Graphics Templates vs Free Design?

Hi guys, I know this subject has been discussed already but here it's slightly different !

I am looking to gather some templates (.EPS format) for MX Graphics.
I have done a Rockstar HVA 2019 Edition already, drawing the entire outlines myself.

I am willing to offer a FREE graphic design of your choice as long as you can provide me the template that can be bought for around 25$ at http://realitydesign.com.au/motocross-templates/

I work under illustrator vectorial images under CMYK colors.

I see this as a win-win situation if anyone has the need !

Thanks riders
|
3/5/2019 11:19am
The only people with the templates you want already do their own art, because they own and operate graphic companies.

I’d suggest talking to SKDA about a wholesale program, which I know they do. but I do not know if it includes templates. Good luck in moto decals, it’s highly competitive.
3/5/2019 11:32am
The only people with the templates you want already do their own art, because they own and operate graphic companies. I’d suggest talking to SKDA about...
The only people with the templates you want already do their own art, because they own and operate graphic companies.

I’d suggest talking to SKDA about a wholesale program, which I know they do. but I do not know if it includes templates. Good luck in moto decals, it’s highly competitive.
Yeah you're kinda right, but maybe someone would be able to print it easily but doesn't have the knowledge to do the design and thus would be interested.

And I do not really plan to start selling graphics as a living there's already a bunch of people doing it !
kary
3/5/2019 11:44am
If you want I've got the templates for the 2018/2019 CRF and the late YZ models !
3/5/2019 11:47am
kary wrote:
If you want I've got the templates for the 2018/2019 CRF and the late YZ models !
Do you have the YZ250F 2014-2018 template?

The Shop

3/5/2019 12:10pm
kary wrote:
Just sent you an inbox !
Premix
3/5/2019 1:31pm
Split will sell you the template. At least they did for me. I think I paid 40-50 bucks.

I got tired of getting jerked around with shitty design work and service from graphic companies and am decent with AI so I just did them myself, sent to a company I work with to print them. Done deal.
3/5/2019 5:52pm
The only people with the templates you want already do their own art, because they own and operate graphic companies. I’d suggest talking to SKDA about...

MOTO_X_117 wrote:
Yeah you're kinda right, but maybe someone would be able to print it easily but doesn't have the knowledge to do the design and thus would...
Yeah you're kinda right, but maybe someone would be able to print it easily but doesn't have the knowledge to do the design and thus would be interested.

And I do not really plan to start selling graphics as a living there's already a bunch of people doing it !
Agreed...the print/lam/cut is the easy part. Good design is invaluable. We have bought some of the "online" templates for $30 each and they are usually not very precise. I'd suggest you first print/cut out a set on low tack vinyl to check fitment before printing on the good stuff.
mcjoy73
2/8/2022 12:50am
kary wrote:
Do you have the YZ250F 2014-2018 template?
Can you send it to my email info@dvcdesign.nl
Grouper
2/13/2022 1:12pm
Hi everyone. Mild resurrection. I want the template for the gasgas front fender to make my own front fender decals. Can anyone help out? I would appreciate the support.
2/13/2022 10:52pm
Ha ha, if you're buying from one of these 'online templates shops', you're joking. They are rough scans of pictures from Google, Vectorized, and sold. You're a sucker if you buy them. Selling them to someone else is criminal. If you accept substandard... keep 'em for yourself. Most of the shit on eBay is made from this, people after the cheapest they can find, then complain on FB when they don't fit, colours are wrong and fall off!
Stuff like these, just scanned, and copied from real graphics companies... but the scans are not accurate. https://www.motosportstemplates.com/
reynardfan1
Fantasy
3676th
7/24/2022 8:09am
MOTO_X_117 wrote:
Hi guys, I know this subject has been discussed already but here it's slightly different ! I am looking to gather some templates (.EPS format) for...
Hi guys, I know this subject has been discussed already but here it's slightly different !

I am looking to gather some templates (.EPS format) for MX Graphics.
I have done a Rockstar HVA 2019 Edition already, drawing the entire outlines myself.

I am willing to offer a FREE graphic design of your choice as long as you can provide me the template that can be bought for around 25$ at http://realitydesign.com.au/motocross-templates/

I work under illustrator vectorial images under CMYK colors.

I see this as a win-win situation if anyone has the need !

Thanks riders
The best advice I can give is this: change the paradigm…

Get an enclosed trailer/toy hauler, setup your print shop right in there…computers, printer, all of it…

And start printing number plates, and full graphic sets at every track for a same day discount…get a solid branding set and keep it simple.

