Gutted

MxKing809
Fantasy
334th
Edited Date/Time 8/18/2014 8:00am
Man, I just feel so gutted about this weekend. I like Roczen and Dungey both but when it came between the two I found myself leaning towards the Dunge. So to have him chip away at this large points lead, only to have his exciting run squashed by a shitty mud race really sucks. Can you guys imagine if it was dry and there were maybe only 4 point between the two of them?

Now with 20 it's practically over. Total bummer for the fans and Dungey, he had a great run and made it interesting..... Damn mud!!!
|
Crush
8/17/2014 6:35am
Agree, but as much as anything next week will be a snooze fest.

Hope I'm wrong but I really wanted a close chase to the end.
8/17/2014 6:41am
I was also rooting for Dungey. Roczen took more chances yesterday and it paid off. Mud is part of the sport. It was a great series this year for KTM.
ATKpilot99
8/17/2014 6:43am
Roczen rose to the occasion in adverse conditions. Been awhile since there was a mud race in this series and I thought it was pretty cool.
toomey706
8/17/2014 6:46am
Everyone is on the same track, mud, dry, snow, ect... it all comes down to fate sometimes. It ain't over till its over, ever, both will show up and one will win. Ask Langston in 01, Pourcel in 11,(10 maybe) you have to finish, and in Langston's case, a wheel falling apart was not up to him. Things change in a second and Roczen, from what I've seen he has really struggled under pressure, but he doesn't break. Its been a good outdoor season though.

The Shop

reded
8/17/2014 6:59am
I'm just happy to see KTM slap the japs in the face no matter who's riding them. It's been a great year for KROC and Dungey, I'll be happy for whichever one wins the title, they've both earned it.

I hope that the move next year doesn't hurt Kennys career. It seems he gets along with the KTM quite well, just hope he gels with the Zook as well.
captmoto
8/17/2014 7:10am
It seems that the difference is Dungeys ability to start in the mud. He did alright and with Roczens tip overs in the 2nd moto, it might have been a wash. Dungey seemed faster on a wetter track in the first moto,
Sunhouse
8/17/2014 7:13am
Dungey has been consistent as usual, but I´ve been rooting for Roczen all the way. When I saw it was going to be a mudder I knew Roczen would win the race. He´ll be confident going to the SX race in Utah, which should be enough to clinch it.
Idaho747
8/17/2014 7:38am
Why is everyone so upset about it being a mudder and saying it that it totally changed the championship. Mud is part of motocross. Mud didn't lose the race for dungey. He had just as much of a shot to win it as roczen did. Everyone had to race the same track. I'm not trying to be a dick or anything I just don't get it.
8/17/2014 7:48am
Idaho747 wrote:
Why is everyone so upset about it being a mudder and saying it that it totally changed the championship. Mud is part of motocross. Mud didn't...
Why is everyone so upset about it being a mudder and saying it that it totally changed the championship. Mud is part of motocross. Mud didn't lose the race for dungey. He had just as much of a shot to win it as roczen did. Everyone had to race the same track. I'm not trying to be a dick or anything I just don't get it.
Agreed. Kroc came through yesterday - bottom line. It has been an amazing season, and we still have one more race to go.
stantdm
8/17/2014 7:56am
I was also hoping for a close race at Utah. Dungey just seemed out of sorts in the second moto. I was watching the live feed and really expecting him to move up pretty quickly but he just stayed around the top ten.

Kudos to Roczen for a good race when he needed it.
ChrisB10
8/17/2014 8:11am
I agree this weekend was a huge disappointment Not only did that gorgeous track get ruined but now the season is basically over and it couldn't of come to a less dramatic end.. Fck Utah and that joke of a track. Bring on MXDN and SX.
DoctorJD
8/17/2014 8:14am
That was a "champions ride". Proud for Kenny, he came through when it counted.
bsharkey
8/17/2014 8:18am
ChrisB10 wrote:
I agree this weekend was a huge disappointment Not only did that gorgeous track get ruined but now the season is basically over and it couldn't...
I agree this weekend was a huge disappointment Not only did that gorgeous track get ruined but now the season is basically over and it couldn't of come to a less dramatic end.. Fck Utah and that joke of a track. Bring on MXDN and SX.
^^^ this is it right here. 2014 was done yesterday. baring a mechanical failure this things in the bag, when was the last time the championship has gone down to the last race?
MxKing809
Fantasy
334th
8/17/2014 8:22am Edited Date/Time 8/17/2014 8:28am
Total bummer for sure and that was my overall thesis: but I should have been clear to not take anything away from KRoc. He earned it and came through in the toughest race of the year. If he would have won the 'ship by 1 point because he just coasted to the finish behind a charging Dungey, I would have been frustrated. But now I can be happy feeling he 'earned' it, as stupid as that sounds, and as insignificant my opinion is in the big picture.
8/17/2014 8:27am
i never been a fan of either of them, but i was loving the racing and i really like how roczen is so good with the public. i was really excited when dungey made it so close to, what a great series! And trey canard is just unbelievable! He makes me wanna goto church! lol
Ramrod
Fantasy
1692nd
8/17/2014 8:41am
I like both riders but was hoping Dungey could keep it close for the last race.

