Statements. NO MORE CANNED, recited lines, thanking sponsors and your

hairdressers and make-out artists.

TELL US WHAT HAPPENED OUT THERE !

BAD MOUTH THE COMPETITION.

GET JIGGY !

HAVE Fun.

|
12/28/2010 9:56am
Ryan dungey especially needs to change up his boring speeches. Ryan dungey tries to act to much like ricky carmichael.
12/28/2010 10:00am
Ryan dungey especially needs to change up his boring speeches. Ryan dungey tries to act to much like ricky carmichael.
If he has close to the same career as Ricky he can say what he wants. Besides Ricky probably coached him on his podium speech.
TeamGreen
12/28/2010 10:03am
I'd like to thank:

Monster
Pro-Circuit
Kawasaki
Dunlop
Thor
Scott
Alpinestars
Renthal
VP Raceing Fuel
Braking
JE Pistons
Toyota of Escondido
Volcom
yada, yada,yada....

You mean THAT canned lil' speech?

The Shop

motosmith
12/28/2010 10:06am

Tickle thanked his dog and got his ass chewed for it.
Rupert X
12/28/2010 10:08am

" I could see the leaders and knew I could catch 'em, so I put my head down and

thought about my Dunlop tires churning thru the dirt and how my girlfriend;'s dog

has a nail appointment and, before long I was cartwheeling through the whoops..."
TeamGreen
12/28/2010 10:09am
motosmith wrote:

Uh, yeah...but...wasn't that over at Star?

'Cause, it WAS funny...
12/28/2010 10:11am
Just imagine if cedric makes the podium on the smoker. Can he even speak english. Now that would be funny to see.
jeffro503
12/28/2010 10:23am
Also think that some ( most ) of the riders play it a little safe in their speeches , because they don't want to paint a bulls-eye on their back. Talking a little trash is one thing.....but some don't want any more enemies out there than they already have.

But Rup is right....the speeches do get repetitive.
SL91
12/28/2010 10:26am
The thing is, despite being amazing athletes, most of these guys (with some exceptions) aren't bright enough to come with anything original.
12/28/2010 10:28am
"I just need to get a good start, get up front, and ride my own race."

You just heard every pre-race interview for the entire season.
mac3-d
12/28/2010 10:35am
motosmith wrote:

his dog must have been pissed to do that Sick
12/28/2010 10:37am
I'd like to thank the guy that finished behind me in second for LOSING!!! and my Dunlop tires for roosting the livin s.it out of all the dude's behind me. Now gimme that bottle o' champagne and two of the hottest Monster girls, we're headed back to the rig for a real podium speech lol

Somethin like that RUP?
jeffro503
12/28/2010 10:40am
I wonder when the "condom" companies will come in and sponsor some of these riders , like they do the MMA fighters? That would make for some interesting speeches!

Imagine J-law and a condom speech?? HAHA!!.....friggin' priceless!
Rupert X
12/28/2010 10:43am
I'd like to thank the guy that finished behind me in second for LOSING!!! and my Dunlop tires for roosting the livin s.it out of all...
I'd like to thank the guy that finished behind me in second for LOSING!!! and my Dunlop tires for roosting the livin s.it out of all the dude's behind me. Now gimme that bottle o' champagne and two of the hottest Monster girls, we're headed back to the rig for a real podium speech lol

Somethin like that RUP?

On the right track to appropriate recognition and demotion to the small-riggery.

Well played, sir.
12/28/2010 10:47am
jeffro503 wrote:
I wonder when the "condom" companies will come in and sponsor some of these riders , like they do the MMA fighters? That would make for...
I wonder when the "condom" companies will come in and sponsor some of these riders , like they do the MMA fighters? That would make for some interesting speeches!

I'm pretty sure that a condom company did help sponsor a privateer team within the last year or two...can't remember who it was...I remember seeing the photo on RacerX.
12/28/2010 10:47am
I'd like to thank the guy that finished behind me in second for LOSING!!! and my Dunlop tires for roosting the livin s.it out of all...

Somethin like that RUP?
Rupert X wrote:

On the right track to appropriate recognition and demotion to the small-riggery.

Well played, sir.
Are you going to A-1? I've got Scotty W semi committed to make the trek down. I know he would jump if he knew you were going.
Justin314
12/28/2010 10:59am
jeffro503 wrote:
I wonder when the "condom" companies will come in and sponsor some of these riders , like they do the MMA fighters? That would make for...

