Gripper!

|

9/2/2018 8:33 AM
Edited Date/Time: 9/2/2018 8:39 AM

Brap! wrote:

Most bikes come stock with a gripper...

You buying a bike from the 90’s brah?

Gripper FTW

Yeah i ride a 92 pw50. What's wrong with that?

|

9/2/2018 8:36 AM

Brap! wrote:

Gripper FTW

Dylanyuen271 wrote:

Nothing, if your 3 feet tall and weigh 49 pounds!

|

9/2/2018 8:38 AM

Brap! wrote:

Gripper FTW

Dylanyuen271 wrote:

kkawboy14 wrote:

Nothing, if your 3 feet tall and weigh 49 pounds!

5'9 165lbs. I got stiffer springs for it. Rides real nice. Going out to the track today. Think im gonna give the stock cover one last hoorah

|

9/2/2018 8:38 AM

Ever since i had a motoseat cover for thr first time i automatically put one on. Theyre worth every bit of $60.

|

9/2/2018 8:43 AM

I have an nstyle gripper just sitting in my garage and I'm a little iffy about throwing it on. Kinda scared my butt cheeks are gonna get melted, thing feels super grippy. Any experience with nstyle covers?

|

9/2/2018 8:54 AM

I like the old seat covers where they were like OEM, but had the Kevlar strips on the bottom edge where your knees are.
I think Ceet made them? They would last a few years of daily riding.

I cant stand seats with the ridges and crap on them.

|

My post is my opinion. If you don't agree with it, I'm OK with it.

9/2/2018 9:42 AM

Dylanyuen271 wrote:

I have an nstyle gripper just sitting in my garage and I'm a little iffy about throwing it on. Kinda scared my butt cheeks are ...more

R u serious lol

|

9/2/2018 9:45 AM

Dylanyuen271 wrote:

I have an nstyle gripper just sitting in my garage and I'm a little iffy about throwing it on. Kinda scared my butt cheeks are ...more

drt410 wrote:

R u serious lol

Serious about the seat cover. Not serious about the pw50

|

9/2/2018 9:48 AM

Dylanyuen271 wrote:

The only way your ass will get torched is if you wear regular underwear or boxers under your gear. Make sure you wear cycling type shorts or EVS or Troy lee moto shorts or similar. Don’t be a tripper on the grippers you’ll never go back to the slippers. I’ve been using since 1996.... come on bro get with the times!

|

9/2/2018 10:04 AM

Dylanyuen271 wrote:

BAD10 wrote:

The only way your ass will get torched is if you wear regular underwear or boxers under your gear. Make sure you wear cycling ...more

You find it more beneficial to be stuck to the bike rather than being able to move around on it?

|

9/2/2018 10:22 AM
Edited Date/Time: 9/2/2018 10:23 AM

Dylanyuen271 wrote:

BAD10 wrote:

The only way your ass will get torched is if you wear regular underwear or boxers under your gear. Make sure you wear cycling ...more

Dylanyuen271 wrote:

You find it more beneficial to be stuck to the bike rather than being able to move around on it?

Ass getting torched was more of a joke. This is my real concern.

|

9/2/2018 11:55 AM

Yeah being kept in place helps. Can’t really think of any time I’d prefer to be thrown back when I get on the gas. I run a pleated cover now, I definitely got some monkey butt when I first started using it, but that was also after taking a couple years off, so probably more from that.

|

RPM Performance
CT

9/2/2018 12:02 PM

murph783 wrote:

Yeah being kept in place helps. Can’t really think of any time I’d prefer to be thrown back when I get on the gas. I run a ...more

I was thinking a grippy seat would be nice in that sense. But i also thought maybe a non grippy seat would be nice to move on the bike in corners. And I've heard the word pleated referring to seats often. Is that just another word for those ribs on top of the seat?

|

9/2/2018 12:04 PM

And which one of you is wasting all there time disliking every single comment lmao. Got nothing better to do?

|

9/2/2018 1:34 PM

murph783 wrote:

Yeah being kept in place helps. Can’t really think of any time I’d prefer to be thrown back when I get on the gas. I run a ...more

Dylanyuen271 wrote:

I was thinking a grippy seat would be nice in that sense. But i also thought maybe a non grippy seat would be nice to move on ...more

Yeah that’s exactly it. Those little strips of gripper fabric across the top. I had the same worry going from a smooth seat to gripper, but it’s better, you get used to it. Actually helps to be planted there too, doesn’t throw your balance off in the corners if you stay in the same spot. You can still move around, just takes a touch more effort.

|

RPM Performance
CT

9/2/2018 1:42 PM

Ktm stock. Apply wd40. Take your wife for a ride. Thank me later.

|

GP740
Since 1987

9/2/2018 1:44 PM

murph783 wrote:

Dylanyuen271 wrote:

I was thinking a grippy seat would be nice in that sense. But i also thought maybe a non grippy seat would be nice to move on ...more

murph783 wrote:

Yeah that’s exactly it. Those little strips of gripper fabric across the top. I had the same worry going from a smooth seat to ...more

Sounds cool I think I might try it. The entire cover is that grippy material though. Is that how yours is or just the ribs grippy and has it helped you with armpump at all?

|

9/2/2018 2:00 PM

Only run gripper seats from motoseat. You can call them and actually have the strips placed wherever you like. I thought the same thing to about being able to slide but it makes you stand up to switch positions. Imo thats helps me with cornering and standing up more.

|

9/3/2018 7:15 AM

I hate gripper seats. I like to be able to slide up on the tank for turns and slide to the rear of the seat on acceleration out of the turns. I hate the monkey butt I get w/ a gripper.

|

9/3/2018 10:21 AM

Not a fan of gripper seats at all. Every time I go from sitting to standing it feels like it pulls my pants off.

|