Gypsy Podcast Guy

katooom
Edited Date/Time 9/9/2021 10:18pm
Did a good job chatting with Steve on PulpMx show. Guy presented his viewpoints in logical and well elucidated fashion. May have to give this guy a listen.
|
LungButter
9/3/2021 5:44am
I enjoyed it, hopefully he comes on again.

However, he was pretty hypocritical when he called out Steve for the Josh Hill thing and then defended Hopper a few minutes later.
kage173
9/3/2021 5:47am
I've been listening to Pulp since the beginning and I love Gypsy tales. Totally different vibe and some different perspectives on the sport.
kb228
9/3/2021 6:05am
Gypsy does a good job. His interviews are really good and he gets everything nobody else does.

The Shop

soggy
Fantasy
3846th
9/3/2021 6:12am
LungButter wrote:
I enjoyed it, hopefully he comes on again. However, he was pretty hypocritical when he called out Steve for the Josh Hill thing and then defended...

However, he was pretty hypocritical when he called out Steve for the Josh Hill thing and then defended Hopper a few minutes later.
1000% I thought the same thing and I’m surprised Steve didn’t catch it. Jace is a good interviewer though I enjoy listening to some of his pods.
jleews6
9/3/2021 6:46am
I watch his shows but cant stand the language he uses. No need for it and im sure alot of kids watch it.
Jesse318pnw
9/3/2021 6:58am Edited Date/Time 9/3/2021 6:59am
I'm a huge Pulp fan and Gypsy did a good job while Steve seemed a little tense. All in all it was a good segment but if they do it again and Steve can loosen up a bit it could be amazing.

The Josh Hill thing was weird to me because the Cheech and Chong comment would have been like 2008-2010 kind of thing and Hill was on the show a ton years after that and never said a word or acted like there was an issue. The "That's Old News Right" drop came way after the Cheech and Chong comment. I think Hill circled back to that after the beef with Monster and Steve.

9/3/2021 7:35am
jleews6 wrote:
I watch his shows but cant stand the language he uses. No need for it and im sure alot of kids watch it.
That pod he did with ping.. " awww mate id just go to the bars and ask for a jack a coke, i fucked sooooo many waitresses. soo many i crushed so much tail" and on and on that drove me nuts.
felpro
9/3/2021 7:46am
I was pleasantly surprised with the discussion between Daniel, Steve and Jason. I was surprised with how forthright Jason was re Steve's Josh Hill comment. Steve's pushed back but did so with as much class as you hope for. I knew DB would be onside and perhaps, behind the scenes, was the reason for the call to happen.

That episode of PulpMX was the first I listened to, live, for years. I had tuned in a few times a month or two ago, only to hear some extremely-irritating, high-pitched arguing by some guy calling in who was clearly a regular. I did not hang around too much to find out. Just too hard to listen to. Don't need it.

The 31 August episode stood out and is a credit to all involved. Thank you.

McG194
9/3/2021 8:16am
LungButter wrote:
I enjoyed it, hopefully he comes on again. However, he was pretty hypocritical when he called out Steve for the Josh Hill thing and then defended...

Have you listened to the Hopper podcast? Hopper admits that he is not a journalist, as a matter of fact he uses a lot of self deprecating humor on his own style calls himself a fool etc. If you watch some of his crash analysis videos he is really on point.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X4awb4DnuWU
SteveUrchin
Fantasy
930th
9/3/2021 8:18am
Gypsy dude sounded like a cry baby a while back saying Steve made fun of his accent or some bullshit.... I thought Australians where harder than that & a wise Aussie told me one time “Harden the fuck up”. 😂✌🏼

Shit talking belongs in sports and motocross, the sport would be boring without it.
Moto520
9/3/2021 8:21am
Man...i really like the Gypsy Tales podcast. Of course...this depends on the guest!
Sawfish
9/3/2021 8:35am
Gypsy tales was a privateer years ago from what I’ve read? His name has never rung a bell to me.
Mr. Afterbar
9/3/2021 8:53am
Sawfish wrote:
Gypsy tales was a privateer years ago from what I’ve read? His name has never rung a bell to me.
He was in video production. Never a professional racer.
McG194
9/3/2021 8:58am
The point that everyone is missing Daniel Effing Blair. I swear, that guy is the Matthes Enemy Whisperer or something. Blair has soothed it between RC and Steve and now Jase and Steve. Daniel seems to be universally well liked throughout the industry. I've personally had conversations with him behind the scenes and he either is as genuine as he appears on tv or he is the best faker I've ever seen, such a humble and kind dude. I can't wait to see the pictures of Steve and Jason Anderson e-biking.
biglad
9/3/2021 9:18am
I really liked listening to gypsy on pulp this week, he is very well spoken and his views are spot on. I've listened to a lot of his shows and they are ok, I feel like he just licks his guests arse a bit much. The one he did with Brandon mays (bmayzee) was absolutely horrendous, to give a prat like Brandon a platform to just talk about smoking weed in his cool rapper voice for 3 hours put me off listening to gypsy. But I will be giving him a listen again after his great segment on pulp this week.
MotoMan12345
Fantasy
1924th
9/3/2021 9:37am
jleews6 wrote:
Public schools are worse 😂😂 what’s a little language on a podcast gonna do?
9/3/2021 9:46am
Shame on Steve for not having photo evidence of Josh Hill smoking weed, and just going along with what the VAST MAJORITY OF THE MOTO COMMUNITY were saying....lol

