Guts Racing seat foam....anyone using?

jeffro503
Edited Date/Time 5/18/2022 8:52pm
I've been having a hard time the last couple rides on my TC 125. Later in the day when all the corners start getting chopped up , I'm getting my tail bone slightly bruised. I've never had this problem on any other bike I've owned , but I don't think I've ever owned a bike that had a seat this thin and hard. I wanted to see if any of you guys have used the Guts racing foams , as they can come in custom heights and firmness.
|
mxb2
7/16/2017 1:49pm
jeffro503 wrote:
I've been having a hard time the last couple rides on my TC 125. Later in the day when all the corners start getting chopped up...
I've been having a hard time the last couple rides on my TC 125. Later in the day when all the corners start getting chopped up , I'm getting my tail bone slightly bruised. I've never had this problem on any other bike I've owned , but I don't think I've ever owned a bike that had a seat this thin and hard. I wanted to see if any of you guys have used the Guts racing foams , as they can come in custom heights and firmness.
Good quality stuff,. Is your suspension set up for you?
jeffro503
7/16/2017 2:03pm
jeffro503 wrote:
I've been having a hard time the last couple rides on my TC 125. Later in the day when all the corners start getting chopped up...
mxb2 wrote:
Good quality stuff,. Is your suspension set up for you?
Yeah it's setup really well. Like I was saying , all my other bikes have had slightly taller , softer foam. This is the hardest seat I've ever sat on. Going to order a taller , and softer foam along with a seat cover from Guts racing. I think the seat on my RM is probably twice as thick as the husky ( and it's stock ) but feels great. The Husky's is just to thin for me.
Bruce372
7/16/2017 2:06pm
Husky sell a 20mm taller complete seat for $130.

Always run guts on my Suzukis, but the optional oem complete setup is cheaper
jeffro503
7/16/2017 3:39pm
Bruce372 wrote:
Husky sell a 20mm taller complete seat for $130.

Always run guts on my Suzukis, but the optional oem complete setup is cheaper
I'll be danged! They do! I still may go with a Guts racing seat. As I wouldn't mind a little softer foam and a ribbed cover. Thanks though Bruce.

The Shop

shue415
7/16/2017 4:07pm
I have guts foam and cover on my KX 500
Good stuff
With pulpmx discount code,I got both for less than $100
FTB
7/16/2017 4:12pm
JFYI. The Factroy FX foams are made by Guts.
LumpDog841
7/16/2017 4:22pm
Using Guts Tall/medium density foam and cover on my 17 250SX. Overall really happy,and no complaints. Plus I think the colors look great.
jeffro503
7/16/2017 4:45pm
LumpDog841 wrote:
Using Guts Tall/medium density foam and cover on my 17 250SX. Overall really happy,and no complaints. Plus I think the colors look great.
Lumpdog....how does the medium density foam feel compared to the stock foam? I wasn't sure if I needed softer foam....or about 1" more. To me it feels stiff , but also really thin. I'm not sure if I should get a combination of both softer AND taller. Or should I get just standard height with softer foam?

I've never had to deal with this before , but it feels like my tailbone is actually hitting the plastic seat base. It ain't feeling good today.
FTB
7/16/2017 5:00pm Edited Date/Time 7/16/2017 5:02pm
LumpDog841 wrote:
jeffro503 wrote:
Lumpdog....how does the medium density foam feel compared to the stock foam? I wasn't sure if I needed softer foam....or about 1" more. To me it...
Lumpdog....how does the medium density foam feel compared to the stock foam? I wasn't sure if I needed softer foam....or about 1" more. To me it feels stiff , but also really thin. I'm not sure if I should get a combination of both softer AND taller. Or should I get just standard height with softer foam?

I've never had to deal with this before , but it feels like my tailbone is actually hitting the plastic seat base. It ain't feeling good today.
Does knowing there's always someone who's worse off make you feel any better?

REMEMBER. "Timing is everything".
LumpDog841
7/16/2017 5:21pm Edited Date/Time 7/16/2017 5:24pm
jeffro503 wrote:
Lumpdog....how does the medium density foam feel compared to the stock foam? I wasn't sure if I needed softer foam....or about 1" more. To me it...

I felt it was a little softer, for me and racing moto the medium density is perfect. Keep in mind though I'm using the tall setup which gives me more cushion, so it's a little hard to compare with the stock setup. Also the ribbed cover is awesome.

*Edit: I should point out I went with the tall setup due to my height, not comfort issues. To me it seems like the husky seats are really thin and that is a lot of your issue.
Steadman
7/16/2017 5:23pm
I tried out a buddies 2010 Husky with a Guts seat. Super plush. Made my stock KTM seat feel like a 2x4. Would take some getting used to but I'm sure your tailbone and butt would appreciate it.
TeamGreen
7/16/2017 5:58pm Edited Date/Time 7/16/2017 6:36pm
I've been running their Velcro-System and thier Light Foam for just over 4 years on all of my bikes. Bullet-proof and the foam lasts waaaay longer than stock, too.
Boarddesign
Fantasy
2069th
7/16/2017 8:58pm
The guts medium is close to the stock Kawi foam, maybe a tad softer. It is really nice imho.
Duncster316
Fantasy
1795th
7/17/2017 5:45am
Running the phantom seat foam and cover on my TC 250. Have about 25 hours on it so far, love the feel personally, seems like the perfect combo of firm/squishy and saves a good amount of weight. I think the cover looks sick on the Husky. Pulpmx for the discount code if I'm not mistaken.

