Great job today by JT$

motoxer68
Fantasy
1513th
He has been getting more comfortable. I thought he really hit his stride today.
|
WoodsRacer
Fantasy
2889th
6/18/2022 6:18pm Edited Date/Time 6/18/2022 6:36pm
JT is great that's for sure. Obviously knowledgeable but what I really like is he sticks to the races. Short quick questions that are directly linked to the race.

Hate to be critical of the other trackside reporters but at times they have long winded story's for questions and that did annoy me. Save those for press conference or later. But during and directly after the race focus on the race.
NotCore
6/18/2022 6:38pm
Whole commenting crew was good today. Racing was fantastic! Production level and video quality not so much...
JustMX
6/18/2022 7:35pm
was cool to hear him thank his dad, who also was a pretty good motocrosser, and a cool guy.

The Shop

TbonesPop
Fantasy
405th
6/18/2022 7:39pm
JT is great, would love to have him as a full timer for both MX and SX
Darrin Willis
6/18/2022 8:01pm
I give him props. But he needs to stop wearing his sisters jeans.
mb60
6/18/2022 8:05pm
JT$$ is doing a great job. Imagine just having him and Blair do trackside.

To the point and throw it back to the Van.
OleTex
6/18/2022 8:32pm
JT$ has been $. Today he was on point with updates about the riders mid-moto.
TbonesPop
Fantasy
405th
6/18/2022 9:39pm
I dig JT trackside as noted above. But forgot to mention one thing of note though. When he finishes an interview, he doesn't say good luck, thanks, or any form of a sign off from the conversation. He just ends the conversation and walks away. That's a little awkward. Not complaining, just saying it seems a little awkward. Again, not a complaint, just an observation.
BAD10
6/19/2022 1:02am
JT has stated how nervous he was first round (couldn’t tell), but he has really settled in to the roll very quickly and is doing an amazing job! He sure picked it up quick.
fullfloater
Fantasy
10th
6/19/2022 2:27am
I was just thinking that and checked vital to see if there were any positive comments. I coach basketball and if I was coaching this team, Weege, Glover and JT would be staying on the court. Awesome.
MX690
6/19/2022 3:07am
TbonesPop wrote:
I dig JT trackside as noted above. But forgot to mention one thing of note though. When he finishes an interview, he doesn't say good luck...
I dig JT trackside as noted above. But forgot to mention one thing of note though. When he finishes an interview, he doesn't say good luck, thanks, or any form of a sign off from the conversation. He just ends the conversation and walks away. That's a little awkward. Not complaining, just saying it seems a little awkward. Again, not a complaint, just an observation.
Yes I noticed this as well, and every time I found myself waiting for "and thanks Lars" or who ever he was interviewing. The interviewees didn't seem to know if the interview was over or not and kind of just awkwardly moved away. Not a big deal but noticeable.
shuggs
6/19/2022 3:32am
WoodsRacer wrote:
JT is great that's for sure. Obviously knowledgeable but what I really like is he sticks to the races. Short quick questions that are directly linked...
JT is great that's for sure. Obviously knowledgeable but what I really like is he sticks to the races. Short quick questions that are directly linked to the race.

Hate to be critical of the other trackside reporters but at times they have long winded story's for questions and that did annoy me. Save those for press conference or later. But during and directly after the race focus on the race.
What you mean Will and her ‘I was talking to blah blah’ which could be condensed into a lot shorter version.

For those that question his abruptness could it not be he understands the teams priority is the race and a quick interview takes them away from that and don’t want to miss anything? Most of the time he is interviewing someone from a front runners team.
Hammer 663s
6/19/2022 7:54am Edited Date/Time 6/19/2022 7:55am
I was critical after round 1. He has improved, and has more room to get better. Mid-year he will hit his stride and be excellent. Some good feedback here JT$ - hopefully you read it, watch the show, and make the few minor changes needed to become really solid. #1 plate coming......
TbonesPop
Fantasy
405th
6/19/2022 8:02am
WoodsRacer wrote:
JT is great that's for sure. Obviously knowledgeable but what I really like is he sticks to the races. Short quick questions that are directly linked...

shuggs wrote:
What you mean Will and her ‘I was talking to blah blah’ which could be condensed into a lot shorter version. For those that question his...
What you mean Will and her ‘I was talking to blah blah’ which could be condensed into a lot shorter version.

For those that question his abruptness could it not be he understands the teams priority is the race and a quick interview takes them away from that and don’t want to miss anything? Most of the time he is interviewing someone from a front runners team.
Rewatch the AC222 interview, which was good. But JT$ walks away with no sign off and then the camera man stays on AC222 and the other guy for another 60-90 seconds. Really awkward. Great questions and good info from the interview. Very professional, just no sign off. Makes me wonder if its intentional. I am really digging JT$ though as the trackside guy. He's also great in the booth in the GPs. Need more JT$. Good dude.
Crush
6/19/2022 9:43am
They’re cutting too him quite a bit which is great, giving us a chance to hear some different voices mid-race, and JT is asking good questions, nice change of pace.
Richy
6/19/2022 9:49am Edited Date/Time 6/19/2022 9:49am
Doing a stand up job, there was never any doubt over how knowledgeable he is, so it's good to see how he's handling the actual job.

His little headshot in the little box on the left of the screen looks pretty amusing though, being straight on and with how sharp it's cropped and whatnot, does look funny, like how Daniel Blair's equivalent pic on the SX broadcast makes him look like some Toad of Toad Hall big wig (DB is also excellent, it's no diss on their talents)
Sawfish
6/19/2022 10:08am Edited Date/Time 6/19/2022 10:09am
JT is doing a great job but I think he is holding himself back out of respect for the time of the professionals he is interviewing. He is quick and it comes across as nervous. You can tell he’s trying to not be annoying media guy. Great job nonetheless and it’s refreshing to have someone in that spot that’s raced on this level and can relate first hand.
Elbows
Fantasy
1171st
6/19/2022 10:44am
TbonesPop wrote:
I dig JT trackside as noted above. But forgot to mention one thing of note though. When he finishes an interview, he doesn't say good luck...
I noticed that also and thought it was strange but overall he did a great job.
ProKawi24
6/19/2022 1:35pm
TbonesPop wrote:
I agree. He's doing a fantastic job but when he's done talking to someone it always feels awkward when he just stops talking or walks away. I keep waiting for him to say thanks or good luck, etc. but then it just ends and I'm kinda like "ok...is it over?" lol.
lestat
6/19/2022 1:50pm
WoodsRacer wrote:

Nailed it .

Post a reply to: Great job today by JT$

The Latest