Group determination

beamer
2/10/2018 6:09pm
For qualifying specifically how does it work?

Reed runs a 55 in second session at the bottom of the group A

Benny Blose runs a 53 1/2 in group B at the top

Please explain “Group” determination’s

|
Jmicmoto13
2/10/2018 6:21pm
beamer wrote:
For qualifying specifically how does it work? Reed runs a 55 in second session at the bottom of the group A Benny Blose runs a 53...
For qualifying specifically how does it work?

Reed runs a 55 in second session at the bottom of the group A

Benny Blose runs a 53 1/2 in group B at the top

Please explain “Group” determination’s

Great question. I would be interested in knowing as well.
USA
Fantasy
545th
2/10/2018 6:24pm
I thought it was If you made the main the week before, you're in A, and if you made the night show but not the main the week before, you're in B. All other in C. Nothing to back that up though
crusty_xx
Fantasy
207th
2/10/2018 6:26pm
USA wrote:
I thought it was If you made the main the week before, you're in A, and if you made the night show but not the main...
I thought it was If you made the main the week before, you're in A, and if you made the night show but not the main the week before, you're in B. All other in C. Nothing to back that up though
I don't think that's right. For example Taft hasn't made last weeks main, but he's in A practice.
I believe it has something to do with the points, not sure though.

Also at some race this year Bloss (I believe it was him) was in B practice and after Free practice they moved him to A practice. So not sure if they had made a mistake in putting him into B or if someone thought he belonged into A practice

The Shop

Jroc
Fantasy
2490th
2/10/2018 6:28pm
USA wrote:
I thought it was If you made the main the week before, you're in A, and if you made the night show but not the main...
I think that's the base they use but it also goes by who you are and what team you're on. Say Tomac doesn't make the main by chance. There's no way he will be bumped to B group.
mattyhamz2
Fantasy
760th
2/10/2018 6:30pm
I believe top 20 in points in group a, then it trickles down from there. But I could be wrong
USA
Fantasy
545th
2/10/2018 6:31pm
Jroc wrote:
I think that's the base they use but it also goes by who you are and what team you're on. Say Tomac doesn't make the main...
I think that's the base they use but it also goes by who you are and what team you're on. Say Tomac doesn't make the main by chance. There's no way he will be bumped to B group.
Yeah, there's probably dozens of other factors. I wonder what group Blake Wharton will be in when he starts his run at the East.
tcallahan707
2/10/2018 6:35pm
It's the typical AMA way of handling things. They do whatever they want based on who they like or who is the squeakiest wheel.

Post a reply to: Group determination

The Latest