Guy builds 'Ultralight Cr500af' sub ~200lbs!

Related:
Create New Tag

8/5/2020 6:51 PM

Dont know where his build thread is outside of instagram

https://www.instagram.com/ah2stroke/

|

"If you feel in control, you're not going fast enough" ~Mario Andretti

8/5/2020 6:56 PM

I dig it.

|

8/6/2020 7:28 AM

I'm surprised he's running billet clamps. I always heard stock cast triple clamps were actually lighter than billet machined aftermarket units.

I always wondered about running ceramic wheel bearings. Wasn't sure how they handled impact loads.

|

8/6/2020 3:19 PM

We built a lightweight SXV450 Aprilia, ceramic bearings all through, they stood up to flat landing on tarmac ok..

|

8/6/2020 3:23 PM

Because the world needs a sub-200-pound CR500.

Make sure that health insurance is paid up. wink

|

8/6/2020 4:46 PM

GuyB wrote:

Because the world needs a sub-200-pound CR500.

Make sure that health insurance is paid up. wink

Oh, no. That ain't gonna happen. He's still making payments on the Ti bolts.

laughing

|

I ripped a start from Egypt and I was happy about that.

8/6/2020 4:52 PM

Stop posing IG. I am not signing up to see content. Spend an extra minute to upload it here FFS/

|

8/6/2020 4:54 PM

Seriously. Permaban anyone that posts links for anything that wants you to log in. It's not 2005 anymore.

|

8/6/2020 8:01 PM

Color me skeptical about the scale...

|

2015 Beta 500 RS, history: 99 KTM 300, 87 CR250, 84 KLR 600, 82 GPZ 550, 81 KX 250, 80 KX 250, 79 Montesa 414 VE, 78 250 VB, 77 360 VB, 76 360 VA, 75 YZ 125, 74 TM 125, 72 TS 125, 60's West Bend Go Boy Kart

8/6/2020 8:06 PM

198 dry weight. That is a heavy, expensive garage trophy!

|

8/7/2020 1:42 AM

Photo
|

- Filthy Euro
- Silly prankster
- Life-long Zook fan
- Rooting for all privateers on this rotating ball of carbon, hydrogen, silicon and poop

8/7/2020 9:27 AM

VetMX.com wrote:

Stop posing IG. I am not signing up to see content. Spend an extra minute to upload it here FFS/

No shit.

|

8/7/2020 9:47 AM

VetMX.com wrote:

Stop posing IG. I am not signing up to see content. Spend an extra minute to upload it here FFS/

Looby321 wrote:

No shit.

The OP literally only linked an IG account; I have one and am not logged in but am able to see the content.
Maybe you can actually try clicking before complaining next time.

|

If it can't be fixed with a hammer, it's an electrical problem.

8/7/2020 10:11 AM


I am absolutely in love with this build.
|

8/7/2020 10:19 AM

Sick build!

|

Not much to say to Vitards.

8/7/2020 10:22 AM

Thanks for linking this. Im definitely gonna follow that along. I am so jealous of the people who can afford to do this for fun.

I have always wanted to.

|

8/7/2020 3:07 PM

mx_563 wrote:

I'm surprised he's running billet clamps. I always heard stock cast triple clamps were actually lighter than billet machined aftermarket units.

I always wondered about running ceramic wheel bearings. Wasn't sure how they handled impact loads.

Depends on who makes the clamps!

|

Billy Wight
Luxon MX
@LuxonMX
https://luxonmx.com
Motocross Components Engineered for Performance

8/7/2020 3:43 PM





Here you go complaining boomers, you're welcome.
|

8/7/2020 5:18 PM

...this reminds me of an article I read where some computer researcher spent over 18 months getting windows 95 to run on an iPad.

You have to ask yourself why the fuck someone would waste so much time and money on stupid shit...

|

8/7/2020 5:28 PM

Brent wrote:

...this reminds me of an article I read where some computer researcher spent over 18 months getting windows 95 to run on an iPad.

You have to ask yourself why the fuck someone would waste so much time and money on stupid shit...

Because they can grin

Also because some people like a challenge.

|

"Sorry Goose, but it's time to buzz the tower."

8/7/2020 7:26 PM

VetMX.com wrote:

Stop posing IG. I am not signing up to see content. Spend an extra minute to upload it here FFS/

Anytime I see a link posted, I always immediately scroll looking for Mav's avatar because he usually does it right. He's spoiled me. laughing

|

2018 CRF250R

8/7/2020 9:36 PM

VetMX.com wrote:

Stop posing IG. I am not signing up to see content. Spend an extra minute to upload it here FFS/

feelit2morrow wrote:

Anytime I see a link posted, I always immediately scroll looking for Mav's avatar because he usually does it right. He's spoiled me. laughing

grin Well, OP's link is to the guy's entire profile/page so you can't embed those, only single posts.
|

"Sorry Goose, but it's time to buzz the tower."

8/7/2020 11:44 PM
Edited Date/Time: 8/8/2020 1:54 AM

Brent wrote:

...this reminds me of an article I read where some computer researcher spent over 18 months getting windows 95 to run on an iPad.

You have to ask yourself why the fuck someone would waste so much time and money on stupid shit...

What a boring life you must lead if you take this stance.

Good on the guy for making the bike weigh less than 200lb. If you have the time, passion and funds then why the hell not?!

|

8/7/2020 11:48 PM

VetMX.com wrote:

Stop posing IG. I am not signing up to see content. Spend an extra minute to upload it here FFS/

Looby321 wrote:

No shit.

SeaClassExpert wrote:

The OP literally only linked an IG account; I have one and am not logged in but am able to see the content.
Maybe you can actually try clicking before complaining next time.

I don't have IG but was able to view the pics for a limited time before a pop-up appeared saying I need to login or sign-up in order to continue viewing.

|

Non Gratum Anus Rodentum

8/8/2020 12:19 AM

Just imagine someone could make light Honda 4-stroke bike..

|

8/8/2020 1:55 AM

Looby321 wrote:

No shit.

SeaClassExpert wrote:

The OP literally only linked an IG account; I have one and am not logged in but am able to see the content.
Maybe you can actually try clicking before complaining next time.

Boomslang wrote:

I don't have IG but was able to view the pics for a limited time before a pop-up appeared saying I need to login or sign-up in order to continue viewing.

You can refresh the page to get rid of that message, but it only works so far down their timeline thing.

|

8/8/2020 1:58 AM

For those people who want to see all the pics, I used this site/link to see what the guy posted. Just type ah2stroke into the search username box and away you go.

https://www.storyinsta.com/search/userSearch

|

8/8/2020 5:24 AM

.kyle wrote:

For those people who want to see all the pics, I used this site/link to see what the guy posted. Just type ah2stroke into the search username box and away you go.

https://www.storyinsta.com/search/userSearch

Now blocked.

|

If the glass is half full it's twice as big as it needs to be.