Gypsy Tales - Clown show

Related:
Create New Tag

1/30/2021 6:56 AM

Who are the individuals/companies giving this clown a platform. He brings zero to the table and is a misrepresentation of the sport. He sits in his little closet and doesn’t leave. Doesn’t attend races, isn’t at the test tracks and doesn’t even talk to the athletes. He’s no different than an arm chair quarterback. Maybe worse, at least the arm chair quarterbacks competed at some point back in the day.
It’s just weird to me. Why do people value his opinion?

|

1/30/2021 7:07 AM

Because, sick bro.

|

"Sorry Goose, but it's time to buzz the tower."

1/30/2021 7:10 AM
Edited Date/Time: 1/30/2021 7:11 AM

He’s been around for 13 years (that I know of) works his ass off, has riders on his show, provides entertainment and insight. What more do you need him to bring to the table? Why does it bother you that other people like his content?

|

I just wanna thank the Lord and Red Bull KTM

1/30/2021 7:12 AM

JT Moto wrote:

Who are the individuals/companies giving this clown a platform. He brings zero to the table and is a misrepresentation of the sport. He sits in his little closet and doesn’t leave. Doesn’t attend races, isn’t at the test tracks and doesn’t even talk to the athletes. He’s no different than an arm chair quarterback. Maybe worse, at least the arm chair quarterbacks competed at some point back in the day.
It’s just weird to me. Why do people value his opinion?

You must be a good buddy of Steve

|

1/30/2021 7:13 AM

Why? Because we live in free and open society where people have the option to choose what they watch on TV?

Plus, anyone getting slammed on vital gets the benefit of the doubt from me

|

1/30/2021 7:24 AM

The people on here blow my mind. Gypsy tales is great. Does it just enrage you so much that you can’t not watch it and decide to come to a forum to try to see if people agree with you? I mean gypsy is blowing up and I’m pretty positive more people enjoy his content than agree with you....

How does he bring zero value? He brings tons of pros on his podcast and gets amazing content for us to enjoy. Then there’s you... just a miserable guy behind a keyboard.

|

1/30/2021 7:29 AM

What do you bring to the table?

|

1/30/2021 7:30 AM

deadlo wrote:

The people on here blow my mind. Gypsy tales is great. Does it just enrage you so much that you can’t not watch it and decide to come to a forum to try to see if people agree with you? I mean gypsy is blowing up and I’m pretty positive more people enjoy his content than agree with you....

How does he bring zero value? He brings tons of pros on his podcast and gets amazing content for us to enjoy. Then there’s you... just a miserable guy behind a keyboard.

Your reading comprehension is poor. Maybe that's why you listen to Gypsy. I don't listen to the show, not even sure i know how i would listen. Reddit?
I asked why companies are giving him air time on other formats? Why are clips being used from his show to breakdown a race or rider? He is NOT at the races. Pointless.

|

1/30/2021 7:32 AM

JT Moto wrote:

Who are the individuals/companies giving this clown a platform. He brings zero to the table and is a misrepresentation of the sport. He sits in his little closet and doesn’t leave. Doesn’t attend races, isn’t at the test tracks and doesn’t even talk to the athletes. He’s no different than an arm chair quarterback. Maybe worse, at least the arm chair quarterbacks competed at some point back in the day.
It’s just weird to me. Why do people value his opinion?

I prefer gypsy tales over all other moto podcasts every day of the week. So companies support his platform because of me and all the like minded people like me.
Companies support matthes and ping because of their audiences.
Everyone’s tastes are different, why you getting your ass in your hand because you’re not into gypsy tales? There’s plenty who are

|

1/30/2021 7:34 AM

JT Moto wrote:

Your reading comprehension is poor. Maybe that's why you listen to Gypsy. I don't listen to the show, not even sure i know how i would listen. Reddit?
I asked why companies are giving him air time on other formats? Why are clips being used from his show to breakdown a race or rider? He is NOT at the races. Pointless.

Honestly can’t tell if you’re trolling. You don’t listen to his stuff, or know how, but have this strong of an opinion? His clips are used on these shows because they are deemed valuable by the show’s producers.

|

I just wanna thank the Lord and Red Bull KTM

1/30/2021 7:34 AM

My thoughts are the same. I can’t stand him and have such a hard time believing all these top pros give him the time of day.

|

1/30/2021 7:34 AM
Edited Date/Time: 1/30/2021 7:39 AM

OK, take a step into the karting realm with me. As a sport we share quite a lot with motocross, though we still bang around on 2-strokes.

