Greatest mud rider

Anonymous (not verified)
Edited Date/Time 8/19/2014 5:55pm
Since there is a lot of talking about the last race in the mud,i ask you:Who is your favorite mud rider?
I go with Heinz Kinigadner.Wink

|
Old Mate
8/17/2014 12:27pm
The Euro riders seem to shine on the weekend, Craig Anderson came from Aus and smoked an AMA mx2 moto in the wet and kiwi Darryl Hurley smoked an sx race in the mud. When I watched my boys train in the states I was shocked at the brilliant condition and prep at every training facility. I believe the AMA I has the fastest riders in the world but wonder if they are a little fussy and spoilt compared to the rest of the world when it comes to training in mud, etc.

The Shop

TDeath21
8/17/2014 12:46pm
Everts definitely. If he were at Millville in 06, he would have lapped the field like RC. It would have been awesome to see those two go at it that day.
stantdm
8/17/2014 5:45pm
RC was great, SE was great. Roger DeCoster and almost all of the racers of those years were great in the mud.
downard254
8/17/2014 5:47pm
Anyone remember how good of a mud rider JMB was. He was happy as a pig in that stuff. Of course that was '90-'91.
Some of you all might be a bit young to have seen him in action. RJ was pretty relentless in the slop too.
ga_pike
8/17/2014 6:23pm
Three best mud rides I ever saw... Rick Ryan at Daytona, JMB at High Point, and team USA at the 87 MXDN.
Steve125
Fantasy
2779th
8/17/2014 6:54pm Edited Date/Time 8/17/2014 6:58pm
John Dowd.. Beat JMB who was in his prime, as a privateer at the mudfest that was Hangtown 91..
Not to mention his 3rd overall 18 years later in the mud at Southwick in 2009...at 45 years old.
ML512
Fantasy
45th
8/17/2014 7:10pm
What I love about RC is that he was a terrible mud rider at the beginning of his career. Then at the end, he laps the whole field in the mud. Laughing The dude put in the work, PERIOD.
Crush
8/17/2014 7:11pm
DV has to be on that list, Bradshaw had a couple good mudders too.
8/17/2014 7:11pm
ML512 wrote:
What I love about RC is that he was a terrible mud rider at the beginning of his career. Then at the end, he laps the...
What I love about RC is that he was a terrible mud rider at the beginning of his career. Then at the end, he laps the whole field in the mud. Laughing The dude put in the work, PERIOD.
RC would have lapped Everts that day.
8/17/2014 7:12pm
ML512 wrote:
What I love about RC is that he was a terrible mud rider at the beginning of his career. Then at the end, he laps the...
RC would have lapped Everts that day.
the one time both of them raced in the mud, Everts lapped RC. To be fair, RC was on a 125 and Everts was on a 250
Ramrod
Fantasy
1751st
8/17/2014 7:37pm
I automatically think Everts also. His style was smooth however RC looked always so aggressive you would think that style would suck in the mud but he learned how to ride it really well.

What about in SX? There was a race I think in SanFran that was really muddy and RC and Stewart were amazing at it.
8/17/2014 11:19pm
Anonymous wrote:
Since there is a lot of talking about the last race in the mud,i ask you:Who is your favorite mud rider? I go with Heinz Kinigadner.;)...
Since there is a lot of talking about the last race in the mud,i ask you:Who is your favorite mud rider?
I go with Heinz Kinigadner.Wink

Absolute beast in the desert as well.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PK05NL7yaoY
ayearinmx
8/18/2014 1:27am
ga_pike wrote:
Three best mud rides I ever saw... Rick Ryan at Daytona, JMB at High Point, and team USA at the 87 MXDN.
had the pleasure of meeting Rick Ryan this past month in Belgium.... cool cat with some interesting stories for sure, and his son (Jeremy) rips on a dirtcycle
8/18/2014 1:37am
everts is the best mud rider - even the american magazines said so after the 98 mx des nations.

