Guy Cooper , American Pickers

mag250
Edited Date/Time 8/3/2018 5:22pm
New season ?
|
GregDVT
6/11/2018 7:34pm
Are you saying that they are going to pick through his stuff? I'd watch that for sure.

The Shop

NorCal 50+
6/11/2018 7:51pm
This would be like someone saying- "hey, you want to drink a great glass of wine while enjoying the finest doobie in the world?"
Let me think about that for a second. Collision of worlds.
mx_563
6/11/2018 9:37pm
So far, no mention of Guy's motocross credentials.
vetmxr
6/19/2018 5:51pm
He was on there for half the show talking and showing them stuff from their bicycle shop in Oklahoma........ not one time was it ever mentioned who or what he was and has accomplished.....

If I didn't know any better.........I'd swear that those two idiots had absolutely no idea who they were talking to......Guy never mentioned anything motocross other than he explained that an old bike he had sitting around was his vintage motocross racer.....that was it. bicycle stuff only. I couldn't believe not one thing was said at all.
avidchimp
Fantasy
1182nd
6/19/2018 6:35pm Edited Date/Time 6/19/2018 6:36pm
vetmxr wrote:
He was on there for half the show talking and showing them stuff from their bicycle shop in Oklahoma........ not one time was it ever mentioned...
He was on there for half the show talking and showing them stuff from their bicycle shop in Oklahoma........ not one time was it ever mentioned who or what he was and has accomplished.....

If I didn't know any better.........I'd swear that those two idiots had absolutely no idea who they were talking to......Guy never mentioned anything motocross other than he explained that an old bike he had sitting around was his vintage motocross racer.....that was it. bicycle stuff only. I couldn't believe not one thing was said at all.
Before you go calling those guys "idiots" maybe consider the fact that Guy Cooper most likely (hint hint) didn't want anything about his past accomplishments mentioned during the episode.

It was more about sharing his parents legacy than his own.
lostboy819
Fantasy
1442nd
6/19/2018 6:40pm Edited Date/Time 6/19/2018 6:44pm
vetmxr wrote:
He was on there for half the show talking and showing them stuff from their bicycle shop in Oklahoma........ not one time was it ever mentioned...

avidchimp wrote:
Before you go calling those guys "idiots" maybe consider the fact that Guy Cooper most likely (hint hint) didn't want anything about his past accomplishments mentioned...
Before you go calling those guys "idiots" maybe consider the fact that Guy Cooper most likely (hint hint) didn't want anything about his past accomplishments mentioned during the episode.

BINGO !!! He also did a ride his parents did when they got married and did it on restored Indians like his parents had. Only had one break down and it was at the very end of the trip, I think it was a battery. Believe me Frank and Mike know what Cooper has done on a MX bike. They also did a pick of Flat tracker Geo Roeder's familys Harley racer collection.
JustMX
6/20/2018 6:12am
vetmxr wrote:

avidchimp wrote:
Before you go calling those guys "idiots" maybe consider the fact that Guy Cooper most likely (hint hint) didn't want anything about his past accomplishments mentioned...

Cooper always came across as that kind of guy....

It was a cool episode.
6/20/2018 7:14am
These shows are also very much pre-planned. I don't want to say they're fake because I believe the negotiating is legitimate, but you don't just get a camera inside the house BEFORE guys approach a random house. If you notice with a lot of these shows, many times there's a low key famous person that 98% of viewers won't recognize on the opposite side. Cooper, the flat track guy mentioned above, the lead singer of A Day To Remember was on Pawn Stars and i'm sure there's tons of other examples of this. They're portrayed as random people but they're absolutely networked to be on the show on purpose.
lostboy819
Fantasy
1442nd
6/20/2018 5:31pm
Here are the bikes he restored and recreated the ride his parents did on their honeymoon.

vetmxr
6/20/2018 6:25pm
vetmxr wrote:

avidchimp wrote:

JustMX wrote:
Cooper always came across as that kind of guy....

It was a cool episode.
good point.......... makes sense.
6/22/2018 6:21am
Guy is as genuine as they come about his passions and never was one to let his success in racing go to his head.
LungButter
8/3/2018 5:02pm
vetmxr wrote:

Did you watch for 30 more seconds after they showed the vintage bike?

They did an overview of his career...
ruy
8/3/2018 5:22pm
Air Time rules

Post a reply to: Guy Cooper , American Pickers

The Latest