Great Dungey story

Related:
Create New Tag

3/22/2019 7:11 PM

This all occurred a few years ago and I've never mentioned it. This is the short version: My sister had a friend who's child was dying. This childs favorite motocross racer was Ryan Dungey. My sister calls me about it (like I have connections) and I told her to start calling and try to make it all the way to Dungey. Well she did. In short order he agreed to go see this kid. Tickets bought and date set. Unfortunately the kid died that night. I'm not sure Dungey would even want this story shared but I think it's pretty amazing. Guy B, if you think this is inappropriate please delete, I just thought it was worth mentioning.

|

3/22/2019 7:53 PM

Heartwarming and sad...Dungey seems like a stand up guy.

|

3/23/2019 6:54 AM

Damn Mr. G, that is pretty heavy...what a bummer deal.

GodSpeed little one.

|

-OC
"Feed The Bull"
Twitter: @ocscottie | Facebook

3/23/2019 8:26 AM

Who the fuck downvoted this?

|

3/23/2019 8:28 AM

theprizefighter wrote:

Tomac 2017 fans

|

3/23/2019 8:34 AM

theprizefighter wrote:

cameron96 wrote:

Tomac 2017 fans

Im a Tomac fan but would never down vote that. Pretty much heartless to downvote that.

Dungey and Canard were the class of the field for nice guys. Tomac seems like a genuinely good guy too despite some saying him/his family is stuck up.

|

3/23/2019 8:45 AM

theprizefighter wrote:

cameron96 wrote:

Tomac 2017 fans

mx 219 wrote:

Im a Tomac fan but would never down vote that. Pretty much heartless to downvote that.

Dungey and Canard were the class of ...more

Yea 100%. Just sayin a lot of people hated dunge for winning few races that year..

|

3/23/2019 8:58 AM

Thanks OC. Been sitting on this story for a long time.

|

3/23/2019 9:26 AM

cameron96 wrote:

Tomac 2017 fans

mx 219 wrote:

Dungey and Canard were the class of ...more

cameron96 wrote:

Yea 100%. Just sayin a lot of people hated dunge for winning few races that year..

I liked both but at that point in time i liked Tomac more for that reason, he seemd to ride more aggressive and seemed to me like he wanted the title more and he rode like it...except nyc.

|

3/23/2019 10:13 AM

theprizefighter wrote:

Maybe they were sad the kid didn’t make it. Terrible.
Life is cruel man.

|

3/23/2019 10:43 AM

theprizefighter wrote:

Camduhman212 wrote:

Maybe they were sad the kid didn’t make it. Terrible.
Life is cruel man.

This is a post where I can't thumbs up or down. It's awesome Dungey was going to do a good thing, but the end result is a big bummer.

|

3/23/2019 11:34 AM
Edited Date/Time: 3/23/2019 11:35 AM

I am a big hockey fan and players visiting hospitals and terminally ill kids is not uncommon. They are doing a great deed and making the best of a horrible situation. You don't hear a lot about the dying part of the story, but that is obviously part of the deal. I have even seen a few stories were a player strikes up a friendship with a young fan and their family. It must be rewarding but also very painful for them in the end.

|

3/23/2019 11:42 AM

I would Guess the Thumbs Down comes from the Title
Saying Great Story , and than it being kind of a sad story.
I mean Dungey is a stand up guy it was awsome on his part
And im a Big fan personally, but the story is really sad.

|

3/23/2019 12:21 PM

Actually it's "Great Dungey story" but yea, pretty sad. Maybe I shouldn't have posted it

|

3/23/2019 12:26 PM

Mr. G wrote:

Actually it's "Great Dungey story" but yea, pretty sad. Maybe I shouldn't have posted it

I dont think its Bad that you posted it , i kinda just didn't think the headline fit but its all good.

|

3/23/2019 4:39 PM

The kid died knowing that Dungey was doing something for him? If that's the case then there is at least that. It is sad. Dungey has a lot of heart.

|

3/23/2019 4:57 PM

Sluggo77 wrote:

I am a big hockey fan and players visiting hospitals and terminally ill kids is not uncommon. They are doing a great deed and ...more

Jason zucker of the wild comes to mind. He became such a friend of a kid named tucker that he and his wife were very sad when he passed but his charity has a lot to do with him.

Dungey during the Minneapolis supercross brought a kid to do the fire button at the starting gate.

|

3/24/2019 6:45 AM

theprizefighter wrote:

Pry accidental downvotes in cell phone.

|

3/24/2019 5:18 PM

theprizefighter wrote:

tprice07 wrote:

Pry accidental downvotes in cell phone.

Or communist