Guy Cooper- Whisky Throttle show.

Love Coop!
I was lucky to get my first RM80 in 1991,at 11 years old, all of a sudden Guy Cooper was my favourite rider!
Super WT show this one, his cheerfulness and energy is great!

One point of interest though:

The Coombes family- wow! is this true? I’ve not read anything regarding any of that before. Dc seems to be held in high regard around these parts, as a kind of saviour to the sport- completely the opposite to what I read about Giuseppe Luongo. What’s all this with what Coop was talking about? Is it the unspoken word of American Mx?
|
ATKpilot99
10/31/2020 3:40pm
Could you paraphrase what was said about the Coombs family ? I have a difficult time sitting through 3 or 4 hr. interviews.
mxmaniac
10/31/2020 6:58pm
The show was great, Coop is a ripper. Brian Lunis obviously isnt on his xmas card list hahaha
fanger
11/1/2020 12:48am
ATKpilot99 wrote:
Could you paraphrase what was said about the Coombs family ? I have a difficult time sitting through 3 or 4 hr. interviews.
From memory cooper set up a mx facility and wanted to apply to hold a national, he went through ama instead of the Coombs family first and they pretty much told him it'll never happen and they cracked the shits with him over him.
WCRider
Fantasy
2301st
11/1/2020 1:09am Edited Date/Time 11/1/2020 1:09am
He was a bit a precursor of freestyle MX in my opinion. Good memories with him at Bercy on his Suz 250. Araï Helmet, UFO Gear and Sidi boots if I remember correctly. Guy Cooper was showtime.

The Shop

Kronan
11/1/2020 1:17am
WCRider wrote:
He was a bit a precursor of freestyle MX in my opinion. Good memories with him at Bercy on his Suz 250. Araï Helmet, UFO Gear...
He was a bit a precursor of freestyle MX in my opinion. Good memories with him at Bercy on his Suz 250. Araï Helmet, UFO Gear and Sidi boots if I remember correctly. Guy Cooper was showtime.
Cooper was the man that did the best whips at Globen supercross around 91-21. Unbelievable🏆
zookrider62!
Fantasy
583rd
11/1/2020 3:34am
ATKpilot99 wrote:
Been awhile since I listened to the show, but from what I remember

Coops family wanted to run a National at their track. Talked with the AMA to see what was needed to get it done. Made all the updates required and then went to the Coombs. Coombs were mad that they went to the AMA instead of them and basically said you will never have a National at your place.
Snapper
11/1/2020 4:00am
ATKpilot99 wrote:
Been awhile since I listened to the show, but from what I remember Coops family wanted to run a National at their track. Talked with the...
Been awhile since I listened to the show, but from what I remember

Coops family wanted to run a National at their track. Talked with the AMA to see what was needed to get it done. Made all the updates required and then went to the Coombs. Coombs were mad that they went to the AMA instead of them and basically said you will never have a National at your place.
If that's true, what a shame. It's not like they went to the AMA trying to take over the series.
dpingree101
11/2/2020 10:05pm
It's too bad he wasn't given a chance to run a national... Coop is more passionate about racing than anybody and he knows how to build a bad ass track and facility.
scott_nz
Fantasy
840th
11/2/2020 10:17pm
Snapper wrote:
If that's true, what a shame. It's not like they went to the AMA trying to take over the series.
i think that at best this is one side of the story,

it seems from the outside most tracks seem to sell off there national (except glen helan who cant come to an agreement), rather than it being taken away, if Cooperland got one, someone else had to lose one,

the track did always look cool from the videos and photos
Deja New
11/3/2020 2:40am
WCRider wrote:
He was a bit a precursor of freestyle MX in my opinion. Good memories with him at Bercy on his Suz 250. Araï Helmet, UFO Gear...
Close but no cigar.... he was know as Guy “ Air Time” Cooper. Show time is MC.
Cooper did massive jumps on BMX or Moto, real legend....

Post a reply to: Guy Cooper- Whisky Throttle show.

The Latest