Great Britain removed from MXGP calender

Edited Date/Time 7/12/2019 3:36pm
It's bad enough not hosting a USGP, and yet they host rounds in China and even Indonesia TWICE. They can barely even fill an entire gate. The GB Grand Prix always has a huge turnout and the gates are packed.
|
Barrett57
7/9/2019 5:50am Edited Date/Time 7/9/2019 5:51am
Who wants to race Matterly Basin when you can race around some dusty, soulless shithole in Asia or Turkey instead?
Motocrossjunky
Fantasy
1180th
7/9/2019 5:51am Edited Date/Time 7/9/2019 6:00am
Also The Netherlands TBA, would be a proper shit show if it’s going to be Assen instead of Valkenswaard.
Beeby
7/9/2019 5:55am Edited Date/Time 7/9/2019 5:55am
When it moved to the earlier date this year I feared this might happen. Dixon made it sound like he was on board with the idea of a GP in (basically) winter but it felt to me like that was the only slot they would let him have. The promoter is going wherever there is money to be made, clearly the UK wasn’t profitable enough

The Shop

7/9/2019 6:03am
Beeby wrote:
When it moved to the earlier date this year I feared this might happen. Dixon made it sound like he was on board with the idea...
When it moved to the earlier date this year I feared this might happen. Dixon made it sound like he was on board with the idea of a GP in (basically) winter but it felt to me like that was the only slot they would let him have. The promoter is going wherever there is money to be made, clearly the UK wasn’t profitable enough
It's nuts because there's always a huge turnout here. It's a shame, I understand they're trying to expand the sport but not hosting rounds in the UK and US is criminal!
Last Braaap
Fantasy
4358th
7/9/2019 6:23am
Also The Netherlands TBA, would be a proper shit show if it’s going to be Assen instead of Valkenswaard.
MAKE LIEROP GREAT AGAIN!!!

btw. Is the track still operational? I read some news like 3 years ago they got some issues with local shitheads and they were facing the threat of closing down.
RG1
7/9/2019 6:32am
Lost for words to be honest. Although I shouldn’t be because YS have been making this kind of shit decision for years. According Steve Dixon the promoter of the British GP, it was a YS decision to not have a British GP, and not his decision. This calendar is an absolute joke, there’s at least 7 rounds on there that don’t deserve a GP. Absolutely pathetic
Natester551v
7/9/2019 6:38am
Giuseppe couldn't squeeze enough cheddar from GB to satisfy his fat Italian arse....he's a shakedown artist, nothing more. FIM are complicit...
Last Braaap
Fantasy
4358th
7/9/2019 6:40am Edited Date/Time 7/9/2019 6:40am
Motofinne wrote:
What the hell is EMX OPEN? A new class?
idk what ronniemacwannabe is talking about. EMX OPEN already exists!!!!

http://www.fim-europe.eu/events/743

It is more likely Championship of former eastern block country riders. Klemen Gerčar & Jan Pancar from Slovenia, Martin Michek & Petr Michalec from Czech Rep. and other guys from Ukraine, Croatia, etc. riding on tracks that host EMX65, EMX85 regional qualifiers.

Basically Remnants of shitshow that was MX3 WCH but this time not under YS.
Fraser
7/9/2019 6:51am
Don't forget Youthstream was bought out by Infront this year, who's CEO is Phillippe Blatter. Nephew of the most corrupt man in world sport. Its always going to be about maximizing profits from now on. Seeing as the only TV coverage we now get to see in the UK is race 2 of mxgp shown some hours later, there's clear no interest in providing a product for the fans. 4 of them have no venues yet so expect them to change. Massive shame no British GP, shame on you Guiseppe.

Turkey for the final round? Whats the point of that? Unless you're very close in the points at that stage there'll be no point in going.
RG1
7/9/2019 6:53am
Why ERNEE again?

They obviously decided all the other tracks weren’t narrow enough
ehr400
7/9/2019 7:23am
China? Lol. Indonesia? Lol. 20 people on the gate? Joke. Go to these dumps instead of the USA, Austrailia, GB, Canada? Hard to take these guys serious when they year after year pull this shit schedule.
Whitey
7/9/2019 7:30am
So much for the Perth Australia round that was supposedly announced at the Pommie gp this year too.

Wonder where the TBA round is? Afghanistan? South Pole? Bora Bora?
Motofinne
7/9/2019 7:31am
Whitey wrote:
So much for the Perth Australia round that was supposedly announced at the Pommie gp this year too. Wonder where the TBA round is? Afghanistan? South...
So much for the Perth Australia round that was supposedly announced at the Pommie gp this year too.

