GuyB Censorship?

Edited Date/Time 1/27/2012 12:37pm
GuyB,
I don't understand why East Florida's post was moved.
He kept it respectful from the get go.
Before I make any assumptions about your motivation, I would like to ask you why?
|
8/11/2011 6:38pm
GuyB, I don't understand why East Florida's post was moved. He kept it respectful from the get go. Before I make any assumptions about your motivation...
GuyB,
Before I make any assumptions about your motivation, I would like to ask you why?
Then you should have emailed him in private.
pitbike502
8/11/2011 6:38pm
because he owns this establishment and he decides what flies or crashes.
500guy
8/11/2011 6:43pm
Maybe it's because East Florida doesn't get it and kept bumping it up to the top.

it's a ridiculous topic that gets drug up by some 2 stroke Taliban crusader every other day.
500guy
8/11/2011 6:44pm
And this isn't some right to free speech deal either, it's a Privately owned Forum, East Florida or anyone else can feel free to start their own Private Board and discuss however they want.

The Shop

EastFlorida
8/11/2011 6:53pm Edited Date/Time 8/11/2011 7:00pm
500guy wrote:
Maybe it's because East Florida doesn't get it and kept bumping it up to the top. it's a ridiculous topic that gets drug up by some...
Maybe it's because East Florida doesn't get it and kept bumping it up to the top.

it's a ridiculous topic that gets drug up by some 2 stroke Taliban crusader every other day.
500guy,

I don't think you are being fair to say I bumped it to the top. Please be fair in this observation and see that others were posting when I couldn't.

Simply because you may not like my topic or position, doesn't mean it is fair to misrepresent my motives.

You could simply not choose to participate, as others did, rather than attempt to hijack the thread. You've been forthright in the past and I ask for the same courtesy.

Thanks
Highsider
8/11/2011 7:14pm
Two strokes are dead...RIP 2-strokes!

Long live dual overhead cams!
EastFlorida
8/11/2011 7:18pm Edited Date/Time 8/11/2011 7:20pm
500guy wrote:
And this isn't some right to free speech deal either, it's a Privately owned Forum, East Florida or anyone else can feel free to start their...
And this isn't some right to free speech deal either, it's a Privately owned Forum, East Florida or anyone else can feel free to start their own Private Board and discuss however they want.
500guy,

You are 100% correct. This is GuyB's forum and he can choose to do with it as he pleases.

I must say however, I've always respected this site and have been pleased with the degree of openness permitted on here.

I can say I would move many more posts to the dumbdgeon earlier than GuyB does based on racism, cursing and name calling.

Overall, I think GuyB does a very good job of allowing those posting to express their positions as well as counterpositions.

I struggle with the fact some people only attack rather than replying with a position based on facts rather than emotions.

Simply review the reply above this one...

Thanks
jeffro503
8/11/2011 7:26pm
I personally didn't see anything wrong with that thread. It wasn't 1/2 as bad as some of the other bullshit that gets posted here and drought out.
WhipMeister
Fantasy
4408th
8/11/2011 7:39pm
Censorship? You must have mistaken this for a newspaper or TV station.
Void Main
8/11/2011 7:51pm
I can't wait for the fucking jet powered Yamaha. Nothin' sweeter than a little gas turbine action!
500guy
8/11/2011 8:19pm Edited Date/Time 8/11/2011 8:19pm
500guy wrote:
And this isn't some right to free speech deal either, it's a Privately owned Forum, East Florida or anyone else can feel free to start their...
500guy, You are 100% correct. This is GuyB's forum and he can choose to do with it as he pleases. I must say however, I've always...
500guy,

You are 100% correct. This is GuyB's forum and he can choose to do with it as he pleases.

I must say however, I've always respected this site and have been pleased with the degree of openness permitted on here.

I can say I would move many more posts to the dumbdgeon earlier than GuyB does based on racism, cursing and name calling.

Overall, I think GuyB does a very good job of allowing those posting to express their positions as well as counterpositions.

I struggle with the fact some people only attack rather than replying with a position based on facts rather than emotions.

Simply review the reply above this one...

