Grade A1 Pranking...Almost

Related:
Create New Tag

7/22/2020 10:42 AM

Okay, while peeking through some old photos, I found this one. I'll be the first to admit that this was well-played by Donn, though it did fall a bit short of the intended mark.

Here's the deal. While I was working at Transworld MX, I was headed to Loretta's in '03 to cover the race action that week. I had to meet up with Donn to pick up a lens and some film, that all packed neatly into a camera bag that he knew I'd be carrying onto the plane. I grabbed it and ran to the airport, raced (thankfully) through security, and head onto the flight.

Remember, this was not all that long after 9/11, and security was at an all-time high. I guess it was my lucky day that the TSA folks didn't want to know why there was a cucumber and a condom wrapped in an excessive amount of tinfoil. Luckily, I found it only after I'd arrived safely in Tennessee.

Photo

I did get back at him a little, calling to let him know that I'd gotten held up in security, had missed the flight, and was going to have to buy a new plane ticket...though I'm a terrible liar, and couldn't help but laugh.

Who else has a good prank story?

|

7/22/2020 10:46 AM

Wired my buddys horn to his brake lights on a streetbike once. It was pretty funny.

|

7/22/2020 11:02 AM

I like Swap even more now.

A long time ago at a different job, some friends and I were talking about the worst rock song ever recorded. I mentioned that Rolling Stone had called it, and they were right for once: We Built This City on Rock & Roll by Jefferson Starship. Well, I came back from lunch and the little cretins had downloaded the .wav file of the first few seconds of the song, then added that sound to my sound scheme. My computer blurted out, "WE BUILT THIS CITY...." every time I clicked the mouse. Thankfully I knew how to fix it! laughing

|

Braaapin' aint easy.

7/22/2020 11:07 AM

Tied a rope from the bike trailer to my buddy's bmx and told him if he beat me to the hot dog stand I would buy him one. Worked flawlessly #overthebars

|

7/22/2020 11:18 AM

Back in the Transworld days when they hosted their own videos and had that comment board section (2008ish?) I noticed Swap would comment back to most of the industry people (dirt shark was a popular poster at the time) and I wanted to see if I could get a reply with a spoof account.

I photoshopped a Dirt Shark logo to say "Dirt Shart", and made myself a Dirt Shart username. At first glance you wouldn't even notice it. I made it a few days of having these ridiculous over the top exchanges with Swap about after parties, banging monster girls, and shit talk where I'd try to make the conversation as publicly awkward and uncomfortable as possible and he'd give me these "haha funny dude..." type responses before he realized what was going on and banned me lol. I remember getting an angry message about IP addresses and not being allowed back on the board hahaha.

Sorry Donn, loved the magazine but couldn't resist as a bored teen 🤣🤣🤣

|

7/22/2020 11:32 AM

Wrap an extra long zip tie to your buddy's drive shaft (Has to hit the bed). They won't even make it out of the driveway, and they'll think they just incurred a high dollar failure.

|

Go for it! Don't let a little thing like fear, or common sense hold you back.

7/22/2020 1:00 PM

SEEMEFIRST wrote:

Wrap an extra long zip tie to your buddy's drive shaft (Has to hit the bed). They won't even make it out of the driveway, and they'll think they just incurred a high dollar failure.

this is gooood...I'm doing this for sure

|

Don't be a Pussy...

7/22/2020 1:08 PM

Falcon wrote:

I like Swap even more now.

A long time ago at a different job, some friends and I were talking about the worst rock song ever recorded. I mentioned that Rolling Stone had called it, and they were right for once: We Built This City on Rock & Roll by Jefferson Starship. Well, I came back from lunch and the little cretins had downloaded the .wav file of the first few seconds of the song, then added that sound to my sound scheme. My computer blurted out, "WE BUILT THIS CITY...." every time I clicked the mouse. Thankfully I knew how to fix it! laughing

I agree!! Whenever I think of worst song ever that's what came to mind. How did that even make it to the radio.....what were they thinking!!! sick

|

7/22/2020 1:11 PM

On top of the orange tape there must have been at least 200 zip ties on the bike. It was also tied to the Ez-up. Poor girl didn’t see that coming.

She retaliated by putting zip ties on my bed sheets, cabinet doors, etc and grease behind my camper door handle.

Photo

|

7/22/2020 2:26 PM

Working at a car dealership.
My sister is shipping me my Mom's ashes from cremation. I let my coworkers know my "Mom's" coming to work.
My Boss walks up the isle one day and says a got a package. He is walking towards me with a box, he Drops it and glass breaks and all the container is all over the floor.I can't believe it.
Turns out the glass was full of Speedie dry! He got me good.!!!!!

|

7/22/2020 2:37 PM

Met my dad and some of his buddies up for a day of trail riding but had to leave early the next morning. Glad I loaded up my bike the night before because I saw this on my way out.

