Gp riders in AMA ?

brett12486
Anyone thinks some gp riders would come over to our series if the GP series is cancelled this year? Lot more logistics involved over there with traveling from one country to the other. Here obv much easier since it’s all in one country.
|
motogrady
4/13/2020 7:18pm Edited Date/Time 4/13/2020 7:20pm
I saw an article a few days ago. Some guy pretty high up in motogp. He’s thinking there won’t be any more GPs this year. Feeling is they travel so much, to so many different countries, with so many people that its not looking good.

Interesting, unlike here they do have it in the rule book that 13 races are needed to make it a series.

But then goes on to say whatever the number, if they could get a few rounds in the fall, there is no reason not to crown a champion.

As far as guys coming over here, Dorna, the guys that run Motogp are paying teams to just sit still.
motogrady
4/13/2020 7:57pm
motogrady wrote:
I saw an article a few days ago. Some guy pretty high up in motogp. He’s thinking there won’t be any more GPs this year. Feeling...
I saw an article a few days ago. Some guy pretty high up in motogp. He’s thinking there won’t be any more GPs this year. Feeling is they travel so much, to so many different countries, with so many people that its not looking good.

Interesting, unlike here they do have it in the rule book that 13 races are needed to make it a series.

But then goes on to say whatever the number, if they could get a few rounds in the fall, there is no reason not to crown a champion.

As far as guys coming over here, Dorna, the guys that run Motogp are paying teams to just sit still.
Ah, went lookin for the link to read it again, and it’s gone. With this one in its place.

https://www.gpone.com/en/2020/04/09/motogp/a-statement-from-dorna-sport…
brett12486
4/13/2020 8:11pm
motogrady wrote:
I saw an article a few days ago. Some guy pretty high up in motogp. He’s thinking there won’t be any more GPs this year. Feeling...

motogrady wrote:
Ah, went lookin for the link to read it again, and it’s gone. With this one in its place.

Sorry I meant mxgp riders lol cairolli herlings gasjer etc
motogrady
4/13/2020 8:23pm
motogrady wrote:

motogrady wrote:

brett12486 wrote:
Sorry I meant mxgp riders lol cairolli herlings gasjer etc
No issue guy. I wish more was coming out from Youthstream about MXGp. And from the AMA.

The Shop

scott_nz
Fantasy
655th
4/13/2020 8:28pm
any travel restrictions that effect the GP schedule will also Effect the travel of riders to the USA, so i doubt it,
brett12486
4/13/2020 8:55pm
scott_nz wrote:
any travel restrictions that effect the GP schedule will also Effect the travel of riders to the USA, so i doubt it,
Not necessarily. Some parts of the country just require you to self quarantined for 14 days sonif they got here early enough they could get that over with then train and test for a few wks. Idk just wishful thinking lol
motogrady
4/13/2020 9:11pm
scott_nz wrote:
To a certain degree, yes.

But I’ve noticed a sort of groundswell here in The States. Was an article about some people prostesting in California just today. Saying the government has gone too far. Michigan had some kind of drive by protest at their State Capital building, yesterday also, saying enough is enough. Snowbirds are leaving their winter homes in Florida and heading to their homes in the north. You can still drive the major highways, get gas and stay in motels in most states.
Most are extending their winter vacation/home stays,
but some are holding true to the traditional timeline to head back home come April.

The natives are getting restless.

Will this translate into travel bans and crowd assembly laws being lifted earlier than other countries? I’ve heard rumors of people exploring the possibility of resuming events by late June.
Key word, exploring.

Even if things open up here earlier, one would doubt it would be worth the expense to make the jump to race a few AMA events.

Even tho that would be pretty cool in one guys opinion.......

scott_nz
Fantasy
655th
4/13/2020 10:08pm
scott_nz wrote:
motogrady wrote:
To a certain degree, yes. But I’ve noticed a sort of groundswell here in The States. Was an article about some people prostesting in California just...
To a certain degree, yes.

But I’ve noticed a sort of groundswell here in The States. Was an article about some people prostesting in California just today. Saying the government has gone too far. Michigan had some kind of drive by protest at their State Capital building, yesterday also, saying enough is enough. Snowbirds are leaving their winter homes in Florida and heading to their homes in the north. You can still drive the major highways, get gas and stay in motels in most states.
Most are extending their winter vacation/home stays,
but some are holding true to the traditional timeline to head back home come April.

The natives are getting restless.

Will this translate into travel bans and crowd assembly laws being lifted earlier than other countries? I’ve heard rumors of people exploring the possibility of resuming events by late June.
Key word, exploring.

Even if things open up here earlier, one would doubt it would be worth the expense to make the jump to race a few AMA events.

Even tho that would be pretty cool in one guys opinion.......

i can see the US opening up to its own, but plane loads from Europe i would guess less so,

