Great rut practice drills beside figure 8?

CatEyes MX
11/9/2020 8:27pm
I need to practice ruts more.
I can keep up with any B class rider on hard dirt but not on ruts.
I think the figure 8 is good, but kind of boring after a while.
And, I have really hard packed dirt on my land, so it is pretty hard to get a good rut going.
The problem with figure 8's is that they are the exact same. There is no variety.
|
JustMX
11/10/2020 3:10am
Ike deJager in the Carolinas had his students ride between parellel 4x4 boards placed in a track section to learn to hit a rut on straights
Forty
11/10/2020 3:50am
Ride Red Bud after the National.
Stevo683
11/10/2020 4:45am
CatEyes MX wrote:
I need to practice ruts more. I can keep up with any B class rider on hard dirt but not on ruts. I think the figure...
And, I have really hard packed dirt on my land, so it is pretty hard to get a good rut going.
The problem with figure 8's is that they are the exact same. There is no variety.
Ride a GP or off road race. I just rode a GP on Sunday. It was 48 Minutes of hundreds of rut filled turns..Great practice! My pro buddy helped me with them. Try to enter slower with your front brake into the rut..helped tremendously.

The Shop

mxracer816
Fantasy
2838th
11/10/2020 5:36am
CatEyes MX wrote:
I need to practice ruts more. I can keep up with any B class rider on hard dirt but not on ruts. I think the figure...
Buy yourself a rear tine tiller and till the shit out of your figure 8.
roninho
11/10/2020 5:48am
CatEyes MX wrote:
Yeah figure 8 kind of gets boring after a while, what i tend to do is extend the figure 8 into a longer path with different corners. Think of it becoming a bmx styled track without the jumps. since its such a short track it quickly becomes rutted. First evening of riding is 'investing' in creating the ruts, after that you have a nice training track.

I also feel that having a bunch of different corners is a better help with training switching the body position and stuff like that compared to just doing the figure at eight.
kb228
11/10/2020 6:04am
Turn tracks are really fun. You get all kinds of corners too. I know the dirt is hard but if youre serious its not expensive to till it up and form some permanent ruts
sandman768
11/10/2020 6:27am
Come to upstate NY.... that’s all we have is ruts.... I still suck at them 👍
spimx
11/10/2020 7:21am
When I was a kid we would ride Rio Bravo supercross track just because it was all beat up and rutted out during the early 2000s. Its a great way to get hurt hahahaha

Post a reply to: Great rut practice drills beside figure 8?

The Latest