Thanks
I don't reply with a position because I don't have one. I will ride what they decide to make.

My only position is you were told several different times why and you simply won't accept it.

I'm thinking you possibly could be a little slow or something.
Sherwood
8/11/2011 8:21pm
Sometimes threads with some substance get deleted pretty fast, while others with nothing but garbage stick around. I always have figured that a mod/admin was having a bad day or more easily agitated.
Overdrive
8/11/2011 8:26pm
Not that it matters, another thread about the same subject will pop up in a few days anyway. In fact I am sure that you can look at the first page and see new 2 stroke threads already.......
EastFlorida
8/11/2011 8:49pm Edited Date/Time 8/11/2011 8:50pm
500guy wrote:
I don't reply with a position because I don't have one. I will ride what they decide to make. My only position is you were told...
I don't reply with a position because I don't have one. I will ride what they decide to make.

My only position is you were told several different times why and you simply won't accept it.

I'm thinking you possibly could be a little slow or something.
500guy,

Yeah, maybe I am a little slow.

I guess I can't read between the lines too well. I ask for facts to support a given position but I don't get them. Being slow, I need facts rather than potentially unsupported perceptions.

I ask "who" and I'm told to find out for myself - so I'm working on it. Since I'm slow, it make take a little time but I'll get back with my findings.

Why degrade a person for having a different opinion? Why hijack if you don't have a position? What is your goal other than to divert the intent of the thread?

You are free to abstain from contributing to threads you disagree with, have no opinion on or find no interests in.

When is your next TV show? Those were funny...

Thanks
8/11/2011 9:59pm
500guy, Yeah, maybe I am a little slow. I guess I can't read between the lines too well. I ask for facts to support a given...
500guy,

I guess I can't read between the lines too well. I ask for facts to support a given position but I don't get them. Being slow, I need facts rather than potentially unsupported perceptions.

I ask "who" and I'm told to find out for myself - so I'm working on it. Since I'm slow, it make take a little time but I'll get back with my findings.

Why degrade a person for having a different opinion? Why hijack if you don't have a position? What is your goal other than to divert the intent of the thread?

You are free to abstain from contributing to threads you disagree with, have no opinion on or find no interests in.

Thanks
Get used to the Censorship and get used to four strokes. Such is life dude.
EastFlorida
8/12/2011 6:58pm
So, what do we do now?

Ensure we don't step on any toes?
4mxonly
8/12/2011 7:05pm
I feel like there is one statement that can answer every inquiry about fairness that has ever surfaced on this forum... and that statement is this: Opinions are like assholes, everyone has one and they all stink.
The Rock
8/12/2011 10:56pm
I just hope carlosmacho doesn't find out about this.
LewDizzle
8/12/2011 11:47pm
So, what do we do now?

Unfortunately yes. ^^Good post
nytsmaC
8/12/2011 11:48pm
So, what do we do now?

What you do is STFU or start your own fucking forum. What you don't do is complain about the free service you enjoy here.
aztecmx
8/13/2011 12:17am
GuyB, I don't understand why East Florida's post was moved. He kept it respectful from the get go. Before I make any assumptions about your motivation...
GuyB,
Two things: DC has earned respect. he will be granted it. No problems here.
Second, it is a valid topic regarding a very uncomfortable subject, GuyB has no real choice.
Move on.
GuyB
Fantasy
988th
8/13/2011 4:26am
So, what do we do now?

What's this we stuff?
typ2vw159
8/13/2011 7:45am
500guy, Yeah, maybe I am a little slow. I guess I can't read between the lines too well. I ask for facts to support a given...
500guy,

Thanks
Get used to the Censorship and get used to four strokes. Such is life dude.
500guy when was the last time you rode and raced a 500?(calling people slow i got a 500 cr ready to go for you and i will pay your entery fees ) ( WHAT YOU GOT PAPA DOC!)
MaXSM every body know you got to go to STEVE COX for what REALLY HAPPEN AT VITAL,LOLLaughingLaughingLaughing
TerryK
8/13/2011 8:20am
Thread drama, always entertaining.

And what makes you think it was GuyB that moved it?

Post a reply to: GuyB Censorship?

The Latest