Grant benefiting from Eli's new bike setup?

Related:
Create New Tag

5/26/2017 11:44 PM

I know this rear shock/spring or whatever was one of the things mentioned for Eli's bike change that he credits to his comfortability on his bike.

I wonder if Grant is using the same settings and also in turn is now feeling really good on the bike/helping him ride at top 5 pace.

I could be wrong and its very general because who will ever really know. Just tickled my interest

|

5/26/2017 11:55 PM
Edited Date/Time: 5/26/2017 11:55 PM

No. Grant is healthy and has been ridding with injuries

|

5/26/2017 11:55 PM

Grant rode awesome at hangtown. I don't see him out of the top 3 tomorrow. Tomac gone, Marvin 20 seconds back in second and grant 10 seconds back from him In third

|

5/27/2017 12:49 AM

Doubtful, every rider will have their own preference on setup, can be very difficult finding the sweet spot when your far off and don't know which was to head.

|

5/27/2017 2:48 AM
Edited Date/Time: 5/27/2017 2:49 AM

He might be benefiting more from Dungey, Reed, Milsaps, Canard not racing.....Anderson getting his eye gashed and so forth.

|

5/27/2017 3:10 AM

When Grant was riding for Two Two Motorsports there was a chart of parts each rider had tested. Grant's list was maybe 1/4 as long as Reeds.

|

5/27/2017 3:36 AM

689 wrote:

When Grant was riding for Two Two Motorsports there was a chart of parts each rider had tested. Grant's list was maybe 1/4 as long as Reeds.

Ya and they both said at the time that Grant is more likely to adapt his style than try make a bike work a certain way...

He's fucking talented as balls, every time he's been healthy he's squeaked out some good finishes... and when he's been healthy and on a good bike he's a podium threat anywhere. Snot that surprising to me?

|

Cheers, Crush
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

5/27/2017 4:11 AM

In every interview I've seen with any of Grant's mechanics they all said he is not picky at all. No coincidence that he got long term ankle problems fixed and now he's consistently in the top 5. His win at Glen Helen in 2014 is still damn near the best I've ever seen anybody ride outdoors, other than freak of nature stuff from ET and Stew.

|

5/27/2017 4:23 AM
Edited Date/Time: 5/27/2017 4:25 AM

I'd say Grant is benefiting from a pair of new ankles and coming into a season healthy and comfortable on the bike, I wouldn't count grant out of top 3 finishes for most of the year if he stays healthy

|

5/27/2017 5:26 AM

You guys jump on bandwagons too fast.

|

5/27/2017 5:44 AM

Maybe the linkage and clamp changes carried over but as far as suspension he's on Showa and Eli is on kyb

|

5/27/2017 5:46 AM

Bandwagons? Grant has always been freaky fast and talented. Finally taking the time off to have surgeries and fix his ankles is why you are seeing him up front again. Grant isnt "lucky" others arent on the track. Grant is fast, always has been

|

5/27/2017 6:08 AM

Dtat720 wrote:

Bandwagons? Grant has always been freaky fast and talented. Finally taking the time off to have surgeries and fix his ankles is why you are seeing him up front again. Grant isnt "lucky" others arent on the track. Grant is fast, always has been

Okay dude.

|

5/27/2017 6:46 AM

Grant is good at Glen Helen. Kawi boys going 1-2 this weekend.

|

5/27/2017 7:03 AM

kkawboy14 wrote:

He might be benefiting more from Dungey, Reed, Milsaps, Canard not racing.....Anderson getting his eye gashed and so forth.

You think Reed or Millsaps got anything for Grant? Ya no

|

5/27/2017 7:09 AM

Grant is benefiting from being a complete bad ass and being healthy. Legend. Look for him to go 1-2 today

|

5/27/2017 7:16 AM

GreaseMeter wrote:

Grant is benefiting from being a complete bad ass and being healthy. Legend. Look for him to go 1-2 today

Legend? Hold up.

|

5/27/2017 7:20 AM

I can see a good finish this weekend but then also see him fading the rest of the season.

|

5/27/2017 7:52 AM

kkawboy14 wrote:

Reed? LOL. Dude wouldn't even make top 10 right now.

|

5/27/2017 7:53 AM

Forty wrote:

Legend? Hold up.

Kids these days. Every thing is "legend" and "lit" and... god help us all.

|

5/27/2017 8:08 AM

kkawboy14 wrote:

This....combined with actually being healthy. I'm sure he knows with some top guys out, this is a great opportunity for him and may push a bit harder.

|

5/27/2017 8:10 AM

GreaseMeter wrote:

MAYBE a legend at Glen Helen but definitely not a national legend. Going 3-3 isn't legendary by any standard. Grant is my favorite rider and has been since '09 but let's be realistic here, he's good but not legendary.

|

5/27/2017 8:12 AM

Swann wrote:

Kids these days. Every thing is "legend" and "lit" and... god help us all.

"lit" uuughh has to be one of the more annoying words, forget what show i was watching but this chick said it every other word, i wanted to hang myself. pinch

|

-OC
"Feed The Bull"
Twitter: @ocscottie | Facebook

5/27/2017 8:58 AM
Edited Date/Time: 5/27/2017 8:58 AM

kkawboy14 wrote:

cbuehler767 wrote:

You think Reed or Millsaps got anything for Grant? Ya no

I'm a Kawasaki guy, I'm stoked about Grant, but I'm honest in that any guy that could have holeshot him is a guy he would get roosted by and have to pass.

Here's hoping Kawi goes 1, 2 today! If Grant gets 5th let's revisit this!

|

5/27/2017 9:00 AM

kkawboy14 wrote:

Swann wrote:

Ditto my previous post!

Reed held off Dungey for a couple laps......

|

5/27/2017 9:04 AM

kkawboy14 wrote:

Swann wrote:

kkawboy14 wrote:

Ditto my previous post!

What outdoors did reed hold off dungey?

|

5/27/2017 9:04 AM

kkawboy14 wrote:

Swann wrote:

kkawboy14 wrote:

Ditto my previous post!

In supy, not outdoors...there's a reason Reed post a picture of his gear on instagram saying he wishes he was out there...well get out there but he knows better.

|

5/27/2017 9:05 AM

Swann wrote:

kkawboy14 wrote:

Ditto my previous post!

mxb2 wrote:

What outdoors did reed hold off dungey?

Dude you win, you got me there......

|

5/27/2017 9:14 AM

Isn't the other way around? Didn't Grant run those new clamps from the start of the season? Maybe he had the linkage before Eli as well.

|

5/27/2017 9:19 AM

Swann wrote:

kkawboy14 wrote:

Ditto my previous post!

yak651 wrote:

In supy, not outdoors...there's a reason Reed post a picture of his gear on instagram saying he wishes he was out there...well get out there but he knows better.

X2, easy to talk about it. Reed outdoors 12-15 th place guy.

|