Grand Junction Riders

Jack_Mehoff
Fantasy
55th
I'm moving out there for school on Monday and bringing my bike. I've been looking on the inter webs at tracks and stuff in the surrounding area and I'm wondering if someone can give me some information on the best ones within 2 hours or so. Anything on little sand tracks in the desert or freeride spots would be appreciated too. I'm from Golden so I'm familiar with the stuff on the east side of the divide. Also if someone wants to show me around that would be awesome, I'm a decent B rider and I ride enduro and dh mtb as well if you're into that stuff too. My name is Kyle, if you want to ride let me know and I'll give you my number.
|
JVT357
Fantasy
3149th
1/9/2018 2:28pm
Pretty much everything west of the airport is open riding. Tons of little moto tracks and hill climbs, single track ridges, play areas etc. Park out past the airport on 27 1/2 road. I personally always go East of I-70 on 24 road and park out there. You can ride in all directions from out there. Just go out and explore, there is lots of fun riding in Junktown!
1/9/2018 4:28pm
If you're looking for motocross tracks, you're out of luck, because I recently moved out here and there are none, but like JVT357 said, there is so much open riding to be done. Unlinke you, I wasn't able to bring my bike, so I die a little bit inside everytime I see someone with a bike in the back of their truck. I miss riding so much, and It's unreal how much open land is out here. Enjoy the views, because it's beautiful out here!
BW84
1/9/2018 4:52pm
Don’t forget Moab is only 90min away.

Stiffen up your suspension and start sending the huge natural booters that are literally everywhere or soften up your suspension and get into the excellent trail riding all around you. I started riding living in Fruita and it was excellent. Be careful riding in the creek beds becuase of oncoming traffic and go climb towards the book cliffs until you get nervous!

GJ is a motorcycle/mountain bike Mecca, it’s just not great for standard MX tracks.

The Shop

Jack_Mehoff
Fantasy
55th
1/9/2018 11:06pm
Thanks for the replies
JVT357-thank you for the specific information, this is really what I'm looking for because the desert is a big ass place and I want to have an idea of where to go, park, etc.
Michael Scott- I did, those dudes rip and elevated does a good job of covering the local scene.
Marcus Beasley- Did you bring your gear? I may be able to help you out with the bike
BW84- yep I'm stoked that it is so close, that is the plan for the first weekend I'm up there!
So I guess I'll just explore and find what I find, being that I'm 5 miles from thunder valley I really have only ridden normal mx tracks, and I'm excited for the change of pace as well as world class mtb 10 minutes away. Also does anybody know anything about the tracks in Moab and Monticello? I couldn't find all that much online. again thanks guys.

Post a reply to: Grand Junction Riders

The Latest