’t like when there’s hundreds of others you can choose to watch. I bet you blow on your food in a restaurant just to complain that’s it’s cold.
stremme12
Fantasy
3700th
2/1/2021 3:57am
Steve has literally had Pastrana, Reed and RC on multiple times lol.
Crush
2/1/2021 4:16am
You can't say Steve isn't liked enough. Having disagreements with people or riders where they eventually see the light but otherwise having the biggest live media presence in the sport? He's doing fine.

Also, that's not what he said on Kenny.
2/1/2021 4:33am
Alan Dove wrote:
OK, take a step into the karting realm with me. As a sport we share quite a lot with motocross, though we still bang around on...
OK, take a step into the karting realm with me. As a sport we share quite a lot with motocross, though we still bang around on 2-strokes.

Anyway, we by and large of no media platform to speak of. We would KILL to have podcasts and shows pop up like Gypsy Tales from genuine fans. They are a symptom of a sports success and help breed interest. Without them you really have no spectator sport to speak of. 99.99999999% of people who watch supercross and sports in general are armchair quarterbacks. It's the debate and discussion that FUELS interest. If we said "only pro level SX riders can have an opinion and run media entities" well good luck that coz you've just killed your sport.

Honestly, the amount of moaning on here about this and that, you have NO idea how good you've got it. You really don't. Like I said, come to karting for a year and then you'll appreciate what you have.

On a practical note, of course the guy can't go to races he lives in Australia.... and there's this thing going around called Covid that has completely destroyed international travel. You NEED people with passion talking about your sport that new people can engage with. Joe Rogan is a comedian who has never stepped in an Octagon in his life to compete in the UFC, but has been a large part of driving the sport's success.

Lost me at karting...
RonJon
2/1/2021 4:43am
Sounds like you dumb cunts are mad no body wants to hear your shit opinions on youtube.
2/1/2021 9:25am Edited Date/Time 2/1/2021 2:00pm
sherro24 wrote:
Im sick of opening a thread in this forum to just read something so stupid and pointless, every second post is just shit. i come on...
Im sick of opening a thread in this forum to just read something so stupid and pointless, every second post is just shit. i come on here to get information on the sport i love, not some dickheads opinion on something that doesnt even matter. Gypsy tales is a fucking good podcast, go look at his list of guests hes had before you jump to conclusions. If it wasnt for the few vital members who seem to know what they are talking about then i would be done with this forum
Seems like you're more upset that you opened a thread with a different opinion than yours than anything else. I mean the thread title tells you pretty clearly what the thread is about.
Willybum
2/1/2021 9:50am
If this JTMoto guy is really dead set on hating the Gypsy Clown Show, it may have back fired on him through the extra publicity he's generating here, or maybe that was the plan, new account and all.
And its call the "World" Supercross Championship, keeps us here down under interested in these preshows and it possibly brings in new viewers from the land down under by seeing locals..
tprice07
2/1/2021 12:32pm
Uh? I think he does a great job. My guess you are just jumping on a bandwagon and want to sound cool. If you don't like what he does...it's simple...don't listen. I personally listen to all the podcast shows out there. Each show has it's pros and cons but I respect them all.

This post brings nothing to the table.
MyBobbym
2/1/2021 12:39pm
EngIceDave wrote:
Did anyone ask "Who gives a shit?"
I do Dave, now where do I put this turd?
2/1/2021 2:32pm
I don't understand the hate? Bunch of blokes hang out, having a beer and pizza. talking to pro's and watch racing together. If he annoys you...
I don't understand the hate?
Bunch of blokes hang out, having a beer and pizza. talking to pro's and watch racing together.

If he annoys you and you don't like it, don't click it and don't watch it?

As for having to be at the racers? he isnt doing a in depth behind the scenes racing, he is open about it. his podcast isn't all about moto? its just him talking about things he likes with people who have done some amazing things in many sports. The dude has spent a lot of years at the racers and has had more to do with the industry then you realize. he rides bikes, done whole lot of film work for the major brands and teams within the sport prior to his podcast.
To have the people he has had come on the show, obviously he cant be that bad of a bloke if people like RC and TP199 get on and spend an hour talking to him, its not like they are paid to be on the podcast.

