Great Story: Badass from the Bronx racing the Nationals

HusqFan3
Edited Date/Time 6/6/2021 11:46am
Talk about a great story... Rashidi Kerrison, a badass from the Bronx doing whatever it takes to try to make a run at the nationals? Love it! Wish he had a go fund me or something similar setup so i could chip in to support him.

Here's a link to the interview for anyone that's interested: https://youtu.be/1Niv8bkeyr8

Question: Interview took place at thunder valley but i can't seem to find him listed anywhere on the time qualifying sheets. Anyone know why or am i just an idiot and overlooking?
|
tuttle425
6/5/2021 10:55am
HusqFan3 wrote:
Talk about a great story... Rashidi Kerrison, a badass from the Bronx doing whatever it takes to try to make a run at the nationals? Love...
Talk about a great story... Rashidi Kerrison, a badass from the Bronx doing whatever it takes to try to make a run at the nationals? Love it! Wish he had a go fund me or something similar setup so i could chip in to support him.

Here's a link to the interview for anyone that's interested: https://youtu.be/1Niv8bkeyr8

Question: Interview took place at thunder valley but i can't seem to find him listed anywhere on the time qualifying sheets. Anyone know why or am i just an idiot and overlooking?
He's in there. Group B.
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3730th
6/5/2021 11:17am
HusqFan3 wrote:
Talk about a great story... Rashidi Kerrison, a badass from the Bronx doing whatever it takes to try to make a run at the nationals? Love...

6/5/2021 11:29am Edited Date/Time 6/5/2021 11:35am
It's an awesome story...he is a true badass for sure. But YOU could certainly leave out "A Minority" why even mention/say that? We would want him repping some Moto XXX swag and have DM'd him. For sure not telling him "we are so stoked to see you..a minority rider from the Bronx, racing MX...just told him he's fuckin badass and we like his style...

Enjoy this fine raceday

Bummer for Troll Train...MX is gnarly!

Oh and by the way, we just hooked up this kid from India with a Moto XXX package...ya, a kid from India! Pretty rad, found out about him through Robbie Maddo

Check him out and give him a follow on Instagram > @raheesh.khatri

www.motoxxx.com

www.instagram.com/motoxxxofficial

The Shop

plowboy
6/5/2021 11:56am
This is EXACTLY what real moto is about. I dig his attitude. No idea where his skill level is but I WILL be rooting for him.
HusqFan3
6/5/2021 12:08pm
Looks like he qualified P20 in 450 B Qualifying 2. Cool story, good for him. [img]https://i.gyazo.com/5b3a8c38590e24c15ba5562d7077a4f8.png[/img]
Looks like he qualified P20 in 450 B Qualifying 2. Cool story, good for him.

Wow, apparently i need glasses... Thx!
JohnnyD13
6/5/2021 12:21pm
It's an awesome story...he is a true badass for sure. But YOU could certainly leave out "A Minority" why even mention/say that? We would want him...
It's an awesome story...he is a true badass for sure. But YOU could certainly leave out "A Minority" why even mention/say that? We would want him repping some Moto XXX swag and have DM'd him. For sure not telling him "we are so stoked to see you..a minority rider from the Bronx, racing MX...just told him he's fuckin badass and we like his style...

Enjoy this fine raceday

Oh and by the way, we just hooked up this kid from India with a Moto XXX package...ya, a kid from India! Pretty rad, found out about him through Robbie Maddo

www.motoxxx.com

I agree. I did like his shirt though. I would buy that. I’ve ridden with him a few times here in ga. He’s a bull dog and a hustler. The roached out bike isn’t a ploy.
HusqFan3
6/5/2021 12:27pm
It's an awesome story...he is a true badass for sure. But YOU could certainly leave out "A Minority" why even mention/say that? We would want him...

Enjoy this fine raceday

www.motoxxx.com

Uh, probably because it's A) factual Cool minorities are underrepresented in the sport so makes for a cooler story than "another white dude is riding the nationals" C) more diversity is great for the sport...

If i made an idiotic, non-sensical comment like "he's really good rider for a minority" then your comment would be warranted.
TeamGreen
6/5/2021 12:40pm
That dude's head is in the right place. I hope he gets some points and achieves his dream.
6/5/2021 6:39pm
HusqFan3 wrote:
Uh, probably because it's A) factual B) minorities are underrepresented in the sport so makes for a cooler story than "another white dude is riding the...
Uh, probably because it's A) factual Cool minorities are underrepresented in the sport so makes for a cooler story than "another white dude is riding the nationals" C) more diversity is great for the sport...