Bearing in mind that dowd was a great mud rider in his own right, and everts destroyed him (and everyone else) that day

It was unbeleivable watching everts ride round that track that day- it was about as unrideable as ive ever seen a track get (ive actually raced there myself in the mud and it was the most difficult race ive ever done- even though it was nowhere near as bad as 98)- stefan made it easy. Stand up/ trials style, just cruising round on the pegs carrying loads of momentum

Crush
8/18/2014 5:33am
everts is the best mud rider - even the american magazines said so after the 98 mx des nations. Bearing in mind that dowd was a...
everts is the best mud rider - even the american magazines said so after the 98 mx des nations.

Bearing in mind that dowd was a great mud rider in his own right, and everts destroyed him (and everyone else) that day

It was unbeleivable watching everts ride round that track that day- it was about as unrideable as ive ever seen a track get (ive actually raced there myself in the mud and it was the most difficult race ive ever done- even though it was nowhere near as bad as 98)- stefan made it easy. Stand up/ trials style, just cruising round on the pegs carrying loads of momentum

The dirt at fox hills looks like it would be absolutely fucked if it was wet.

Greasy glass with slop on top. No thanks!
Prairieboy43
8/18/2014 6:10am
Steve125 wrote:
John Dowd.. Beat JMB who was in his prime, as a privateer at the mudfest that was Hangtown 91.. Not to mention his 3rd overall 18...
John Dowd.. Beat JMB who was in his prime, as a privateer at the mudfest that was Hangtown 91..
Not to mention his 3rd overall 18 years later in the mud at Southwick in 2009...at 45 years old.
John Dowd x2. Unbelievable mud rider. Privateer beating up Factory Guys, Yeah Baby! WoohooWoohooWoohoo
sozo
8/18/2014 6:12am
a special mention to Brock Hepler.... maybe not the greatest but very good...
Spydee
8/18/2014 6:19am Edited Date/Time 8/18/2014 6:19am
everts is the best mud rider - even the american magazines said so after the 98 mx des nations. Bearing in mind that dowd was a...

Crush wrote:

Foxhill is the gnarliest track I've ever raced at - and it was bone dry at the time. I couldn't imagine getting up those hills in the wet, it would be near impossible!
8/18/2014 6:54am

Crush wrote:

Spydee wrote:
Foxhill is the gnarliest track I've ever raced at - and it was bone dry at the time. I couldn't imagine getting up those hills in...
Foxhill is the gnarliest track I've ever raced at - and it was bone dry at the time. I couldn't imagine getting up those hills in the wet, it would be near impossible!
the mud race i did there they had to re- route the track half way through the day, missing one of the steepest hills out because people were struggling to get round!!

its not just the lack of grip thats the problem there- the ground is hard clay so when its wet it just sticks to your bike, making the bike weigh ALOT more than it did before you set off! i snapped my rear mudguard without crashing just from the weight underneath it. The 98 des nations conditions were way worse than the muddy race i did there too.

everts made it look way too easy that day!! how he kept getting up that hill every lap around all the fallen riders i will never know.
Spydee
8/18/2014 7:07am
the mud race i did there they had to re- route the track half way through the day, missing one of the steepest hills out because...
the mud race i did there they had to re- route the track half way through the day, missing one of the steepest hills out because people were struggling to get round!!

its not just the lack of grip thats the problem there- the ground is hard clay so when its wet it just sticks to your bike, making the bike weigh ALOT more than it did before you set off! i snapped my rear mudguard without crashing just from the weight underneath it. The 98 des nations conditions were way worse than the muddy race i did there too.

everts made it look way too easy that day!! how he kept getting up that hill every lap around all the fallen riders i will never know.
The sun was blinding everyone coming over the top of each hill when I was there and it was so dusty that you could barely see anything around the latter part of the track. I did spectacularly lose control coming down one of the hills and ended up in an Ambulance before the race ended mind, haha! Still, I was stoked just to have raced on a legendary track.

Post a reply to: Greatest mud rider

The Latest