Anyway, we by and large of no media platform to speak of. We would KILL to have podcasts and shows pop up like Gypsy Tales from genuine fans. They are a symptom of a sports success and help breed interest. Without them you really have no spectator sport to speak of. 99.99999999% of people who watch supercross and sports in general are armchair quarterbacks. It's the debate and discussion that FUELS interest. If we said "only pro level SX riders can have an opinion and run media entities" well good luck that coz you've just killed your sport.

Honestly, the amount of moaning on here about this and that, you have NO idea how good you've got it. You really don't. Like I said, come to karting for a year and then you'll appreciate what you have.

On a practical note, of course the guy can't go to races he lives in Australia.... and there's this thing going around called Covid that has completely destroyed international travel. You NEED people with passion talking about your sport that new people can engage with. Joe Rogan is a comedian who has never stepped in an Octagon in his life to compete in the UFC, but has been a large part of driving the sport's success.

|

1/30/2021 7:35 AM

deadlo wrote:

The people on here blow my mind. Gypsy tales is great. Does it just enrage you so much that you can’t not watch it and decide to come to a forum to try to see if people agree with you? I mean gypsy is blowing up and I’m pretty positive more people enjoy his content than agree with you....

How does he bring zero value? He brings tons of pros on his podcast and gets amazing content for us to enjoy. Then there’s you... just a miserable guy behind a keyboard.

JT Moto wrote:

Your reading comprehension is poor. Maybe that's why you listen to Gypsy. I don't listen to the show, not even sure i know how i would listen. Reddit?
I asked why companies are giving him air time on other formats? Why are clips being used from his show to breakdown a race or rider? He is NOT at the races. Pointless.

Who’s shows should they get clips from? Pretty sure most people aren’t at the races right now so no one can talk about them?
Also why do you have to be at the races to talk about them? That would mean 90% of vital shouldn’t talk about them.
Imagine bitching about a show/podcast you weren’t even at when it was being recorded, or worse you didn’t even listen to the recording of.... pot kettle black

|

1/30/2021 7:37 AM

foreman52 wrote:

My thoughts are the same. I can’t stand him and have such a hard time believing all these top pros give him the time of day.

ermm... because he is passionate about the sport and has an audience maybe? You know, fans... fans that fund the whole show.

|

1/30/2021 7:41 AM

deadlo wrote:

The people on here blow my mind. Gypsy tales is great. Does it just enrage you so much that you can’t not watch it and decide to come to a forum to try to see if people agree with you? I mean gypsy is blowing up and I’m pretty positive more people enjoy his content than agree with you....

How does he bring zero value? He brings tons of pros on his podcast and gets amazing content for us to enjoy. Then there’s you... just a miserable guy behind a keyboard.

JT Moto wrote:

Your reading comprehension is poor. Maybe that's why you listen to Gypsy. I don't listen to the show, not even sure i know how i would listen. Reddit?
I asked why companies are giving him air time on other formats? Why are clips being used from his show to breakdown a race or rider? He is NOT at the races. Pointless.

You realize the fact that you have never even heard his show, then post about how he’s a clown and brings nothing to the table is even worse?

|

1/30/2021 7:42 AM

Don't listen to his show if you don't like it. Why start a thread shitting on it? You say you've never listened to the show but have all these opinions on it. So you're lying or jus parroting what others have said. Which is it?

|

1/30/2021 7:42 AM

Whaaaaaaaaat? This is a great show. Are you kidding? Good content

|

1/30/2021 7:43 AM

Vital internet gold.... someone calling people names and raging about a podcast they don't even know how to watch laughing

|

1/30/2021 7:46 AM

Alan Dove wrote:

OK, take a step into the karting realm with me. As a sport we share quite a lot with motocross, though we still bang around on 2-strokes.

Anyway, we by and large of no media platform to speak of. We would KILL to have podcasts and shows pop up like Gypsy Tales from genuine fans. They are a symptom of a sports success and help breed interest. Without them you really have no spectator sport to speak of. 99.99999999% of people who watch supercross and sports in general are armchair quarterbacks. It's the debate and discussion that FUELS interest. If we said "only pro level SX riders can have an opinion and run media entities" well good luck that coz you've just killed your sport.

Honestly, the amount of moaning on here about this and that, you have NO idea how good you've got it. You really don't. Like I said, come to karting for a year and then you'll appreciate what you have.

On a practical note, of course the guy can't go to races he lives in Australia.... and there's this thing going around called Covid that has completely destroyed international travel. You NEED people with passion talking about your sport that new people can engage with. Joe Rogan is a comedian who has never stepped in an Octagon in his life to compete in the UFC, but has been a large part of driving the sport's success.

