Guess the Alessi's are showing up at P.I.R. tonight.

jeffro503
Edited Date/Time 1/19/2012 4:42am
Just got off the phone with a buddy of mine and said the Alessi's were showing up to race the pro shootout tonight at P.I.R.

looks like it's gonna be a fun night!
|
pummel
Fantasy
370th
7/22/2010 2:21pm
Oh ya! I'm excited!!
7/22/2010 2:23pm
jeffro503 wrote:
Just got off the phone with a buddy of mine and said the Alessi's were showing up to race the pro shootout tonight at P.I.R. looks...
Just got off the phone with a buddy of mine and said the Alessi's were showing up to race the pro shootout tonight at P.I.R.

BobbyM just mad a mess in his shorts!
pummel
Fantasy
370th
7/22/2010 3:09pm
Everyone close should go! Chicks get in for free too ! It's going to be an awesome show! !

The Shop

DownSouth
7/22/2010 3:10pm Edited Date/Time 7/22/2010 3:10pm
Who are the local hotshots up there? How will they stack up against the 800?
pummel
Fantasy
370th
7/22/2010 3:18pm Edited Date/Time 7/22/2010 3:19pm
Last year Daniel Blair won- (not local obviously) Tiger Lacey, Ryan Metzler, Rory Sullivan are all there often and very fast.. Ryan Huffman might show up but not sure if he's in shape to last very long. Chris Johnson (Rockstar replacement rider) will be there unfortunately not riding !
sharkey
7/22/2010 3:44pm
they always step up the track for this race, its really cool to see and being so close to washougal its perfect for privateers to make some good cash and see some good talent. maybe abrigo?
BobbyM
7/22/2010 3:45pm
jeffro503 wrote:
Just got off the phone with a buddy of mine and said the Alessi's were showing up to race the pro shootout tonight at P.I.R. looks...

PHOENIX INTERNATIONAL RACEWAY? I'M THERE!!@!!
Racer111
7/22/2010 3:49pm
Mikey is trying to get a win any way he can! Tongue
jeffro503
7/22/2010 4:22pm
All the fast guys mentioned above should be there , along with Kevin Rookstool , Nate Whitlow , Joel Ard , Chris Johnson , Jake anstet...........these guys fucking go for it at this race! They make more here than probably racing 2-3 nationals!
jeffro503
7/22/2010 4:22pm
I'm outta here.........will try and post results when i get back late tonight !
Tim507
7/22/2010 9:29pm
Main starts in 1 minute
Tim507
7/22/2010 9:41pm
I Rory made the main, waiting for a text from Brian Elliott of Alliance on who is all there and how the main went.
TriRacer27
Fantasy
44th
7/22/2010 9:44pm
Wait I thought they were saying that with doing the GP he was getting a bit burned out or like he needed a break or something to get back on track.

Oh well, whatever he feels will help get his confidence up.
MXR
7/22/2010 10:03pm
Holy crap ... a CR 125 just pulled the KTM 350 down the start strait .
TJRace
7/22/2010 10:34pm
Hey Tim,
Rory looked good out there but there were a lot of fast guys for sure. The big gap before the normal 'pro double' looked HUGE for PIR. The rest of the track looked good (too).

