GuyB/ML512's 2018 Bikes of Supercross discussion

flatout111
Edited Date/Time 1/6/2018 12:04pm
Thanks, first of all, to GuyB and Michael Lindsey for getting some great shots of the 18 bikes of Supercross. Thought it would be fun to discuss the looks, likes/dislike and any cool things we see on the different bikes.

Sooo....a few that caught my eye...for better or worse.

ET3's Monster Energy Kawasaki KX450F - ummm...not a good looking machine. The giant claw, black shrouds and all those lines just make it unattractive, to me. Bring back the 97 Fro KX/SR look, please. This isn't good.

BB4's Rocky Mountain MC/ATV KTM Factory Edition 450SX-F - Not too bad. Even though I'm not a fan of the Rocky Mountain MC/ATV logo.

JB19's JGR Autotrader Factory Suzuki RMZ450 - Might be one of the best looking bikes in the pits this year. The powder blue accents look great with yellow magic. And this is coming from someone who bleeds orange.

BT20's Red Bull KTM Factory Edition 450SX-F - Very nice looking machine. Clean looking. I do wish they would return to the pumpkin look of orange and black and make the KTM logo more pronounced like it used to be, though. Personally, I like the white rear fender. Just kinda wish they would go orange with red/yellow of the red bull logo and stay away from blue. Still, one of the best looking bikes of 18!

JA21's Factory Husqvarna Rockstar Edition FC450 - I love Huskys. But the Rockstar theme look just doesn't do it for me. Not a fan. Though I love JA!

CR22's CR22 Husqvarna FC450 - I like. Clean. White and gray. Prefer it over the Rockstar ones. Though the old Red Bull Ice One GP Huskys put these all to shame.

JB51's Factory Monster Energy Knich Yamaha - The black shroud and claw mess up what could be a decent bike. A return to gold rims...Fro US Open Edge Yamaha bike..would be sweet. Or better yet, silver. Still fat looking bike in the shroud area.

DT90's Tedder Racing KTM - Not bad. Orange, red and silver. Good combo!

KR94's Factory HRC Honda CRF450R - I'm not a huge fan of Honda's but adding a blue seat to this baby would make me one. As it stands, too much red. Still, clean looking. Really wish they would ditch the huge CRF and go back to the wings or just a Honda logo.

JH100's Nut Up Suzuki RMZ450 - The Suzuki's just look darn good. Matthes would be proud. RMArmy. Very clean, good looking machine. Hanny..one of my favorite's for sure. His machines and gear always look on point and he's just a bad ass.

|
1/6/2018 1:32am
Tomac must be pissed about his lack of electric start costing him the championship last year. Dont think he is bothered by stickers though.
kevin204
Fantasy
2865th
1/6/2018 1:39am
It's starting to look weird seeing a kickstarter on a factory race bike. Woohoo
Tumic
1/6/2018 1:43am
Tomac must be pissed about his lack of electric start costing him the championship last year. Dont think he is bothered by stickers though.
Or was it his mistakes that cost him the championship?..
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3730th
1/6/2018 1:48am Edited Date/Time 1/6/2018 1:58am
They weren't pictured but in my opinion one of the best looking bike in the pits if not the best looking bike are the HEP Motorsports Suzuki's.

The Shop

chump6784
1/6/2018 2:07am
I miss the older style of the radiator shroud graphics running into the seat cover. Tomac's bike kind of does it but not the whole thing. Now the graphics just run to a solid colour seat
1/6/2018 2:39am
Some fair points there to the OP. I get that not a lot of people like the claw, but love or hate it, at least they are tipping money in to multiple teams and that goes for all the energy drinks. And we all have to admit the love for those late 90's factory bikes they were so cool but that goes hand in hand with the requirement for outside sponsors in the momdern day which means the bikes are going to have a lot of stuff on them. And those HEP Zooks look amazing so well done to that team!
tek14
1/6/2018 2:44am
flatout111 wrote:
Thanks, first of all, to GuyB and Michael Lindsey for getting some great shots of the 18 bikes of Supercross. Thought it would be fun to...
Thanks, first of all, to GuyB and Michael Lindsey for getting some great shots of the 18 bikes of Supercross. Thought it would be fun to discuss the looks, likes/dislike and any cool things we see on the different bikes.

Sooo....a few that caught my eye...for better or worse.