(from an old Vital thread)
Rickyisms
9/3/2021 10:24am
Shame on Steve for not having photo evidence of Josh Hill smoking weed, and just going along with what the VAST MAJORITY OF THE MOTO COMMUNITY...
Shame on Steve for not having photo evidence of Josh Hill smoking weed, and just going along with what the VAST MAJORITY OF THE MOTO COMMUNITY were saying....lol

(from an old Vital thread)
That's gold. Thanks for posting.
DonM
9/3/2021 11:16am
Just listened to it….As far as Josh Hill is concerned…he was a factory rider and with that comes some responsibility for his actions and he didn’t think that hanging out with Lawrence wasn’t going to hurt his reputation and probably his career was just dumb on his part…fast forward to today and his career never got to the level of his talent and how’s that friendship going with Lawerence? Hill blaming Steve for Yam drug testing really has nothing to do with Steve and more to do with who Hill chose to posse up with….
tobz
9/3/2021 1:52pm
Sawfish wrote:
I thought the same thing, but no it’s not him, it was a different McAlpine
davis224
Fantasy
165th
9/3/2021 1:59pm Edited Date/Time 9/3/2021 2:02pm
I posted this in the other Matthes thread and in surprised nobody else is talking about it.

When they were first talking about the Hill controversy, I was thinking, "Hey, maybe everything I've heard about gypsy tales is overblown, this guy doesn't seem so bad." But when he started making his case that the content they put out doesnt have to be true or based on anything realistic, because it's just "entertainment", I got lost so hard. 100% against that type of "entertainment" with every fiber of my being, and in my opinion is why the world is the way it is today. Doesn't have to be true if you're "just asking questions".

To be fair, Matthes stuck his foot in his mouth earlier in the show when he confidently proclaimed that GL didnt test negative because he didn't take a covid test, so he deserves to be called out for that as well. (Let's not go down the GL vax rabbit hole in this thread though please)
wicksy85
Fantasy
1276th
9/3/2021 2:51pm
He has improved a lot over the years, yeah some people don't like his language but fuck mate that's how some Aussies talk, at least he isn't dropping cunts everywhere.

He is worth listening too as he covers more than Moto, he did one with an Aussie Senator that is mind blowing to hear how fucked it is down under here
9/3/2021 3:47pm
LungButter wrote:

The best he could come up with for his issue with Matthew was a 11-12 year old comment that most of the industry was thinking at the time, then goes on to defend Hoppers BS. Completely lost all credibility right there.
bens152
9/3/2021 3:55pm
He has really good guests, I just can’t stand listening to his check list of talking points - jiu jitsu, the podcast and how much time he puts into the podcast, reading a ‘fuck’ load of books, The ‘self’ and removing his ego, meditation, how much he loves technique (which brings us back to jiu jitsu).

Can literally check them all off every podcast and he just goes on and on and on. I feel like he talks about himself far more than we hear about the guests. I started fast forwarding when ever he speaks and it was crazy how long he goes on for before his guests get a word in.
orange_44
9/3/2021 4:34pm
bens152 wrote:
He has really good guests, I just can’t stand listening to his check list of talking points - jiu jitsu, the podcast and how much time...
He has really good guests, I just can’t stand listening to his check list of talking points - jiu jitsu, the podcast and how much time he puts into the podcast, reading a ‘fuck’ load of books, The ‘self’ and removing his ego, meditation, how much he loves technique (which brings us back to jiu jitsu).

Can literally check them all off every podcast and he just goes on and on and on. I feel like he talks about himself far more than we hear about the guests. I started fast forwarding when ever he speaks and it was crazy how long he goes on for before his guests get a word in.
He must’ve mentioned jiu jitsu on pulp a handful of time. Funny you mention that
felpro
9/3/2021 4:49pm Edited Date/Time 9/3/2021 4:51pm
Downunder wrote:
The best he could come up with for his issue with Matthew was a 11-12 year old comment that most of the industry was thinking at...
The best he could come up with for his issue with Matthew was a 11-12 year old comment that most of the industry was thinking at the time, then goes on to defend Hoppers BS. Completely lost all credibility right there.
Respectfully, I think you have that a little wrong. My reasonably informed opinion re the timeline follows.

There was an online "Beef" where Matthes made comments re people who don't go to races cannot make valid content regarding the races. Gypsy tales responded with a bad media critique and used Steve's Josh Hill comments as an example.

The discussion between Steve and Jason went straight into the "Beef" Well done on that. It was a better discussion than anyone could have hoped for. Jason responded to Steve's articulation of the reason for him feeling what he did.
Respectful back and forth ensue. It was all put on the table.

Good content that had me listen to pulp for the first time in ages and respect for both guys and Daniel Blair.

Nothing more to see here . . .
9/3/2021 6:25pm
Downunder wrote:
The best he could come up with for his issue with Matthew was a 11-12 year old comment that most of the industry was thinking at...
felpro wrote:
Respectfully, I think you have that a little wrong. My reasonably informed opinion re the timeline follows. There was an online "Beef" where Matthes made comments...
Respectfully, I think you have that a little wrong. My reasonably informed opinion re the timeline follows.

There was an online "Beef" where Matthes made comments re people who don't go to races cannot make valid content regarding the races. Gypsy tales responded with a bad media critique and used Steve's Josh Hill comments as an example.

The discussion between Steve and Jason went straight into the "Beef" Well done on that. It was a better discussion than anyone could have hoped for. Jason responded to Steve's articulation of the reason for him feeling what he did.
Respectful back and forth ensue. It was all put on the table.

Good content that had me listen to pulp for the first time in ages and respect for both guys and Daniel Blair.

Nothing more to see here . . .
I'm well aware of all of that and the reason for the beef. Still think Gypsy come across as a hypocrite.

Post a reply to: Gypsy Podcast Guy

The Latest