And finally as per your whole how are they using his clips,im assuming moto spy..
ask them.. obviously they think his content is better then the rest. thats not up to the public, thats the creators haha

Cant believe this Forum has gotten this far.
Ya it's not that serious. I listen to some of the clips he has up on YouTube and some I don't listen you. Pretty simple. As far as the forum it's gotten this far because it's still the best place to talk shop on all things moto. The vast majority of guys here ride and race or have at some point in their life. Go read some of the shit that people comment and post on the dumpster fire that is FB. Instagram has good content from the riders themselves. Cool vids and you actually get the news and updates on riders from instagram faster than anywhere else it seems. But then just like FB the comments on instagram are terrible. Disrespectful assholes actually rooting for misfortune to riders and it generally seems like those same "fans" have never rode in their lives.
jk367
2/1/2021 5:10pm
he Has good guests and seems to be pretty knowledgeable so that’s just one more form of entertainment for me. I love most of the current well known podcasts. I actually didn’t like matthes much until I listened more and realized I was judging too quickly. Let’s just feel fortunate to have so many to choose from
FANLESS
2/2/2021 12:51am
JT Moto wrote:
Who are the individuals/companies giving this clown a platform. He brings zero to the table and is a misrepresentation of the sport. He sits in his...

Who are the individuals/companies giving this clown a platform. He brings zero to the table and is a misrepresentation of the sport. He sits in his little closet and doesn’t leave. Doesn’t attend races, isn’t at the test tracks and doesn’t even talk to the athletes. He’s no different than an arm chair quarterback. Maybe worse, at least the arm chair quarterbacks competed at some point back in the day.
It’s just weird to me. Why do people value his opinion?

How is he "a misrepresentation of the sport"?
Lightning78
2/2/2021 2:12am
foreman52 wrote:
My thoughts are the same. I can’t stand him and have such a hard time believing all these top pros give him the time of day.
Alan Dove wrote:
ermm... because he is passionate about the sport and has an audience maybe? You know, fans... fans that fund the whole show.

foreman52 wrote:
I just don’t understand how he got his audience. His video marketing is great however. Cutting up small parts of podcasts and releasing them as separate...
I just don’t understand how he got his audience.

His video marketing is great however. Cutting up small parts of podcasts and releasing them as separate videos.
And titling them with a very click-baity type heading too 👎 i tried to listen to his clips and his pro bro attitude towards whichever rider is in the seat does bug me to no end but I just stopped listening and that was it for me. I remember when he was trying to incite some fuckery with Josh Hill and Matthes....the dood was totally trying to discredit and shit talk Matthes saying he doesn't know what he's doing and doesn't know his facts etc......thats when I had to draw the line. He was trying to get Hill to start in on the shit talking but Hill sort of took the high road and he was down in the depths trying to "lead the witness" kind of deal.

Anyway I feel he really tries to get the riders to say controversial stuff they were being led into. If you listen to his pods you can clearly hear him nudging and I wasn't a fan after that.
Homey55
2/2/2021 11:17am
JT Moto wrote:
Who are the individuals/companies giving this clown a platform. He brings zero to the table and is a misrepresentation of the sport. He sits in his...

Who are the individuals/companies giving this clown a platform. He brings zero to the table and is a misrepresentation of the sport. He sits in his little closet and doesn’t leave. Doesn’t attend races, isn’t at the test tracks and doesn’t even talk to the athletes. He’s no different than an arm chair quarterback. Maybe worse, at least the arm chair quarterbacks competed at some point back in the day.
It’s just weird to me. Why do people value his opinion?

motokiwi
Fantasy
319th
2/2/2021 11:49am Edited Date/Time 2/2/2021 2:25pm
I have been a big critic at times - but dude-bro has his place in this rapidly changing media world and he asks some pretty good questions.

I think Mathes may be getting a little jealous after being the #1 guy for so long.. its a bit ironic that Pulp have just started with the Graeme Bessinger style small clickbait clips like Gypsey has been doing for a while..

NZ272
2/2/2021 12:00pm
Now now kids, everyone should get their turn on the swing. Canadian mechanics, Gypsy's everyone should get to have a play otherwise it's just not fair!!

Post a reply to: Gypsy Tales - Clown show

The Latest