Australia, according to MX Vice. It's TBA because the deal isn't finished.
7/9/2019 7:54am
For all Brits, there might be an opening in the schedule the last weekend in August. I won’t believe there will be a Finnish round until I’m there.
Adam43
7/9/2019 7:54am
Giuseppe will do what Giuseppe does - chase bribes and kickbacks across the globe and stage races in Indonesian parking lots if needed.

The teams are the only ones with power to push back. If there really is no British GP, you can hold them to account as well.
Sir
7/9/2019 8:08am Edited Date/Time 7/9/2019 10:18am
So the country that invented the sport of motocross (originally known as scrambling) looks like its getting shafted by that abhorrent and vile greedy little shitface! along with other establishing countries and classic tracks that helped shape the World Motocross Championship.

Why are riders,teams and promoters allowing this rape of a great sport and championship to continue? It beggars belief and as a previous poster noted the FIM are very much complicit in this. So much for the new FIM management.
GrapeApe
Fantasy
760th
7/9/2019 8:13am
Adam43 wrote:
Giuseppe will do what Giuseppe does - chase bribes and kickbacks across the globe and stage races in Indonesian parking lots if needed. The teams are...
Giuseppe will do what Giuseppe does - chase bribes and kickbacks across the globe and stage races in Indonesian parking lots if needed.

The teams are the only ones with power to push back. If there really is no British GP, you can hold them to account as well.
I'm surprised GB lost its GP, but don't assume the manufacturers are against the Indonesian races:

https://www.bikesrepublic.com/featured/indonesia-was-largest-motorcycle-market-in-asean-in-2018/
7/9/2019 8:27am
Adam43 wrote:
Giuseppe will do what Giuseppe does - chase bribes and kickbacks across the globe and stage races in Indonesian parking lots if needed. The teams are...

GrapeApe wrote:
I'm surprised GB lost its GP, but don't assume the manufacturers are against the Indonesian races:

https://www.bikesrepublic.com/featured/indonesia-was-largest-motorcycle-market-in-asean-in-2018/
And how many of them buy dirt bikes? Hardly any would be my guess. A quick google search said the average Indonesian earns $280 per month.
Bearuno
7/9/2019 8:47am
Whitey wrote:
So much for the Perth Australia round that was supposedly announced at the Pommie gp this year too. Wonder where the TBA round is? Afghanistan? South...

Motofinne wrote:
Australia, according to MX Vice. It's TBA because the deal isn't finished.
I for one hope it doesn't come here - not if it's at that bloody Trotting track by the river. Good grief, it would be the absolute worst of the 'pop up' tracks that have become part of the GPs, We'd be the laughing stock of MX, especially when there's Manijimup / Cosy Creek, that is said to be run by the erstwhile OZ promoter.

Dixon ( and his helpers) have put on a truly great GP for many years now. With an Axe held over their heads by Giuseppe, through, I daresay, ever increasing demands for more money from Dixon (Giuseppe and his son, Davide, are still at the helm despite Infront now 'owning' things - what a combination of Crooks , the Luongos and a Blatter), he may have finally not come up with more ransom money. It's terrible, terrible news.

NVA57 : "Thought the promoter said Assen would hold the nations and then be done with it?"

That would be good. Now, there's a good chance that at the Des Nations this year the stands and the embankments before it ( which are, combined, said to be able to accommodate 60,000) will be chockers, but not at a MXGP. The Netherlands have so many great tracks to choose from, and don't need a 'pop up' track.

As for EMX Open - a good idea, I think. Especially if it, like the EMX250 class, allows 2ts and 4ts. 300s could be used, one would hope. And, if it were Not to have an age limit on it, would be good, but, I don't hold out much hope for that. I doubt that is a re-introduction of the MX3 capacities of up to 500cc 2ts, and up to 650cc(?) 4ts, but hey, "Open" implies 'Open'....................

7/9/2019 8:49am
This is why even as a Brit I have and always will prefer to view American Motocross/Supercross even if it does mean staying up until 4am to watch the races. Was never a huge fan of the GP's but I did enjoy going to the races but now I've got a reason not too. Shame on the organisers.
RG1
7/9/2019 8:52am
Adam43 wrote:

GrapeApe wrote:

Those people are buying mopeds, not dirtbikes. I’m sure if you asked all the companies on the advertising banners around the track where the majority of their sales are made, Indonesia and the surrounding areas would be nowhere
stantdm
7/9/2019 9:08am
I cannot fathom a mx GP season without a British locale having a race. Shame on the series organizers.

Post a reply to: Great Britain removed from MXGP calender

The Latest