Photo

|

7/22/2020 2:56 PM

We live on a main road and there is a neighborhood right behind us. There is an undeveloped lot right beside us. There were some large dead pine trees close to our house on that lot. I contacted the property owner and they sent a crew out to remove them. Our neighbor behind called me to ask what the chain saws were doing. I missed his call but called him right back and went to his voicemail. I tried him again about 30 minutes later and went straight to vm again. I left a message on his home answering machine (he’s old school) and told him they were putting in a 24 hour QT gas station next door to me. His wife got the message and notified the neighborhood women's group who started calling the city council and complaining. It went all the way to the Mayor. People were calling the mayor and complaining about the new quick trip and she did not know what they were talking about. Meantime all the neighbors could hear were the chainsaws clearing land. This was 5 years ago and I am still laughing!
Lol!

|

7/22/2020 3:46 PM

In our crew work truck: ran a piece of copper tubing from the window washer hose through the firewall aimed right at your junk.

Night crew guys got sprayed in the nuts every time they hit the squirt button.

Took way too long for the night crew to figure out why this was happening...

Priceless.

Pumping contractors chalkline chalk in the heater ducts is a good one too. Load that puppy up and turn all fans on high with key off.

Light fuse and get away.

Also priceless.

Beware of revenge. Like a lot.

|

Straight Outta Compression

7/22/2020 4:02 PM

I slept with my x-wifes best friend. Boom.

|

7/22/2020 4:13 PM

I set my very grumpy, very catholic, very computer illiterate boss’s homepage to meatspin.com

I rode to a race with a couple buddies many moons ago. Dropped my bike off at their house midweek. Showed up Friday evening and it was already loaded. Unloaded it at the race site and the thing was covered in stickers. Full wallpaper. Like, in the air box, under fenders, bottom of the tank. Every square inch of my bike was covered. It’s a shame this was pre camera phones.

|

7/22/2020 5:00 PM

GuyB wrote:

Okay, while peeking through some old photos, I found this one. I'll be the first to admit that this was well-played by Donn, though it did fall a bit short of the intended mark.

Here's the deal. While I was working at Transworld MX, I was headed to Loretta's in '03 to cover the race action that week. I had to meet up with Donn to pick up a lens and some film, that all packed neatly into a camera bag that he knew I'd be carrying onto the plane. I grabbed it and ran to the airport, raced (thankfully) through security, and head onto the flight.

Remember, this was not all that long after 9/11, and security was at an all-time high. I guess it was my lucky day that the TSA folks didn't want to know why there was a cucumber and a condom wrapped in an excessive amount of tinfoil. Luckily, I found it only after I'd arrived safely in Tennessee.

Photo

I did get back at him a little, calling to let him know that I'd gotten held up in security, had missed the flight, and was going to have to buy a new plane ticket...though I'm a terrible liar, and couldn't help but laugh.

Who else has a good prank story?

|

7/22/2020 5:05 PM

we were going to the des nations in 87 at dilla rented a camper , turns out our smashed up buddy was getting out of the hospital, the day after we were leaving
so i waited and took him, we spent a lot of time trying to locate the guys that drove the camper we found the camper but the guys were never around, so we got this guy on crutches and its the nations in 87 raining super hard, so i break into the camper and we start eating food and drinking beer that i pitched in for, and those guys never came back so i find one of the guys video cameras and i start filming , any way one day inn the fall the camera owner has all the racers over for a veiwing of the past season , and he sees us drinking and eating , ha ha they were all kinda blaming one and other for taking all thier stuff but they never said anything to each other and never thought it coulda been us

|

7/22/2020 5:32 PM

I had a plumbing inspector years ago that was an absolute jerk. When he went in the building, my crew and I popped his hubcaps off and filled them with gravel then, reinstalled them. He must’ve stopped and got out of his truck six times trying to figure out where the noise was coming from while leaving the site. He stopped, the noise stopped.
Everyone on site around him had weird wtf looks on their faces. The inspector was pissed. Victory was ours (for the day).

|

7/22/2020 6:01 PM

SEEMEFIRST wrote:

Another job site prank we’d pull. 👍

|

7/22/2020 6:17 PM

SEEMEFIRST wrote:

Me and my brothers are in a contest with this one now. We have probably wasted 30 zip ties between the three of us now.

|

7/22/2020 6:44 PM

When the wireless mouse first came out, we added the USB to our co-workers computer and we would "take-over" his computer at random times. He would freak out saying something weird is happening to my computer....my cursor keeps taking off across the screen....etc, etc. He would try to show someone and of course nothing happened. We'd walk away and it would happen again. He got IT involved and of course we had to get them in on the joke. This went on for like 3-4 months. We were very diligent in not doing it too often, and could be weeks in between. It was well played for several months until we finally let him know. Good times!

|

7/22/2020 11:38 PM

BMX racer background here. In BMX racing, the start sequence is a recorded call, followed by a pause of random length before the 4 beep gate drop sequence initiates. Same as MX when you see the gate move/flinch, you react and go, except in BMX you're listening/waiting intensely for that first beep sound to react.

Etiquette in staging/behind the hill then is obviously silence.