Mx286
7/17/2017 9:55am
Funny this topic came up. When I was looking at these bikes in the dealership one thing I said was how damn hard that seat was.
jeffro503
7/17/2017 10:08am
Mx286 wrote:
Funny this topic came up. When I was looking at these bikes in the dealership one thing I said was how damn hard that seat was.
Haha , yep me too. To me they aren't usually that bad , but these past couple rides the tracks have been getting beat up pretty bad , especially the corners on the way out. I just ordered the medium seat foam , added 1" and got an all black ribbed cover for it.

@ Duncster.....that 250 looks sharp with that seat! Very clean graphics setup too. I was thinking of doing the Rockstar kit as well....it just looks good.
7/17/2017 12:01pm
I have medium seat foam wishing I would have went with firm closer to the Honda stock I think. I have the Velcro seat cover a little skeptical at first but I am now a believer.
ron727
Fantasy
2353rd
7/17/2017 12:03pm
I ordered a Guts racing tall seat for my CR250 but my mama always said "if you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all", so............Smile
7/17/2017 1:15pm
Forest Gump rides a CR250 ????? God Dam never would have guessed that but he is Forest and it is a 2 stroke so I suppose it makes sense LOLOL
G Force
7/17/2017 5:39pm
Ive had 2 Guts seat foams on different bikes, a "firm" on my KX, which in hindsight was too firm (my bad). And a tall regular density on a CR 250, which was perfect! I would buy from them again in a heartbeat.
IceMan446
7/17/2017 6:29pm
Jeffro just picked up my seat from Guts today. Great dudes and they support the sport.

The velcro system is sweet, the cover looks and feels really good and the seat foam feels good. I don't have any ride time on it but I will report back to ya after this weekend.

Bruce372
7/17/2017 6:45pm
IceMan446 wrote:
Jeffro just picked up my seat from Guts today. Great dudes and they support the sport. The velcro system is sweet, the cover looks and feels...
Jeffro just picked up my seat from Guts today. Great dudes and they support the sport.

The velcro system is sweet, the cover looks and feels really good and the seat foam feels good. I don't have any ride time on it but I will report back to ya after this weekend.

can you post some pics of the velcro setup?

I been buying from Guts for over 10 years and last time around i bought the carbon base and velcro setup for my RMZ450 but it didn't quite work out and i had to return it.
jeffro503
7/17/2017 7:49pm
IceMan446 wrote:
Jeffro just picked up my seat from Guts today. Great dudes and they support the sport. The velcro system is sweet, the cover looks and feels...

Bruce372 wrote:
can you post some pics of the velcro setup? I been buying from Guts for over 10 years and last time around i bought the carbon...

I been buying from Guts for over 10 years and last time around i bought the carbon base and velcro setup for my RMZ450 but it didn't quite work out and i had to return it.
Same here. I keep hearing about the Velcro setup but I'm not even sure what that is? Is it the foam and cover , velcro'd to the base? For some reason I didn't see that on the site , but also didn't look around long enough. This sucks.....I bruised my tail bone 2 weeks ago and just re-bruised it this past weekend. She's going to get bruised again this weekend too! My tail is begging for mercy!
IceMan446
7/18/2017 12:31am
IceMan446 wrote:

Bruce372 wrote:
can you post some pics of the velcro setup? I been buying from Guts for over 10 years and last time around i bought the carbon...

jeffro503 wrote:
Same here. I keep hearing about the Velcro setup but I'm not even sure what that is? Is it the foam and cover , velcro'd to...
Same here. I keep hearing about the Velcro setup but I'm not even sure what that is? Is it the foam and cover , velcro'd to the base? For some reason I didn't see that on the site , but also didn't look around long enough. This sucks.....I bruised my tail bone 2 weeks ago and just re-bruised it this past weekend. She's going to get bruised again this weekend too! My tail is begging for mercy!
Ill post some pics up tomorrow of the seat and base.

jeffro503
7/18/2017 12:37am
Bruce372 wrote:

jeffro503 wrote:
Same here. I keep hearing about the Velcro setup but I'm not even sure what that is? Is it the foam and cover , velcro'd to...
IceMan446 wrote:
Ill post some pics up tomorrow of the seat and base.

Thanks man! And hopefully meet up with you here in the next couple weeks.
Helder
7/18/2017 2:41am Edited Date/Time 7/18/2017 2:42am
I have the phantom seat foam with the seat cover and a bump but the bump is going I hate it!

Overall it's nice I needed a higher seat so decided to go for the guts it's firm but not to firm and I expect to the break in..
IceMan446
7/18/2017 12:41pm
jeffro503 wrote:
Thanks man! And hopefully meet up with you here in the next couple weeks.
Yeah man can't wait! Ill be racing Thursday and Friday for AM day.

So ill be up there Wednesday evening through Saturday.

IceMan446
7/20/2017 8:14pm
Sorry it took me a few days to post this Jeffro. But here ya go.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

CarlinoJoeVideo
Fantasy
2361st
7/20/2017 9:20pm
I have the lightweight foam and it's pretty dang firm. I think it's harder than stock.
7/20/2017 9:46pm
I would like to throw a shout out to Guts. My son it hard on bikes in the rider area. He grips with his knees hard enough to rub through plastics in about 6 months. He got the Guts seat cover, with the Pulp discount, and who it is good. Stock seat lasted 4 maybe 5 rides. Now 8 months in and the sides are still good. Great product.

Post a reply to: Guts Racing seat foam....anyone using?

The Latest