also, team budgets will be getting clipped, so i cant see the teams wanting to spend more money to bring the riders in,
JMX82
4/13/2020 10:08pm
I don't see European riders traveling to US because of strict traveling restrictions we have here right now. In many European countries it's even impossible to travel inside the country at the moment
4/14/2020 12:08am
Whats weird is that I randomly checked yesterday and Virgin Atlantic are still doing daily flights from London to NYC and LAX. Then digging a little further I saw it was pretty easy to get flights to the states, and cheaper than normal.
duckdog77
4/14/2020 3:29am
Whats weird is that I randomly checked yesterday and Virgin Atlantic are still doing daily flights from London to NYC and LAX. Then digging a little...
Whats weird is that I randomly checked yesterday and Virgin Atlantic are still doing daily flights from London to NYC and LAX. Then digging a little further I saw it was pretty easy to get flights to the states, and cheaper than normal.
I believe there’s some stipulations on the air line bailout that they must continue to fly and retain employees. Hence why they are still flying even with virtually empty planes.
struth
4/14/2020 5:52am Edited Date/Time 4/14/2020 5:53am
Doubt any gp riders would come ,considering how bad the infection n death rate has been in u.s.a.
Imo
mac3-d
4/14/2020 5:52am
Whats weird is that I randomly checked yesterday and Virgin Atlantic are still doing daily flights from London to NYC and LAX. Then digging a little...
duckdog77 wrote:
I believe there’s some stipulations on the air line bailout that they must continue to fly and retain employees. Hence why they are still flying even...
I believe there’s some stipulations on the air line bailout that they must continue to fly and retain employees. Hence why they are still flying even with virtually empty planes.
Four weeks ago my niece came back from London via Dublin, only two passengers on the plane
motogrady
4/14/2020 5:58am
struth wrote:
Doubt any gp riders would come ,considering how bad the infection n death rate has been in u.s.a.
Imo
Yeah, that’s funny.
4/14/2020 6:04am
struth wrote:
Imo
In New York ***
Silas444
4/14/2020 6:14am
I'm not trying to re-pick the same tedious fight that's been going on here daily, but if the statistics are accurate that say more people over one hundred years old have died from the virus than people under 30, then it's only a matter of time before people under 30 begin to force the risk/reward perception pendulum back toward a more normal state of living; especially if staying inside means they're all going personally bankrupt. All of life is risk, as we motoheads all know.

It's not hard to imagine the outdoor series becoming a world championship this year. Not hard at all. If you've already got the semis, you've already got the major team and rider sponsors, and you've already got the bikes and mechanics - and there's NOTHING else to watch on TV so you might actually get record viewing numbers and an international audience - why would you be opposed?
rileymx
4/14/2020 6:53am
struth wrote:
Imo
In New York ***
that is one of the huge mysteries we, out side of usa, have these days.....
from what we have been seeing all over europe from the speed and ease that the virus spreads, just one soccer game in italy between an italian and a spanish team was responsible for huge number of infected, it is really a mystery how can those huge numbers be only from NYC, we see americans all over not respecting confinement, even here the discusion about riding, national flights still fly, international flights still fly, interstate highways are flowing, and the pandemic is only in NYC for weeks now.........to strange to say the least, and we are used to the lying policy of US administration.
another big mystery is how many of americans mxfans still dont understand europe and dont remember the globe, europe is all together way smaller then the us, its a bunch of countries as the states is a bunch of states, europeans are free to travel inside europe as americans inside america, currency is the same in most countries as it is in most states in us.....
so just because of distance and time waist, it is easier to travel through europe than it is through usa, and most racers travel in motorhomes or 18whellers like americans do, if racing in europe resumes it is logical that the european gps are the easier to put together first and the overseas gps are the ones to be left behind.
for all of this it is my own opinion that it is very difficult to see an european traveling to usa to race, since i still have huge doubts that amamx will be raced in 2020 and i dont see then wanting to race sx in the end on the year and not be at home preparing the 2021 mxgp season.....
motogrady
4/14/2020 7:02am
struth wrote:
Imo
In New York ***
rileymx wrote:
that is one of the huge mysteries we, out side of usa, have these days..... from what we have been seeing all over europe from the...
from what we have been seeing all over europe from the speed and ease that the virus spreads, just one soccer game in italy between an italian and a spanish team was responsible for huge number of infected, it is really a mystery how can those huge numbers be only from NYC, we see americans all over not respecting confinement, even here the discusion about riding, national flights still fly, international flights still fly, interstate highways are flowing, and the pandemic is only in NYC for weeks now.........to strange to say the least, and we are used to the lying policy of US administration.
another big mystery is how many of americans mxfans still dont understand europe and dont remember the globe, europe is all together way smaller then the us, its a bunch of countries as the states is a bunch of states, europeans are free to travel inside europe as americans inside america, currency is the same in most countries as it is in most states in us.....
so just because of distance and time waist, it is easier to travel through europe than it is through usa, and most racers travel in motorhomes or 18whellers like americans do, if racing in europe resumes it is logical that the european gps are the easier to put together first and the overseas gps are the ones to be left behind.
for all of this it is my own opinion that it is very difficult to see an european traveling to usa to race, since i still have huge doubts that amamx will be raced in 2020 and i dont see then wanting to race sx in the end on the year and not be at home preparing the 2021 mxgp season.....
Well u guys are buying into the hype, the false news.
Around here anyway, it’s a freaking ghost town.
Hardly anyone driving around.
I go to the grocery store, half the people that are there, which arnt many, have masks on and are keeping their distance.
Half the floor space in Wal Mart is roped off.

Remember, the more viewers the media gets, the more hype they put out, the more watch.
Which translates to charging more for advertising fees.
Tarz483
Fantasy
583rd
4/14/2020 7:08am
Supercross is Talking about having multiple rounds in the same place, Couldn't they do the same ? like if one country is clear and others aren't?
brett12486
4/14/2020 7:38am
struth wrote:
Imo
In New York ***
rileymx wrote:
that is one of the huge mysteries we, out side of usa, have these days..... from what we have been seeing all over europe from the...
That is true. I was assuming they would still
Be traveling to dif continents but I guess if they just raced in Europe it would be possible.
crusty_xx
Fantasy
154th
4/14/2020 7:52am
struth wrote:
Imo
Europe has more cases than the US (still)
agn5009
4/14/2020 8:10am
struth wrote:
Imo
Ain't no mx track in New York City.
mb60
4/14/2020 2:14pm
I just want to see 1 American go race the GP series that is competitive in the USA on a 450. Barcia or Anderson would be my choice.

Post a reply to: Gp riders in AMA ?

The Latest