Bro, Rogan is a black belt and competed his entire life in mixed martial arts (professionally). He trains and rolls daily. Horrible example.

|

1/30/2021 7:48 AM

You gotta love people tearing down proponents of their beloved dying sport.



Motocross Action Magazine
Suzuki

Now Gypsy Tales.


|

I was raised just off HWY 126 in Valencia during the 80's.

1/30/2021 7:49 AM

Never heard of her.

|

1/30/2021 7:50 AM

The Buttery kid would have more credentials than this dude. Both are idiots, but at least Buttery is in the seen, rides, goes to the races and speaks direct to the riders. That makes sense to me. Gypsy, not so much.

|

1/30/2021 7:53 AM
Edited Date/Time: 2/9/2021 3:10 AM

Did your chick got banged by an aussie dude ?

|

1/30/2021 7:55 AM

JT Moto wrote:

Bro, Rogan is a black belt and competed his entire life in mixed martial arts (professionally). He trains and rolls daily. Horrible example.

He stopped competing at 21, so didn't compete his entire life nor in MMA. He did competitions in specific martial arts, not MMA. His fanbase was primarily from his comedy career and his passion for fighting is what has helped drive UFC forward. No one is saying "oh Joe never fought in UFC so he doesn't actually understand the complexity of real MMA" because that would be a stupid thing to say.

Let's take it somewhere else. F1. Formula 1 has 20 drivers per year that do it. With dirt bikes ANYONE can go buy a bike. So only 20 humans per year get to experience an F1 car. That means 99.9999999999999% of podcast content, by default, is created by people who have never sat in one, let alone raced one.

So you're setting this impossible standard and show no understanding of the medium.

I notice how you ignored every other point I made.

podcasts like Gypsy Tales, no matter what you feel about who presents, are a vital tool to building a sport's popularity. I can't stress this enough. Unless you want to be like karting where I don't think we've don't have fans.... literally none.

|

1/30/2021 7:55 AM

|

1/30/2021 8:00 AM

Alan Dove wrote:

OK, take a step into the karting realm with me. As a sport we share quite a lot with motocross, though we still bang around on 2-strokes.

Anyway, we by and large of no media platform to speak of. We would KILL to have podcasts and shows pop up like Gypsy Tales from genuine fans. They are a symptom of a sports success and help breed interest. Without them you really have no spectator sport to speak of. 99.99999999% of people who watch supercross and sports in general are armchair quarterbacks. It's the debate and discussion that FUELS interest. If we said "only pro level SX riders can have an opinion and run media entities" well good luck that coz you've just killed your sport.

Honestly, the amount of moaning on here about this and that, you have NO idea how good you've got it. You really don't. Like I said, come to karting for a year and then you'll appreciate what you have.

On a practical note, of course the guy can't go to races he lives in Australia.... and there's this thing going around called Covid that has completely destroyed international travel. You NEED people with passion talking about your sport that new people can engage with. Joe Rogan is a comedian who has never stepped in an Octagon in his life to compete in the UFC, but has been a large part of driving the sport's success.

JT Moto wrote:

Bro, Rogan is a black belt and competed his entire life in mixed martial arts (professionally). He trains and rolls daily. Horrible example.

Alan Dove wrote:

He stopped competing at 21, so didn't compete his entire life nor in MMA. He did competitions in specific martial arts, not MMA. His fanbase was primarily from his comedy career and his passion for fighting is what has helped drive UFC forward. No one is saying "oh Joe never fought in UFC so he doesn't actually understand the complexity of real MMA" because that would be a stupid thing to say.

Let's take it somewhere else. F1. Formula 1 has 20 drivers per year that do it. With dirt bikes ANYONE can go buy a bike. So only 20 humans per year get to experience an F1 car. That means 99.9999999999999% of podcast content, by default, is created by people who have never sat in one, let alone raced one.

So you're setting this impossible standard and show no understanding of the medium.

I notice how you ignored every other point I made.

podcasts like Gypsy Tales, no matter what you feel about who presents, are a vital tool to building a sport's popularity. I can't stress this enough. Unless you want to be like karting where I don't think we've don't have fans.... literally none.

I am not setting an impossible anything. I don't care that he has a show and it seems to have a strong following. Good for him.
My point is, why is his stuff being used on other platforms. There are several other shows, reporters, experts that go to the races, work in the industry and make an effort to offer insight. Using Gypsy's stuff is no different than pulling quotes from Vital. Credibility is lost if his crap pops up on other platforms/shows.

|

1/30/2021 8:04 AM
Edited Date/Time: 1/30/2021 8:08 AM

JT Moto wrote:

The Buttery kid would have more credentials than this dude. Both are idiots, but at least Buttery is in the seen, rides, goes to the races and speaks direct to the riders. That makes sense to me. Gypsy, not so much.

