Group determination

Related:
Create New Tag

2/10/2018 6:09 PM

For qualifying specifically how does it work?

Reed runs a 55 in second session at the bottom of the group A

Benny Blose runs a 53 1/2 in group B at the top

Please explain “Group” determination’s





|

2/10/2018 6:19 PM

Points based?

|

2/10/2018 6:21 PM

beamer wrote:

For qualifying specifically how does it work?

Reed runs a 55 in second session at the bottom of the group A

Benny Blose runs a 53 1/2 in group B at the top

Please explain “Group” determination’s





Great question. I would be interested in knowing as well.

|

2/10/2018 6:24 PM

I thought it was If you made the main the week before, you're in A, and if you made the night show but not the main the week before, you're in B. All other in C. Nothing to back that up though

|

Holeshot Coffee Co.
Each bag sold donates $1 to Road2Recovery

2/10/2018 6:26 PM

USA wrote:

I thought it was If you made the main the week before, you're in A, and if you made the night show but not the main the week before, you're in B. All other in C. Nothing to back that up though

I don't think that's right. For example Taft hasn't made last weeks main, but he's in A practice.
I believe it has something to do with the points, not sure though.

Also at some race this year Bloss (I believe it was him) was in B practice and after Free practice they moved him to A practice. So not sure if they had made a mistake in putting him into B or if someone thought he belonged into A practice

|

2/10/2018 6:28 PM

USA wrote:

I thought it was If you made the main the week before, you're in A, and if you made the night show but not the main the week before, you're in B. All other in C. Nothing to back that up though

I think that's the base they use but it also goes by who you are and what team you're on. Say Tomac doesn't make the main by chance. There's no way he will be bumped to B group.

|

2/10/2018 6:30 PM

I believe top 20 in points in group a, then it trickles down from there. But I could be wrong

|

2017 RMZ450
2005 YZ250-sold :,(
1998 YZ250
2005 KX250F

80% of the time it works every time
IG @hamdaddyof2 & @2HRacing
Thanks to : Factory Effex, N2Dirt, Acerbis, DT1, Fasthouse, Matix, FMF, ASV, 100% & Mika Metals

2/10/2018 6:31 PM

Jroc wrote:

I think that's the base they use but it also goes by who you are and what team you're on. Say Tomac doesn't make the main by chance. There's no way he will be bumped to B group.

Yeah, there's probably dozens of other factors. I wonder what group Blake Wharton will be in when he starts his run at the East.

|

Holeshot Coffee Co.
Each bag sold donates $1 to Road2Recovery

2/10/2018 6:35 PM

It's the typical AMA way of handling things. They do whatever they want based on who they like or who is the squeakiest wheel.

|