Just do number plates, mini number plates, custom name/number decals.

I bet you could sell a bunch on race day.
7/24/2022 3:29pm
The best advice I can give is this: change the paradigm… Get an enclosed trailer/toy hauler, setup your print shop right in there…computers, printer, all of...

Get an enclosed trailer/toy hauler, setup your print shop right in there…computers, printer, all of it…

And start printing number plates, and full graphic sets at every track for a same day discount…get a solid branding set and keep it simple.

That’s a major not happening.

1. Very very very few people show up to the track with no numbers. If they do, they want to be no numbers guy.

2. Ink doesn’t dry automatically. It takes a long time to cure before you can laminate.

3. The cutter (and printer) can’t take jostling around during transport.

4. Printing requires an extremely clean environment. The track is the exact opposite.

I’m sure you came from a good place with this idea, but.. your best advice here was really bad advice.
dinger212
7/24/2022 3:34pm Edited Date/Time 7/24/2022 3:35pm
I’ve been wanting a template for my ‘21 YZ125 as I’m married to a graphic designer. I emailed SKDA & Decal Works, they didn’t like the idea of sending out their templates, which I understand. Josh mentioned above about the “templates” you can buy. I don’t trust them either
Jake_CR250R
7/24/2022 3:55pm
dinger212 wrote:
I’ve been wanting a template for my ‘21 YZ125 as I’m married to a graphic designer. I emailed SKDA & Decal Works, they didn’t like the...
I’ve been wanting a template for my ‘21 YZ125 as I’m married to a graphic designer. I emailed SKDA & Decal Works, they didn’t like the idea of sending out their templates, which I understand. Josh mentioned above about the “templates” you can buy. I don’t trust them either
I've never had an issue using motosportstemplates, the bang for buck is good. If you want to pay a little more these guys do fantastic work, and they are the company SKDA uses (https://www.mks-graphics.co.uk)
7/25/2022 8:18am
AngryBear wrote:
you can buy like every template made for !5yrs for $100... http://mx-templates.com/mx-and-atv-templates/ or $150 for recent years http://mx-templates.com/2019-mx-templates/ and therefore support the people that spent time...
you can buy like every template made for !5yrs for $100...

http://mx-templates.com/mx-and-atv-templates/

or $150 for recent years
http://mx-templates.com/2019-mx-templates/

and therefore support the people that spent time making them

I bought that template package 4 or so years ago, and a lot of them need adjusting before they will fit without needing trimming after installing onto the bike. If your looking for templates to do aa few sets for you and Your buddies, or for a bike that is not available anyplace else and want a little bit of a head start on making your own templates they can work. MKS has the best fitting templates I have used so far . There are more bad fitting templates out there then there are good. If you don't mind having to trim every piece and You are just doing a kit for yourself, a lot of the templates out there can work . The templates for newer models tend to have more good fitting options. I'm guessing that a lot of the templates for the older bikes , mid 2000's and back , were made from scanning graphic kits that had been sitting around on the shelf for a bit too long and they had shrunk. The aftermarket plastic fit and finish has also improved a lot from back then too , so there were probably a lot of templates made from bad fitting or inconsistent fitting aftermarket plastic. Whatever the reason , test fitting any template before selling a finished kit is the way to go . MKS templates have been the best fitting ones that I have found being sold. They are consistently great fitting and have required the least adjustments with most fitting perfectly . Also most of the template sites only sell you the use of the template for producing graphics and You do not get the rights to sell or share the templates when You buy them. If you have made any of your own you will see how valuable a good fitting template is.
reynardfan1
Fantasy
3676th
7/25/2022 10:15am
The best advice I can give is this: change the paradigm… Get an enclosed trailer/toy hauler, setup your print shop right in there…computers, printer, all of...

That’s a major not happening. 1. Very very very few people show up to the track with no numbers. If they do, they want to be...
That’s a major not happening.

1. Very very very few people show up to the track with no numbers. If they do, they want to be no numbers guy.

2. Ink doesn’t dry automatically. It takes a long time to cure before you can laminate.

3. The cutter (and printer) can’t take jostling around during transport.

4. Printing requires an extremely clean environment. The track is the exact opposite.

I’m sure you came from a good place with this idea, but.. your best advice here was really bad advice.
All good info. Long live rippinRuts.

Post a reply to: Graphics Templates vs Free Design?

The Latest