I didn't stay for the main because I have a 5am conf call and didn't want to get stuck getting out of there (it was packed). Speaking of which... g'nite.
sharkey
7/22/2010 10:34pm
come on lets hear it, i heard bits and pieces but my buddies phone was breaking up bad
redrider111
7/22/2010 10:39pm
sharkey wrote:
come on lets hear it, i heard bits and pieces but my buddies phone was breaking up bad
Im with you! My friend drove up with Daniel Blair to race it. Both Daniel and my friend, Brian Alquist, were in the main so Im trying to find results!
todthebod
7/22/2010 10:44pm
"Going to Portland International Raceway tonight to sign autographs and watch my brother race. 1940 N Victory Blvd Portland, OR 97217 "
sharkey
7/22/2010 11:11pm
sharkey wrote:
Im with you! My friend drove up with Daniel Blair to race it. Both Daniel and my friend, Brian Alquist, were in the main so Im...
Im with you! My friend drove up with Daniel Blair to race it. Both Daniel and my friend, Brian Alquist, were in the main so Im trying to find results!
im pretty sure Blair won again. bonds second and alessi 3rd. ajake anstett was in first for awhile but made some mistakes and bobby bonds got by him. he looks behind him too much and slows down and sounds like he was doing this again. then he tangled with a lapper and went down and finished a few spots back. this is all i heard before i lost his call. that washougal area is terrible for phone reception
DanDunes818
7/23/2010 12:06am Edited Date/Time 7/23/2010 2:52pm
Great night of racing at PIR.. 68 pros showed up. Mike and Jeff Alessi were there but only Jeff raced. Which I liked because the privateers seriously need that purse money. Mike just walked around with his 10 lb gold watch looking cool and doing track interviews w/the locals. There were three qualifiers and two lcqs because of the awesome turn out. The qualifiers were won by Jake Anstett, Jeff Alessi . and Bobby Bonds. It was cool to see James Decotis there. His style is pretty sick. Unfortunately he suffered from horrible starts all night because it was a open unlimited pro class and he was on a 250. He barely made the main through the last chance where he got 2nd when only two transferred. In the main Decotis was pretty far back in the pack as well. The field was deep enough to keep guys like Tevin Tapia out of the main.

In the Main defending Champ from last year Daniel Blair grabbed the Holly but was passed on like lap 3 by Jake Anstett. Anstett impressively took off after the pass. Bonds , Blair and Alessi battled for 2nd, 3rd, and 4th for about 1/2 the race before Bonds got by and took off after Anstett who by that time had like 5 seconds on those 3. About 3/4 the way through the main Bonds caught and passed Anstett and pretty much yarded him. Anstett held strong in second with around 5 seconds on the battle of the night between Blair and Alessi. Alessi got by Blair around the 1/2 way mark but Blair stayed on his ass for the whole moto. I ended up leaving on the white flag because my 7 year old was crying from a stomach ache she got because of too much Candy , Ice Cream and track pretzels w/ fake cheese. I'm pretty sure the top 4 was Bonds , Anstett, Alessi and Blair. I really can't say for sure who got what from 5th back because my daughter was crying and I like I said left a little early. I'm sure http://www.portlandraceway.com/ will have results up pretty quick though.

Great turn out by riders and fans and the track looked awesome. Bonds was super fast and Anstett's speed surprised the hell out of me. As far as jeff Alessi goes he looked as fast as anyone out there and faster than most but you could see he wasn't in the best race shape.

Edit: I think Anstett may have went down with a lap to go because he had a 5 sec lead on Alessi and Blair but they somehow both got by Anstett with a lap to go. So top 4 was Bonds , Aless, Blair , the Anstett.
FastEddy
Fantasy
944th
7/23/2010 1:30am
Great night of racing at PIR.. 68 pros showed up. Mike and Jeff Alessi were there but only Jeff raced. Which I liked because the privateers...
Great night of racing at PIR.. 68 pros showed up. Mike and Jeff Alessi were there but only Jeff raced. Which I liked because the privateers seriously need that purse money. Mike just walked around with his 10 lb gold watch looking cool and doing track interviews w/the locals. There were three qualifiers and two lcqs because of the awesome turn out. The qualifiers were won by Jake Anstett, Jeff Alessi . and Bobby Bonds. It was cool to see James Decotis there. His style is pretty sick. Unfortunately he suffered from horrible starts all night because it was a open unlimited pro class and he was on a 250. He barely made the main through the last chance where he got 2nd when only two transferred. In the main Decotis was pretty far back in the pack as well. The field was deep enough to keep guys like Tevin Tapia out of the main.