Buttery has his thing, good for him, Gypsy( Jase ) has his own thing. You do realize this isn't a zero sum game? If you are looking for rider breakdown because you are a die hard then Keefer, JT, Ping are for you. Jase is out getting more casual fans into the sport. He is rooted in Moto, has been his whole life in Aus and US. He has branched out into other worlds because of his podcast, all the while brining those outside fans into moto, no different than Joe Rogan making his wide audience somewhat interested in UFC.

Our sport cant live with only diehards, our sports will slowly die. Jase is doing a great service to actually bring in new fans.

Also Hunter Lawrence called into to Supercross companion and he is about to do a podcast with another factory rider...seems like he has some credibility, no?

Also, we use him for Moto Spy because of his opinions ( we aren't breaking news there) we are driving the best stories we can find and getting different takes. Also his audience is quite big and he is from another country, if you have any Supercross podcasts from other countries, please let us know.. cant have all Yanks.

|

1/30/2021 8:05 AM
Edited Date/Time: 1/30/2021 8:06 AM

JT Moto wrote:

I am not setting an impossible anything. I don't care that he has a show and it seems to have a strong following. Good for him.
My point is, why is his stuff being used on other platforms. There are several other shows, reporters, experts that go to the races, work in the industry and make an effort to offer insight. Using Gypsy's stuff is no different than pulling quotes from Vital. Credibility is lost if his crap pops up on other platforms/shows.

Maybe because those going to the tracks aren't presenting themselves in a manner that's congruent with the aims of those using his stuff on other platforms? It's not rocket science.

What credibility loss are you talking about?

Supercross is probably the most credible forms of motorsport on the planet. Freakishly meritocratic from a rider performance point of view. Extremely dangerous. compare to F1 where dads literally buy teams for their kids.

Honestly, the negativity bias is just overwhelming. You have a sport that is popular enough to run in stadiums. Your top riders are well remunerated. You have a thriving community of fans and riders.

Like I said, spend 5 minutes i n he karting realm and you'll change your mind instantly.

|

1/30/2021 8:06 AM

JT Moto wrote:

The Buttery kid would have more credentials than this dude. Both are idiots, but at least Buttery is in the seen, rides, goes to the races and speaks direct to the riders. That makes sense to me. Gypsy, not so much.

therealhammer wrote:

Buttery has his thing, good for him, Gypsy( Jase ) has his own thing. You do realize this isn't a zero sum game? If you are looking for rider breakdown because you are a die hard then Keefer, JT, Ping are for you. Jase is out getting more casual fans into the sport. He is rooted in Moto, has been his whole life in Aus and US. He has branched out into other worlds because of his podcast, all the while brining those outside fans into moto, no different than Joe Rogan making his wide audience somewhat interested in UFC.

Our sport cant live with only diehards, our sports will slowly die. Jase is doing a great service to actually bring in new fans.

Also Hunter Lawrence called into to Supercross companion and he is about to do a podcast with another factory rider...seems like he has some credibility, no?

Also, we use him for Moto Spy because of his opinions ( we aren't breaking news there) we are driving the best stories we can find and getting different takes. Also his audience is quite big and he is from another country, if you have any Supercross podcasts from other countries, please let us know.. cant have all Yanks.

no

|

1/30/2021 8:08 AM

JT Moto wrote:

The Buttery kid would have more credentials than this dude. Both are idiots, but at least Buttery is in the seen, rides, goes to the races and speaks direct to the riders. That makes sense to me. Gypsy, not so much.

therealhammer wrote:

Buttery has his thing, good for him, Gypsy( Jase ) has his own thing. You do realize this isn't a zero sum game? If you are looking for rider breakdown because you are a die hard then Keefer, JT, Ping are for you. Jase is out getting more casual fans into the sport. He is rooted in Moto, has been his whole life in Aus and US. He has branched out into other worlds because of his podcast, all the while brining those outside fans into moto, no different than Joe Rogan making his wide audience somewhat interested in UFC.

Our sport cant live with only diehards, our sports will slowly die. Jase is doing a great service to actually bring in new fans.

Also Hunter Lawrence called into to Supercross companion and he is about to do a podcast with another factory rider...seems like he has some credibility, no?

Also, we use him for Moto Spy because of his opinions ( we aren't breaking news there) we are driving the best stories we can find and getting different takes. Also his audience is quite big and he is from another country, if you have any Supercross podcasts from other countries, please let us know.. cant have all Yanks.

He's had tons of riders on the show. Reed and RC together

|