Great vid from Leirop !!

9/1/2009 10:43am Edited Date/Time 1/23/2012 2:10pm
Don't ever compare Southwick to Leirop again !!
http://vimeo.com/6370597
|
Ewan
9/1/2009 11:01am Edited Date/Time 4/17/2016 1:55am
Nice cinematography.

For any one that thinks there man enough to ride proper sand, Lierop is available for practice on Wednesdays 3-7pm and Saturdays 1-5pm but you'll need to purchase a Dutch license in ordder to ride.
Titan
9/1/2009 11:49am Edited Date/Time 9/1/2009 11:52am
That's look about like a dry (not rained on)Southwick; a bit easier, but close...and those guys look slow!

The Shop

9/1/2009 12:17pm Edited Date/Time 9/1/2009 12:22pm
Titan wrote:
Southwick
Yup. My back yard looks rougher than Leirop.
Ewan
9/1/2009 12:29pm
Titan wrote:
Southwick
That was actually directed to my bud from Newcastle as Lierop is 100x nastier than our local sand track, Brampton.

However, if you're so insecure that you have to turn every fucking post into a US vs the world debate then roll on man.....

9/1/2009 12:37pm
Ha Ha, Cheers Ewan, been to Brampton many times and yes it is like a motorway compared to Leirop !
Did bait the hook a bit with the Southwick reference, and boy did they bite Ha Ha !!
SMITH201
9/1/2009 12:58pm
Nothing in that vid WOW'd me whatsoever. Usually in a RacerX post show or whatever you will see moments that impress you. In that vid however, i did not.
9/1/2009 1:58pm
SMITH201 wrote:
Nothing in that vid WOW'd me whatsoever. Usually in a RacerX post show or whatever you will see moments that impress you. In that vid however...
Nothing in that vid WOW'd me whatsoever. Usually in a RacerX post show or whatever you will see moments that impress you. In that vid however, i did not.
I suppose the action in that vid is a little tame, perhaps its because i like the Arctic Monkeys ! Perhaps you may be a little more impressed after watching a few laps of this ?
http://freecaster.tv/mx/1009183/braun-mx-gp-of-netherlands-mx1-race-1-r…
9/1/2009 1:58pm
SMITH201 wrote:
Nothing in that vid WOW'd me whatsoever. Usually in a RacerX post show or whatever you will see moments that impress you. In that vid however...
I suppose the action in that vid is a little tame, perhaps its because i like the Arctic Monkeys ! Perhaps you may be a little more impressed after watching a few laps of this ?
http://freecaster.tv/mx/1009183/braun-mx-gp-of-netherlands-mx1-race-1-r…
Snapper
9/1/2009 3:22pm
Why didn't Team USA come over for the des Nations at Lierop in 2004?
tobz
9/1/2009 3:50pm
Leirop makes Southwick look like a highway. There's nothing like it on the U.S Scene!
chussy
9/1/2009 4:57pm Edited Date/Time 4/17/2016 1:55am
Quite possibly the smoothest, easiest, no braking bumps, non sandy track in the world, I could ride that all day and not spill a single drop of sweat - piece of p*ss!

joe101uk
9/1/2009 6:44pm
Does anyone remember the article transworld done on Lommel ?....I think Lutes done it all but even he said that the USA has nothing like Lommel and Lierop.

To compare Southwick to Lierop really does show your knowledge in this sport.

I'd like to see John Dowd come and get a 3rd overall at Lierop.
wreckitrandy
9/1/2009 6:56pm
Well that proved it to me. The euro tracks are rougher. The moto's longer. The riders faster. The bikes tricker. Two, count 'em, two chicks holding up the boards. We would never get a race started with those odds.
curmudgeon
9/1/2009 7:26pm
That's funny, when I watch the Southwick race I was thinking "they call this a sandtrack?" Not very impressive at all.
mattbmx63
9/1/2009 8:29pm
That track looks like normal dirt, man made jumps and whoops, more wide open and not even close to southwick. Nice try, but thats not a sand track. Southwicks alot deeper, more like beach sand, tighter, mostly natural terrain with a couple jumps over hills, has a start that isn't on hardpacked grass and the only ones building whoops are the riders pounding out laps. The sad part is any local race at southwick is alot rougher than when the national is there. Am races there make you wish you never signed up.
teggers
9/1/2009 8:38pm Edited Date/Time 4/17/2016 1:55am
Leirop was the baddest sand track I have ever seen by about a factor of 10....that's from someone who grew up in racing in Florida.

Bad ass.....it was like thick fluid.

If I never have to watch another artsy MX Music video...it will be to soon.
curmudgeon
9/1/2009 8:48pm
mattbmx63 wrote:
That track looks like normal dirt, man made jumps and whoops, more wide open and not even close to southwick. Nice try, but thats not a...
That track looks like normal dirt, man made jumps and whoops, more wide open and not even close to southwick. Nice try, but thats not a sand track. Southwicks alot deeper, more like beach sand, tighter, mostly natural terrain with a couple jumps over hills, has a start that isn't on hardpacked grass and the only ones building whoops are the riders pounding out laps. The sad part is any local race at southwick is alot rougher than when the national is there. Am races there make you wish you never signed up.
Of course it's not close to Southwick dummy, it's in Europe.
9/2/2009 1:55am
You just can't beat a bit of toothy Tony Action
PaleBlue
9/2/2009 3:26am
mattbmx63 wrote:
That track looks like normal dirt, man made jumps and whoops, more wide open and not even close to southwick. Nice try, but thats not a...
HO,ho, you wouldn't be an amateur by any chance! yeah, those pro's just get it sooooo easy!

As to comparing Lierop with Southwick, so far all I've heard on here is bullshit! Why not try to get a comparison of both by a pro who has ridden them? there must be someone round here who has, surely?
Maber
9/2/2009 3:38am
mattbmx63 wrote:
That post is probably one of the greatest single displays of stupidity I've ever seen.

"Nice try but (Lierop's) not a sand track."

Classic.

joe101uk
9/2/2009 6:53am
Someone call on Sean Hamblin to come in here.

mattbmx63 we were just having a " fucking tosser " competition and i think you just won.
Brent
9/2/2009 9:57am
teggers wrote:
Leirop was the baddest sand track I have ever seen by about a factor of 10....that's from someone who grew up in racing in Florida. Bad...
Leirop was the baddest sand track I have ever seen by about a factor of 10....that's from someone who grew up in racing in Florida.

Why is it everybody who films motocross has to add some shitty music and art house editing?

Just show the damn dirt bikes with the sound that comes out of the pipe. Thats all I want.

The track looks badass, but the vid was almost unwatchable.
Titan
9/2/2009 10:17am
GP cheerleaders are so funny....
joe101uk
9/2/2009 11:17am
teggers wrote:
Leirop was the baddest sand track I have ever seen by about a factor of 10....that's from someone who grew up in racing in Florida. Bad...

Brent wrote:
Why is it everybody who films motocross has to add some shitty music and art house editing? Just show the damn dirt bikes with the sound...

Why is it everybody who films motocross has to add some shitty music and art house editing?

Just show the damn dirt bikes with the sound that comes out of the pipe. Thats all I want.

The track looks badass, but the vid was almost unwatchable.
Your right. I don't understand all the need for the music. I like hearing the bikes and the crowd, that stuff gives me goosebumps.

Post a reply to: Great vid from Leirop !!

The Latest