In the Main defending Champ from last year Daniel Blair grabbed the Holly but was passed on like lap 3 by Jake Anstett. Anstett impressively took off after the pass. Bonds , Blair and Alessi battled for 2nd, 3rd, and 4th for about 1/2 the race before Bonds got by and took off after Anstett who by that time had like 5 seconds on those 3. About 3/4 the way through the main Bonds caught and passed Anstett and pretty much yarded him. Anstett held strong in second with around 5 seconds on the battle of the night between Blair and Alessi. Alessi got by Blair around the 1/2 way mark but Blair stayed on his ass for the whole moto. I ended up leaving on the white flag because my 7 year old was crying from a stomach ache she got because of too much Candy , Ice Cream and track pretzels w/ fake cheese. I'm pretty sure the top 4 was Bonds , Anstett, Alessi and Blair. I really can't say for sure who got what from 5th back because my daughter was crying and I like I said left a little early. I'm sure http://www.portlandraceway.com/ will have results up pretty quick though.

Great turn out by riders and fans and the track looked awesome. Bonds was super fast and Anstett's speed surprised the hell out of me. As far as jeff Alessi goes he looked as fast as anyone out there and faster than most but you could see he wasn't in the best race shape.

Edit: I think Anstett may have went down with a lap to go because he had a 5 sec lead on Alessi and Blair but they somehow both got by Anstett with a lap to go. So top 4 was Bonds , Aless, Blair , the Anstett.
Thanks for the report Dan!
500guy
7/23/2010 7:23am
Great night of racing at PIR.. 68 pros showed up. Mike and Jeff Alessi were there but only Jeff raced. Which I liked because the privateers...

Excellent write up

To much Candy,Ice Cream, Pretzels and Fake Cheese ?

that could make a nice country song.
track guy
7/23/2010 7:59am
PORTLAND INT RACEWAY PODIUM : BONDS J.ALESSI BLAIR
jeffro503
7/23/2010 8:22am
Dan.....great write up !

I tried to give a report last nigfht and my internet was down.........modem flashing only 1 light! Damn Comcast !

Anyways........Bonds ended up passing Jake Anstett with about 5-6 laps to go.....and Jake looked like he just totally gassed! But i'll tell you what........that first 3/4 of the race....I didn't think anyone was going to beat him....he was flat out hauling ass!

They ran with Bonds in 1st , Anstette , Alessi , Dan Blair......then I think Nate Whitlow , Ryan Abrigo and then Tiger Lacey.

With about 2 laps left........Alessi and Blair both got around Anstette ........I'm not sure what happened exactly.....but some how they went from about 3 seconds behind....to about 2 seconds ahead on that one lap! Bummed me out...........Jake was riding soooo good!

I "THINK".....that was the official running order , but it got really crazy after the 1/2 way mark. When the leaders wrapped up into the lappers......it was hard to tell where everyone was at.

Side note : A kid I know Joey Mancouso is someone I grew up riding around along with his dad and little brother Nick. Joey still has some really good speed , but I think he's out of shape a little. Anyways......he had the scariest looking wreck I have witnessed in a Long , Long time!

Remember the Brian manley wreck in the 90's when they showed in slow motion him going down , then getting nailed by like 4-5 guys? OK.....it was just like that....except Joe got nailed by 9 guys last night before the flagger got to him! He's ok......but bruised up...but it was ugly!

Chris Gossler was involved in that one as well....as Joey was running 3rd......and it was on the 3rd laps when everyone was still tight together. Chris Gossler's bike was bent up bad! The entire sub frame , exhaust , air box....everything ....was pointing forward towards the bars.....it really looked messed up!

I think TNMX may be posting the results here soon....so if they do , me or someone else will come in and post them up.

Awesome race! Really happy Bonds took it though , as he's a Vet man.......been around a long time , and he really wanted it bad!
Rockwell
7/23/2010 8:25am

Glad to see you mentioned Mike's 10 lb gold watch. It is really almost a full lb and it is the same one as my profile pic just gold.
Tim507
7/23/2010 10:55am Edited Date/Time 7/23/2010 11:07am
this years is not posted on the official site yet

Post a reply to: Guess the Alessi's are showing up at P.I.R. tonight.

The Latest