Gosh its funny then at practice nights with your mates letting out a high pitched beep noise during the pause and seeing them all react and hit the gate hahaha.

|

7/23/2020 6:02 AM

pbody wrote:

When the wireless mouse first came out, we added the USB to our co-workers computer and we would "take-over" his computer at random times. He would freak out saying something weird is happening to my computer....my cursor keeps taking off across the screen....etc, etc. He would try to show someone and of course nothing happened. We'd walk away and it would happen again. He got IT involved and of course we had to get them in on the joke. This went on for like 3-4 months. We were very diligent in not doing it too often, and could be weeks in between. It was well played for several months until we finally let him know. Good times!

Oh man, I did the same thing to an old co-worker. He sat opposite in the office, a few seats down. The guy opposite was in on it so he'd say to the guy, 'hey, come and look at this'. I'd then move the wireless mouse towards the top right, (bear in mind I'm 20 feet away) and start clicking, closing everything down. Went on for months. One day he said 'what's this in my usb port?'. We told him it was the WiFi dongle for when he went to meetings which he believed, and then normal closing down service resumed. Crazy.

The mouse actually ended up in the trophy cabinet after he finally figure it out!

|

7/23/2020 6:35 AM

When I was in high school we had a substitute teacher named Ms. Hitchcock. She was a very tan glamorous older lady who always dressed nicely and had hair like she had just come from the beauty shop. She left the classroom for something and left her glasses on her desk. A guy in the class broke the end off of his ball point pen and smeared ink on the ends of the arms of her glasses. When she came back and put her glasses on she striped the side of her face with ink. All the students laughed. Then she took her glasses off and put them back on and put more ink on her face. Students were laughing at her hysterically and she could not figure our why. She took her glasses off and stuck one of the ends in her mouth, putting ink all in the corner of her mouth. Students were absolutely cracking up. She tasted the ink and stormed out of the classroom and was not seen for the rest of the day.

|

7/23/2020 6:47 AM

pbody wrote:

Snapper wrote:

Oh man, I did the same thing to an old co-worker. He sat opposite in the office, a few seats down. The guy opposite was in on it so he'd say to the guy, 'hey, come and look at this'. I'd then move the wireless mouse towards the top right, (bear in mind I'm 20 feet away) and start clicking, closing everything down. Went on for months. One day he said 'what's this in my usb port?'. We told him it was the WiFi dongle for when he went to meetings which he believed, and then normal closing down service resumed. Crazy.

The mouse actually ended up in the trophy cabinet after he finally figure it out!

Haha, good stuff. I need to have some fun with this one at my new job since we are all using wireless keyboards. devil

|

7/23/2020 7:52 AM

This wasn’t really a intention prank but it worked the same.

I had been on this remodel job for a good 2 months or so. A wealthy couple n Scripps Ranch. The wife has a couple of businesses and the husband was a recently retired dentist.

So I had been keeping my waters and food in the garage fridge. It was the end of the day and when I opened the refer door I saw what I thought was my big water bottle on the shelf. I was sweating like crazy all day and was hot as hell and incredibly thirsty. I opened up the top and literally poured it down my throat only to feel like I had just swallowed gasoline! Turns out one of those two were hiding their vodka in a water bottle. That shit hit my throat and I immediately sprayed it out all over the refrigerator/garage! Took me an hour to wipe things down. From that day on I do the sniff test before chugging

|

7/23/2020 8:48 AM

At work after eating lunch in the break room I put an extra piece of cheesecake I had in the refrigerator with my name labeled on it into the refrigerator. The next day when I looked it was gone. Same thing happened the next day. I was pissed.

So for revenge I went to the store and got two boxes of Ex-Lax to make a Chocolate Ex-Lax Cheesecake, Took the recipe off a prank website but doubled the Ex-Lax. The next day I put the cheesecake with my name on it in a box as it had looked the previous two days. When I came back the next day the cheesecake was gone. But I never had a problem taking food with my name on it from then on!

|

7/23/2020 9:05 AM

SEEMEFIRST wrote:

I did this to my buddy’s dirt track car as a teenager. They took it out for warm ups and thought they had an exhaust leak. They were about to start swapping the exhaust manifolds out when my dad told them what was going on. I was banned from the race car garage after that.

|

7/23/2020 9:06 AM

We got a new girl at work and on the first day she left her computer unlocked to go to a meeting. I downloaded an extension on her laptop called Caged that changes ALL images and videos you encounter online to Nick Cage images or videos. I then completely forgot about it because that's what I do.

3 days later I heard some guys at work talking about how the new girl had been 'Nick Caged'. When they found out about it that morning, she said she thought it was normal and that the company just really liked Nick Cage.

|

Holeshot Coffee Co.
Each bag sold donates $1 to Road2Recovery

7/23/2020 9:07 AM

I also worked at a boat repair shop and we got our hands on a big striped bass. We tied it to a coworkers trailer hitch on a Friday afternoon. He found it on Sunday when the flys and cats were all over his truck. He was pissed.

|