I always go for underdog riders. It's maybe a character flaw of mine because it rarely pays off and the better guy dominates.

Roczen has been great this outdoor series. Next year is going to be tougher.
peelout
8/17/2014 9:01am
ChrisB10 wrote:
I agree this weekend was a huge disappointment Not only did that gorgeous track get ruined but now the season is basically over and it couldn't...
Wow

True fan of the sport right here folks. Fuckin amazing
Harry_Gray
8/17/2014 9:07am
Shit can happen; granted the ball is in KR94's court w/ that solid ride of his, but as we've seen in years past, it isn't over to the fat lady sings. As mentioned before on the threads related to this subject; Dungey HAS to get a 1-1 and hope some kind of bad luck falls in Roczen's lap. It's happened to Pourcel in the past, so anything can happen in Utah. But as much as I have been rooting for Dungey, Roczen got his shit together this weekend and showed that he still wants this championship and shut the naysayers up.
jamma10
8/17/2014 9:13am
Idaho747 wrote:
Why is everyone so upset about it being a mudder and saying it that it totally changed the championship. Mud is part of motocross. Mud didn't...
Absolutely.

I can't believe there are so many people complaining about it being a mudder and it "ruining the championship". If anything mud races make things MORE interesting, there are way more variables than a dry race which can sometimes be decided by the tiniest mistake.
TeamGreen
8/17/2014 9:16am
ChrisB10 wrote:
peelout wrote:
Wow

Next-Friday or Saturday...let's have a drink in his honor...well, in honor of his doucheyness.
Outsider
8/17/2014 9:20am
Kenny has been more consistent than Dungey this year... that's hard to do.

If he wins it, he will have earned it big time.
8/17/2014 9:50am Edited Date/Time 8/17/2014 9:53am
Idaho747 wrote:
You'd have to be ignorant to think that mud doesn't change things because it does.
8/17/2014 9:52am
ChrisB10 wrote:
peelout wrote:
Wow

Didn't know he couldn't have an opinion and had to like all the tracks to be a true fan and avoid being a douche bag.Whistling
Ramrod
Fantasy
1692nd
8/17/2014 9:57am
Outsider wrote:
Kenny has been more consistent than Dungey this year... that's hard to do.

If he wins it, he will have earned it big time.
This guy gets it.
peelout
8/17/2014 9:58am
ChrisB10 wrote:
peelout wrote:
Wow

TeamGreen wrote:
Next-Friday or Saturday...let's have a drink in his honor...well, in honor of his doucheyness.
Hell yeah I'm there
Idaho747
8/17/2014 9:59am
You'd have to be ignorant to think that mud doesn't change things because it does.
No I agree it does change things up but to say it ruins a championship IMHO is incorrect. Everyone has to ride the same track is all I'm saying. Kroc just rose to the occasion better than dungey this weekend.
peelout
8/17/2014 10:00am
ChrisB10 wrote:
peelout wrote:
Wow

Didn't know he couldn't have an opinion and had to like all the tracks to be a true fan and avoid being a douche bag.Whistling
Fuck Utah? That's all I had to hear to form my opinion, you're welcome to your own as well
PTECH
8/17/2014 12:14pm
I was bummed for Dungey but you can't take anything away from what Roczen did yesterday. He was the better rider Saturday. There is still one race to go, I think we all remember Pala 2010... How many points down was Canard that year and he walked away with the title. It aint over till its over.
GuyB
Fantasy
1215th
8/17/2014 12:21pm
Idaho747 wrote:
Yep. It's about who performs.
bd
8/17/2014 12:27pm
Idaho747 wrote:
GuyB wrote:
Yep. It's about who performs.
x2.

Post a reply to: Gutted

The Latest