GuyB...offroad forum

Related:
Create New Tag

7/16/2009 12:56 PM
Edited Date/Time: 4/17/2016 12:56 AM

GuyB,

I noticed a post or two from H&H champ Destry Abbott, so how about you add H&H to the GNCC, WORC, Endurocross forum and move it up the page a bit (at least above the dumbgeon and non-moto) so it'll get a bit more attention?

|

7/16/2009 1:02 PM
Edited Date/Time: 7/16/2009 1:02 PM

Id like to see that also, Im an offroader myself.

|

"The public sucks. Fuck hope." ~ George Carlin

7/16/2009 1:03 PM

yep that would be alright

|

7/16/2009 1:28 PM

yea... What he said.

|

7/16/2009 2:11 PM

Under the race shop?

|

7/16/2009 2:39 PM

Or a new website?

I can see it now........

www.vitaloffroad.com

Online Offroad Community

Hhhmmmm

|

7/16/2009 2:43 PM

TEAM VOR VITAL OFFROAD RACING

|

7/16/2009 2:46 PM

I hate agreeing with Titan.wink

|

Larry Friday
[LINK TO IMAGE]

7/16/2009 4:21 PM

Larry wrote:

I hate agreeing with Titan.wink

Do I need to post some more pics of my kids or something???? laughing

|

7/16/2009 4:30 PM

Until Vital gets a bunch bigger, I'd actually vote to keep it in the "moto" section. As long as something's even mildly motorcycle related, it seems to work just fine.

Now if Vital explodes to 10X it's current posting membership, there will be no choice.

|

7/16/2009 4:34 PM

Matt Fisher wrote:

Until Vital gets a bunch bigger, I'd actually vote to keep it in the "moto" section. As long as something's even mildly ...more

Have you seen the users outside the forum? The member that never post. There are a Brazilian!

|

7/16/2009 4:56 PM
Edited Date/Time: 4/17/2016 12:57 AM

Got it...I'll look at a reorder soon.

I would expect that anyone would get that H&H (that's Hare & Hound, not Hart & Huntington) would fit into the current off-road forum. smile

Any other glaring omissions?

|

7/16/2009 5:05 PM

Did we ever get the moto chick/ girls of mx type forum thing going?

You asked..smile

|

7/16/2009 5:57 PM
Edited Date/Time: 7/16/2009 6:03 PM

i read the boards everyday too.... gotta keep up with all the new gossip... lol i vote for the off-road section! bb

.... actually, after looking, i never even noticed there was a off-road forum.. you gotta move it up the list.. its hiding way down there at the bottom...

|

Bobby Bonds #129

7/16/2009 7:04 PM

BB.... In the house.
|

7/16/2009 10:11 PM

I didn't realize there was an offroad section either, I just always check the moto-related section. Now that I know Bonds checks in, I can start talking trash about him smile No, you know I love you Bondo! See you in Washington!

|

Best Wishes,
Destry www.destryabbott.com

7/16/2009 11:11 PM
Edited Date/Time: 4/17/2016 12:57 AM

Destry wrote:

I didn't realize there was an offroad section either, I just always check the moto-related section. Now that I know Bonds ...more

now dez, you cant talk no trash about me when i post pics of my son with his destry abbott bear.. lol [LINK TO IMAGE]

|

Bobby Bonds #129

7/17/2009 7:45 AM

HAHA! You know I would never talk trash about you! He is a cute kid!

|

Best Wishes,

7/17/2009 8:13 AM

Racer92 wrote:

No way!

|

7/17/2009 9:02 AM

Matt Fisher wrote:

Until Vital gets a bunch bigger, I'd actually vote to keep it in the "moto" section. As long as something's even mildly ...more

Tiki wrote:

Have you seen the users outside the forum? The member that never post. There are a Brazilian!

Every board has way more "members" than posting members, that's why I mentioned "current posting membership". Do you really think there's a Brazilian members, that's a whole lot!!

Cripes, I never noticed the GNCC, WORCS, Endurocross section before Guy mentioned it. Duh.

|

7/17/2009 9:11 AM

thought you always said industry/racers shouldn't be on the boards?

|

7/17/2009 9:15 AM

txmxer wrote:

lol.. maybe he wants a separate forum to call offroad guys "dickheads" instead of in the "moto" sectionsmile

|

7/17/2009 9:29 AM

hurray yeppi yahooo offroad champs on board

|

7/17/2009 9:55 AM

txmxer wrote:

I do think that...but since they are going to post regardless of what I think (at their own loss-Larry Brooks, or gain-DV, SH and a few others that handle the boards well), I just thought it'd be cool if GuyB moved the offroad forum a bit closer to the top of the page so us offroad guys (and pro racers if they see fit to post) can have a specific forum, that gets a bit more attention, for race reports, ride reports, bike set up questions etc...

anyway, I've been thinking about it for a long time, but seeing Destry's posts reminded me give a shout out to GuyB about it.

(And so what if I was on the start line next to Destry Abbott at the Cherry Creek National back in May?....don't mean anything...sheesh. wink laughing But it sure would be nice to have a forum to post it in that will get some attention..ain't no fun braggin' about stuff that nobody sees.)

|

7/17/2009 12:53 PM

txmxer wrote:

Titan wrote:

I do think that...but since they are going to post regardless of what I think (at their own loss-Larry Brooks, or gain-DV, SH ...more

I know when to post and when not tosmile Trust me, there's been a lot of times I wanted to post something, but then decided it won't do any good. I would just get myself into trouble most of the time! I actually enjoy reading some topics when I have time though.

|

Best Wishes,

7/17/2009 1:11 PM

txmxer wrote:

Titan wrote:

I do think that...but since they are going to post regardless of what I think (at their own loss-Larry Brooks, or gain-DV, SH ...more

Destry wrote:

I know when to post and when not tosmile Trust me, there's been a lot of times I wanted to post something, but then decided it ...more

Hey, if you're going to post, it sounds like you're doing it right.

As for some explanation on why I don't think industry types should post on the boards:

I THINK it's best for industry people/riders to NOT post because I honestly think that the "downside" to posting on the message boards far out weighsthe "upside". And if you've read any of the "infamous" Larry Brooks threads you'll know exactly what I'm talking about. What started as a good intentioned "publicity" stunt on Larry's part, quickly turn into a whole bunch of negativity surrounding him...it completely backfired (unless you subcribe to that whole "any publicity is good publicity" thing...I'm not sure it applies to moto, though).

Anyway, best of luck..."see you" at Wendover, and Jericho/Cherry Creek in a few months-back to back nationals, crazy

|

7/17/2009 1:31 PM

If you are cringing when you press submit...probably good idea to hit the back button instead.

|

7/17/2009 4:35 PM

Tiki wrote:

If you are cringing when you press submit...probably good idea to hit the back button instead.

That's the truth...and I learned it the hard way...

And less is usually more when it comes to posting...you make less enemies that way....that's another thing I just haven't quite learned as well as I should have.

|

7/17/2009 7:57 PM

Racer92 wrote:

Crash82 wrote:

No way!

Yes way. Where else can you race with a camelbak fulla Sangria ?

[LINK TO IMAGE]

|

"The public sucks. Fuck hope." ~ George Carlin

7/17/2009 8:13 PM

ASH510 wrote:

TEAM VOR VITAL OFFROAD RACING

Team Harbor Freight just took off their jerseys and threw them down!

|