ET3's Monster Energy Kawasaki KX450F - ummm...not a good looking machine. The giant claw, black shrouds and all those lines just make it unattractive, to me. Bring back the 97 Fro KX/SR look, please. This isn't good.

BB4's Rocky Mountain MC/ATV KTM Factory Edition 450SX-F - Not too bad. Even though I'm not a fan of the Rocky Mountain MC/ATV logo.

JB19's JGR Autotrader Factory Suzuki RMZ450 - Might be one of the best looking bikes in the pits this year. The powder blue accents look great with yellow magic. And this is coming from someone who bleeds orange.

BT20's Red Bull KTM Factory Edition 450SX-F - Very nice looking machine. Clean looking. I do wish they would return to the pumpkin look of orange and black and make the KTM logo more pronounced like it used to be, though. Personally, I like the white rear fender. Just kinda wish they would go orange with red/yellow of the red bull logo and stay away from blue. Still, one of the best looking bikes of 18!

JA21's Factory Husqvarna Rockstar Edition FC450 - I love Huskys. But the Rockstar theme look just doesn't do it for me. Not a fan. Though I love JA!

CR22's CR22 Husqvarna FC450 - I like. Clean. White and gray. Prefer it over the Rockstar ones. Though the old Red Bull Ice One GP Huskys put these all to shame.

JB51's Factory Monster Energy Knich Yamaha - The black shroud and claw mess up what could be a decent bike. A return to gold rims...Fro US Open Edge Yamaha bike..would be sweet. Or better yet, silver. Still fat looking bike in the shroud area.

DT90's Tedder Racing KTM - Not bad. Orange, red and silver. Good combo!

KR94's Factory HRC Honda CRF450R - I'm not a huge fan of Honda's but adding a blue seat to this baby would make me one. As it stands, too much red. Still, clean looking. Really wish they would ditch the huge CRF and go back to the wings or just a Honda logo.

JH100's Nut Up Suzuki RMZ450 - The Suzuki's just look darn good. Matthes would be proud. RMArmy. Very clean, good looking machine. Hanny..one of my favorite's for sure. His machines and gear always look on point and he's just a bad ass.

You could have just shorted it up.. you like 80´ style and hate anything new along sponsor logos?
Jmicmoto13
1/6/2018 2:58am
Observations:

1.) Glad to see the KTM snorkel exhausts have been shortened via FMF and Akrapovic. The stubby can looks so much better.

2.) would love to hear why the factory Yamaha guys are running stock cast clamps. Just went through the RacerX press day photos and CW2 and JB51 have the stock cast clamps on.
HenryA
1/6/2018 4:24am
The Geico bikes looks like shit compared to last years. Unsure
lumpy790
1/6/2018 5:40am
Noticed this shock spring and thought it was bad assed!
Had a lot of deliveries for A1 so Several of these bikes will get Moto Hose by next weeks TX round.

flatout111
1/6/2018 6:42am
-MAVERICK- wrote:
They weren't pictured but in my opinion one of the best looking bike in the pits if not the best looking bike are the HEP Motorsports...
They weren't pictured but in my opinion one of the best looking bike in the pits if not the best looking bike are the HEP Motorsports Suzuki's.

I totally agree. That is near perfection!! Thanks, Maverick.
flatout111
1/6/2018 6:45am
chump6784 wrote:
I miss the older style of the radiator shroud graphics running into the seat cover. Tomac's bike kind of does it but not the whole thing...
I miss the older style of the radiator shroud graphics running into the seat cover. Tomac's bike kind of does it but not the whole thing. Now the graphics just run to a solid colour seat
Agreed. Like this classic. Shroud/seat graphics are super sweet.

1/6/2018 7:08am
chump6784 wrote:
I miss the older style of the radiator shroud graphics running into the seat cover. Tomac's bike kind of does it but not the whole thing...
flatout111 wrote:
Agreed. Like this classic. Shroud/seat graphics are super sweet. [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2018/01/06/236376/s1200_DSC4760_750x499.jpg[/img]
Agreed. Like this classic. Shroud/seat graphics are super sweet.

Not trying to shit on you but I think that naming any model "classic" is a bit weird because these bikes change styles every gen and their were many bikes before the KX 98? I had a KX80 98 it looked the same, I loved that bike and it's looks.

