You buying a bike from the 90’s brah?

Gripper FTW
Dylanyuen271
9/2/2018 8:33am Edited Date/Time 9/2/2018 8:39am
Brap! wrote:
Most bikes come stock with a gripper...

Gripper FTW
Yeah i ride a 92 pw50. What's wrong with that?
kkawboy14
9/2/2018 8:36am
Brap! wrote:

Gripper FTW
Nothing, if your 3 feet tall and weigh 49 pounds!

The Shop

Dylanyuen271
9/2/2018 8:38am
Brap! wrote:

Gripper FTW
kkawboy14 wrote:
Nothing, if your 3 feet tall and weigh 49 pounds!
5'9 165lbs. I got stiffer springs for it. Rides real nice. Going out to the track today. Think im gonna give the stock cover one last hoorah
kb228
9/2/2018 8:38am
Ever since i had a motoseat cover for thr first time i automatically put one on. Theyre worth every bit of $60.
Dylanyuen271
9/2/2018 8:43am
I have an nstyle gripper just sitting in my garage and I'm a little iffy about throwing it on. Kinda scared my butt cheeks are gonna get melted, thing feels super grippy. Any experience with nstyle covers?
Moto96
9/2/2018 8:54am
I like the old seat covers where they were like OEM, but had the Kevlar strips on the bottom edge where your knees are.
I think Ceet made them? They would last a few years of daily riding.

I cant stand seats with the ridges and crap on them.
drt410
9/2/2018 9:42am
I have an nstyle gripper just sitting in my garage and I'm a little iffy about throwing it on. Kinda scared my butt cheeks are gonna...
I have an nstyle gripper just sitting in my garage and I'm a little iffy about throwing it on. Kinda scared my butt cheeks are gonna get melted, thing feels super grippy. Any experience with nstyle covers?
R u serious lol
Dylanyuen271
9/2/2018 9:45am
I have an nstyle gripper just sitting in my garage and I'm a little iffy about throwing it on. Kinda scared my butt cheeks are gonna...
drt410 wrote:
R u serious lol
Serious about the seat cover. Not serious about the pw50
BAD10
9/2/2018 9:48am
The only way your ass will get torched is if you wear regular underwear or boxers under your gear. Make sure you wear cycling type shorts or EVS or Troy lee moto shorts or similar. Don’t be a tripper on the grippers you’ll never go back to the slippers. I’ve been using since 1996.... come on bro get with the times!
Dylanyuen271
9/2/2018 10:04am
BAD10 wrote:
The only way your ass will get torched is if you wear regular underwear or boxers under your gear. Make sure you wear cycling type shorts...
The only way your ass will get torched is if you wear regular underwear or boxers under your gear. Make sure you wear cycling type shorts or EVS or Troy lee moto shorts or similar. Don’t be a tripper on the grippers you’ll never go back to the slippers. I’ve been using since 1996.... come on bro get with the times!
You find it more beneficial to be stuck to the bike rather than being able to move around on it?
Dylanyuen271
9/2/2018 10:22am Edited Date/Time 9/2/2018 10:23am
BAD10 wrote:
The only way your ass will get torched is if you wear regular underwear or boxers under your gear. Make sure you wear cycling type shorts...
You find it more beneficial to be stuck to the bike rather than being able to move around on it?
Ass getting torched was more of a joke. This is my real concern.
murph783
9/2/2018 11:55am
Yeah being kept in place helps. Can’t really think of any time I’d prefer to be thrown back when I get on the gas. I run a pleated cover now, I definitely got some monkey butt when I first started using it, but that was also after taking a couple years off, so probably more from that.
Dylanyuen271
9/2/2018 12:02pm
murph783 wrote:
Yeah being kept in place helps. Can’t really think of any time I’d prefer to be thrown back when I get on the gas. I run...
Yeah being kept in place helps. Can’t really think of any time I’d prefer to be thrown back when I get on the gas. I run a pleated cover now, I definitely got some monkey butt when I first started using it, but that was also after taking a couple years off, so probably more from that.
I was thinking a grippy seat would be nice in that sense. But i also thought maybe a non grippy seat would be nice to move on the bike in corners. And I've heard the word pleated referring to seats often. Is that just another word for those ribs on top of the seat?
Dylanyuen271
9/2/2018 12:04pm
And which one of you is wasting all there time disliking every single comment lmao. Got nothing better to do?
murph783
9/2/2018 1:34pm
murph783 wrote:
Yeah being kept in place helps. Can’t really think of any time I’d prefer to be thrown back when I get on the gas. I run...
I was thinking a grippy seat would be nice in that sense. But i also thought maybe a non grippy seat would be nice to move...
I was thinking a grippy seat would be nice in that sense. But i also thought maybe a non grippy seat would be nice to move on the bike in corners. And I've heard the word pleated referring to seats often. Is that just another word for those ribs on top of the seat?
Yeah that’s exactly it. Those little strips of gripper fabric across the top. I had the same worry going from a smooth seat to gripper, but it’s better, you get used to it. Actually helps to be planted there too, doesn’t throw your balance off in the corners if you stay in the same spot. You can still move around, just takes a touch more effort.
Dylanyuen271
9/2/2018 1:44pm
murph783 wrote:
I was thinking a grippy seat would be nice in that sense. But i also thought maybe a non grippy seat would be nice to move...
murph783 wrote:
Yeah that’s exactly it. Those little strips of gripper fabric across the top. I had the same worry going from a smooth seat to gripper, but...
Yeah that’s exactly it. Those little strips of gripper fabric across the top. I had the same worry going from a smooth seat to gripper, but it’s better, you get used to it. Actually helps to be planted there too, doesn’t throw your balance off in the corners if you stay in the same spot. You can still move around, just takes a touch more effort.
Sounds cool I think I might try it. The entire cover is that grippy material though. Is that how yours is or just the ribs grippy and has it helped you with armpump at all?
dirtmike86
9/2/2018 2:00pm
Only run gripper seats from motoseat. You can call them and actually have the strips placed wherever you like. I thought the same thing to about being able to slide but it makes you stand up to switch positions. Imo thats helps me with cornering and standing up more.
VetMX.com
9/3/2018 7:15am
I hate gripper seats. I like to be able to slide up on the tank for turns and slide to the rear of the seat on acceleration out of the turns. I hate the monkey butt I get w/ a gripper.
NVA57
Fantasy
1602nd
9/3/2018 10:21am
Not a fan of gripper seats at all. Every time I go from sitting to standing it feels like it pulls my pants off.

Post a reply to: Gripper or stock seat cover?

The Latest