Great Job Dean Wilson

three9zero
4/22/2012 8:33am Edited Date/Time 4/22/2012 1:37pm
Your end of race interview shows the world and your future sponsors how great of a person, and an ADULT you have become. Jackie, Andy and Mitch can be very proud of you. I really was impressed by Dean's "live by the sword, die by sword", no bullshit interview with Erin. He was obviously in pain, and a bit bummed, but his ability to be a professional at a moment like that is something that perhaps "TWO,TWO" Monster Energy Kawi, or another top team will be looking for.
Monster, Pro Circuit, Kawasaki, Thor, Scott, Vans, TRaxxas and Toyota of Escondito are getting their ROI with this young adult.
Also us Calgarians are pulling for you Dean...
3 Kawasakis in my garage because of you.......
|
sozo
4/22/2012 8:40am
What about Tomac ? I thought equaly as good but did possibly better, delt with 3 hit then he said 3 strikes you out....
three9zero
4/22/2012 9:16am Edited Date/Time 4/22/2012 9:17am
sozo wrote:
What about Tomac ? I thought equaly as good but did possibly better, delt with 3 hit then he said 3 strikes you out....
My post was referring to how Dean acted after the checkered flag flew, and how he acted during his interview on live television.
4/22/2012 9:23am
gained respect for him for sure. handled it like a champion. both of them.
4/22/2012 9:51am
sozo wrote:
three9zero wrote:
My post was referring to how Dean acted after the checkered flag flew, and how he acted during his interview on live television.
Yes, and his post was on how Tomac handled himself during his interview on live television. I'm a fan of both these riders, but Tomac moved up on my list from this encounter. I'm glad neither of them whined about anything, but Wilson started to say "he really cleaned me out" or something, and I think when he watches the film he'll find Tomac was actually just trying to turn under him but wasn't able to keep the bike on line well enough. Somebody as smart as Tomac doesn't want to roll the dice with a collision like that, there's too many things that can go wrong. Given the choice Tomac will always go for no contact racing, but I'm glad he didn't get knocked down in that collision. I like Dean, and I'm glad he didn't whine about it afterwords, but the way he raced the first few laps of that race, he should really re-evaluate his approach to this championship. If you go around taking every opportunity to try and take your opponent out, you have to expect it to come back at you, and you can't win the championship if you're on the ground.

The Shop

Bellone
4/22/2012 10:07am
sozo wrote:
three9zero wrote:
Another Trevon Martin case! Look out for everyone not just your own, DOG!
JCRF217
4/22/2012 11:04am
Wilson had it comming though, he tried to take tomac out two or three times before tomac did any back. I think tomac was the better person last night.
cmess77
4/22/2012 11:08am
JCRF217 wrote:
Wilson had it comming though, he tried to take tomac out two or three times before tomac did any back. I think tomac was the better...
Wilson had it comming though, he tried to take tomac out two or three times before tomac did any back. I think tomac was the better person last night.
Dean only made contact with Eli once, that was the time before the triple, and they only just barely clipped each other's tires. The time after the finished line they didn't even get within a foot of each other. He still should have just raced forward, he allowed Eli to catch back up with all of his shenanigans.
crf250pilot
4/22/2012 11:20am Edited Date/Time 4/22/2012 11:30am
Sorry three9zero, but hugging Dean's nuts is not going to make him ride for Canada at the next MXDN. Just kidding, both riders were well composed and I hope Dean isn't hurt. Those two are the only thing keeping the suspense leading to Las Vegas this year.
4/22/2012 12:38pm
Sorry three9zero, but hugging Dean's nuts is not going to make him ride for Canada at the next MXDN. Just kidding, both riders were well composed...
Sorry three9zero, but hugging Dean's nuts is not going to make him ride for Canada at the next MXDN. Just kidding, both riders were well composed and I hope Dean isn't hurt. Those two are the only thing keeping the suspense leading to Las Vegas this year.
Deano is hurt according to RacerX:

"While Sipes continued to log smooth laps up front, the collision hurt both Wilson and Tomac. Wilson got up in sixth but dislocated his shoulder in the crash. He struggled to hang on, but gritted through the pain and finished seventh. Tomac also lost his pace due to a broken shifter, which left him stuck in third gear and slipping his clutch to keep from stalling. Finally he jammed the shifter into second, which saved the clutch but slowed him. As he lost time, he fell into a huge battle for third between Lucas Oil Troy Lee Designs Honda’s Cole Seely, Red Bull KTM’s Marvin Musquin and GEICO Honda’s Wil Hahn."

Link
TbonesPop
Fantasy
360th
4/22/2012 12:59pm
cmess77 wrote:
Dean only made contact with Eli once, that was the time before the triple, and they only just barely clipped each other's tires. The time after...
Dean only made contact with Eli once, that was the time before the triple, and they only just barely clipped each other's tires. The time after the finished line they didn't even get within a foot of each other. He still should have just raced forward, he allowed Eli to catch back up with all of his shenanigans.
I think some folks need to go back and watch the race over a few times. The reason that the contact from Deano was minimal on both accounts was because Eli saw it was coming and chose to minimize or avoid the contact by adjusting his line. Deano ran Eli really high on the first one and had Eli held his line, there would have been significant contact. Then when Deano did run Eli off, Eli chose to take the line off the track as opposed to taking a hard hit and possibly losing more spots or even worse - there was a very convenient gap in the tough blocks right where it happened. Then when Eli punted Deano, there was a little kicker at the beginning of the turn that hindered Eli's line and thus made the contact a lot worse than intended (keep in mind, these guys know that when contact occurs, there is a greater risk of damaging the bikes and possibly DNF'ing). Don't get me wrong. I think this racing is fantastic. I love it when the riders get a little physical - only as long as it doesn't hinder the rest of the race (or future races). in all the cases, I think there was full intent by both riders to have some "healthy bangin". But I don't think either is trying to take the other out of the championship. There's a championship on the line and a lot of money, I'd be doing the same thing. To me, these were all racing incidents that just show how bad 2 different riders want to win. good for them. As far as retaliation or feeling sorry, etc, screw that. Neither of those two kids are pricks. They just want to win. Neither was right, neither was wrong. I respect both of them equally and greatly appreciate the passion for the sport as well as the will to do what it takes to win.
exsarg
4/22/2012 1:11pm
three9zero wrote:
Your end of race interview shows the world and your future sponsors how great of a person, and an ADULT you have become. Jackie, Andy and...
Your end of race interview shows the world and your future sponsors how great of a person, and an ADULT you have become. Jackie, Andy and Mitch can be very proud of you. I really was impressed by Dean's "live by the sword, die by sword", no bullshit interview with Erin. He was obviously in pain, and a bit bummed, but his ability to be a professional at a moment like that is something that perhaps "TWO,TWO" Monster Energy Kawi, or another top team will be looking for.
Monster, Pro Circuit, Kawasaki, Thor, Scott, Vans, TRaxxas and Toyota of Escondito are getting their ROI with this young adult.
Also us Calgarians are pulling for you Dean...
3 Kawasakis in my garage because of you.......
im canadian and am pulling for eli!!!
Madmax31
Fantasy
128th
4/22/2012 1:37pm
I like deano but he had it coming. Eli was faster.

Post a reply to: Great Job Dean Wilson

The Latest