If i made an idiotic, non-sensical comment like "he's really good rider for a minority" then your comment would be warranted.
You know WGAF about skin color? Racists do.
In what world does skin color make something, like sports (MX in this case) better? Is there a value scale with 1 color being the highest and 1 the lowest? Are people so racist that they won't watch unless someone who happens to have the same skin tone is in the race?
Dirtydeeds
Fantasy
2888th
6/5/2021 6:44pm
To me they’re all the same color when their helmets are on. When they’re off, they’re all the same color to me too.
TeamGreen
6/5/2021 7:13pm
I believe his entry read Manhattan, NY...let me check...
Yup! It does.
The thread could have been: A Dude from Manhattan, NY is racing The Nationals

But, hey, that’s just me. Denzel Washington has some great thoughts on the matter...

“I’m very proud to be black, but black is not all I am. That’s my cultural historical background, my genetic makeup, but it’s not all of who I am nor is it the basis from which I answer every question.”

Listening to Rashidi‘s interview, I heard about a dude that lived in “The Big City” & made all the moves necessary to become a racer.

Pure Passion
Pure Privateer
Nairb#70
6/5/2021 7:23pm
If you lived in Brooklyn or Manhattan you would most likely race D-34 or MSC (metroplitan sports committe) events, which are some of the most well run races and nice tracks around. Sounds like he jetted that scene though.
jk367
6/5/2021 7:24pm
Bad ass shirt he’s wearing. Go get em dude
Broseph
6/5/2021 8:05pm Edited Date/Time 6/5/2021 8:33pm
HusqFan3 wrote:

He’s not “a minority”. He’s a badass human being doing badass stuff on a dirt bike who happens to have a different story than most. And I agree, it is a great story.

Would you address him “oh hey minority” if you met him at the track? If you saw him from a distance, would you say “hey look, it’s a minority!” I sure hope not. But that’s basically how you worded it in this thread. Come on dude, see past the superficial.

To me, saying “a minority did this” or “a minority did that” just sounds dehumanizing. I know that was not your intent. Just trying to explain the reactions you’re getting to the thread title and first post.
Motoxdoc
6/5/2021 8:22pm
His shirt is absolutely hilarious!
6/5/2021 8:50pm
Smart move to not diss the #bikelife movement. Would suck to get his race bike stolen.
visser62
6/5/2021 10:44pm
Addressing him as "a minority" is a little strange but it's not racist to say that it's good to have more black people partaking in our sport. Motocross is very white, and any environment benefits from having more people with different cultural backgrounds and experiences. Cool to see someone from NYC, too, don't have that very often. Moto is a great sport and I want to see everyone around the world get more involved.
B Lenny
6/5/2021 10:57pm
Smart move to not diss the #bikelife movement. Would suck to get his race bike stolen.
Jesus...Dry
peltier626
6/6/2021 6:19am
Seems like a cool dude that can articulate himself well, living his dream and motivated. He took the route less traveled and made it happen. Wish him the best.
motomike137
6/6/2021 6:34am
Nice story. I'll be watching for him and rooting him on at REDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD BUDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD!!!!!!!!
jbrow125
6/6/2021 10:52am
I like this guy a lot! Hope to see more of him. Maybe Matthes can do a privateer pod on him, maybe have him on instead of kattywampus himself sometime. Title of this thread sucks, and the shirt was awesome! Good luck to the badass, articulate, privateer!! Hope to see/hear more from him.
HusqFan3
6/6/2021 11:46am
HusqFan3 wrote:

Broseph wrote:
He’s not “a minority”. He’s a badass human being doing badass stuff on a dirt bike who happens to have a different story than most. And...
He’s not “a minority”. He’s a badass human being doing badass stuff on a dirt bike who happens to have a different story than most. And I agree, it is a great story.

Would you address him “oh hey minority” if you met him at the track? If you saw him from a distance, would you say “hey look, it’s a minority!” I sure hope not. But that’s basically how you worded it in this thread. Come on dude, see past the superficial.

To me, saying “a minority did this” or “a minority did that” just sounds dehumanizing. I know that was not your intent. Just trying to explain the reactions you’re getting to the thread title and first post.
Of course i wouldn't and definitely misconstruing my intent but point well taken. Fixed it.

Post a reply to: Great Story: Badass from the Bronx racing the Nationals

The Latest