These days in my opinion especially the factory bikes look worse off as their sponsors take over any the whole scheme, the monster logo in particular is horrible it ruins any sort of flow, the better looking bikes are the privateers.
Pirate421
1/6/2018 7:17am
Personally I’d like to see some silver rims out there. Clean looking
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3730th
1/6/2018 7:47am
Can any of you photoshop guru's put some yellow wheels on the HEP Motorsports Suzuki's? Thanks.

Yellow wheels and blue hubs and it would be perfection.
mattyhamz2
Fantasy
767th
1/6/2018 7:53am
-MAVERICK- wrote:
They weren't pictured but in my opinion one of the best looking bike in the pits if not the best looking bike are the HEP Motorsports...

These and hanny’s team are by far the best looking Suzuki’s! Just can’t decide which one I like better
Donovan759
1/6/2018 7:55am
-MAVERICK- wrote:
Can any of you photoshop guru's put some yellow wheels on the HEP Motorsports Suzuki's? Thanks.

Completely agree. I'm a sucker for stuff like that though.

I love the look of those bikes. Definitely the nicest bikes in the pits this year.
1/6/2018 7:56am
-MAVERICK- wrote:

flatout111 wrote:
I totally agree. That is near perfection!! Thanks, Maverick.
In the words of Paris Hilton...Dam...thats hot
AZRider
1/6/2018 8:09am Edited Date/Time 1/6/2018 8:10am
I love the look of Reeds bike, but a Suzuki with yellow rims and blue hubs always looks amazing to me. Maybe Im still a Suzuki guy at heart. The JGR bikes look great. The Makita Suzukis of 08/09 were some of the best looking "Modern" bikes in my opinion with sponsor logos etc. To me they just all worked together. Could have used a colored wheel hub though.

flatout111
1/6/2018 8:25am
-MAVERICK- wrote:

Actually I personally prefer the black. I'm not a fan of yellow wheels. Gold, however, I like. But I get what you're saying.
flatout111
1/6/2018 8:27am
Pirate421 wrote:
Yamahas look much better with silver. I like silver rims, too.
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3730th
1/6/2018 8:30am
Pirate421 wrote:
flatout111 wrote:
Silver rims and blue hubs on Yamaha's look awesome.
flatout111
1/6/2018 8:31am
AZRider wrote:
I love the look of Reeds bike, but a Suzuki with yellow rims and blue hubs always looks amazing to me. Maybe Im still a Suzuki...
I love the look of Reeds bike, but a Suzuki with yellow rims and blue hubs always looks amazing to me. Maybe Im still a Suzuki guy at heart. The JGR bikes look great. The Makita Suzukis of 08/09 were some of the best looking "Modern" bikes in my opinion with sponsor logos etc. To me they just all worked together. Could have used a colored wheel hub though.

More than any other bikes, the red plates just work on Suzukis.
flatout111
1/6/2018 8:32am
Pirate421 wrote:
flatout111 wrote:
-MAVERICK- wrote:
Agreed!
ob
1/6/2018 8:48am
Tomacs bike is fuuuuuugly. All those Zukis look pretty good.
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3730th
1/6/2018 8:56am
flatout111 wrote:
-MAVERICK- wrote:
flatout111 wrote:
Agreed!
And Honda needs to bring back the silver rims and red hubs. That combo to me always looked more factory.
JohnnyT_983
1/6/2018 9:06am
When did Monster sign with star racing? I’m sure it may have had something to do with the tie to the premier team, but in my opinion I just liked the idea of “star racing” and “Rock Star” going together.
JohnnyT_983
1/6/2018 9:06am
AZRider wrote:
I love the look of Reeds bike, but a Suzuki with yellow rims and blue hubs always looks amazing to me. Maybe Im still a Suzuki...

I second this statement about the 08/09 bikes for zook.
brocster
1/6/2018 9:32am
NOTE to all Yamaha teams. Powdercoat, anodize or wrap the sub frame spars black! Those weird angles wreak havoc on design composition.
flatout111
1/6/2018 9:32am
-MAVERICK- wrote:

Upon retrospection, I agree. These HEP Suzukis are far and away the best looking machines I've seen thus far for this year. Man, they are beauties.

Post a reply to: GuyB/ML512's 2018 Bikes of Supercross discussion

The Latest