I'm pretty sure that a condom company did help sponsor a privateer team within the last year or two...can't remember who it was...I remember seeing the...
I'm pretty sure that a condom company did help sponsor a privateer team within the last year or two...can't remember who it was...I remember seeing the photo on RacerX.
Yup. Suzuki City.
jasonv43
12/28/2010 11:09am
Rupert X wrote:
Riders; Hear me NOW and listen to me later, REMEMBER - This is the year that YOU AGREED to LIVEN up YOUR PODIUM Statements. NO MORE...

Riders; Hear me NOW and listen to me later,

REMEMBER - This is the year that YOU AGREED to LIVEN up YOUR PODIUM

GET JIGGY !

HAVE Fun.

Ds164
12/28/2010 11:23am
I agree that the speeches have taken on a uniformed format pretty much all sounding a like. For this reason, I've pretty much lost interest in them and looked forward to the videos posted on Transworld interviewing the riders later on after the races. The riders weren't seeing it as a time to simply list off the sponsors, but talk about how the night went and stuff.
mjskier
12/28/2010 11:42am
SL91 wrote:
The thing is, despite being amazing athletes, most of these guys (with some exceptions) aren't bright enough to come with anything original.
Chad isn't in this category. A while back he got collected by another rider ending his race (and season really. I think that was the first outdoor season he quit before the end, but my memory is foggy)
When somebody shoved a microphone in his face he matter of factly said something along the line of "Good thing I was wearing my new Alpine star tech 10, they saved me from a broken leg"
Top End
12/28/2010 11:56am
If it was not for the podium/trophy girls, I would prefer the F1 and GP format.
englishman
12/28/2010 12:07pm
Rupert X wrote:
Riders; Hear me NOW and listen to me later, REMEMBER - This is the year that YOU AGREED to LIVEN up YOUR PODIUM Statements. NO MORE...

Riders; Hear me NOW and listen to me later,

REMEMBER - This is the year that YOU AGREED to LIVEN up YOUR PODIUM

GET JIGGY !

HAVE Fun.

Never happen. Ever. Unless John Force becomes stage manager of the podium.
Blake
12/28/2010 12:10pm
I'd like to thank the good lord jesus christ for keeping me safe bs gets old.

12/28/2010 12:37pm
I'd be OK if they did a Talladega nights Will ferrell type prayer/podium speech.

Or at least use words like jacked up, spit, friggin and maybe drop a " come at you like spider monkey" and other colorful stuff etc...

TriRacer27
Fantasy
44th
12/28/2010 12:39pm
I hear ya rup. I got a copy of the podium speech guidelines from team Suzuki. Here ya go:

"Yeah, thanks, I got a good start. My (insert tire sponsor) hooked up off the gate and I just rode my own race. I put my best foot forward and gave it 100% on my Rockstar Makita Suzuki, ya know, just trying to take it one race at a time. My Rockstar Makita Suzuki was working great today. I really just want to be consistent and put in a solid 20 laps. I wanna thank Rockstar Makita Suzuki..........."
JLong
12/28/2010 1:06pm
I could give two shits about podium speeches. Give me some good racing and save the lip for MTV. Mouthy drama you want- watch the housewives.
mxb2
12/28/2010 1:08pm
Just imagine if cedric makes the podium on the smoker. Can he even speak english. Now that would be funny to see.
Now thats funny, Cedrics good, but Podium, ah NOT!
KMC440
12/28/2010 1:10pm
The new Euro import shocks the world with his podium speech....

"Let's go down to our pit hottie on the stadium floor"

PH
"Thanks guys, I'm down here with Euro champ who's name ends in 7 consonants, hey Euro dude how'd the race go? You won by 2 friggin laps .... HEY EURO GUY ! ! I'M-A TALKA DA ENGRISH TOO A YOUUUZ ! ! ! "

EC
"Oh hee looks at youzz I seez you before on zee tellevizzion no aye... zees iz a nice ting zayy do for me here ya no .. ooooh looks at doze... are doze .... how you say faktoriee I seezz deze on the bechez in Portugal... I wan play ... how yoo saeye zee motorboat.... bmmmbbmmmmbmmmbmmm ...."

PH
"Mod, what about the RAAAACCCEEEE ! ! "(mumbles euro tras..)

EC
"Ahhh zee rasee .. oh look eets Enrique ! ENRIQUE I ZEE YOOO ! ! Eeez ok I zee heem later yooz no... ahhh yooz steel wanns tew no off tis rase .. I dunnooz I jes (takes swig of "Champagne") ... PFFTTTTT WHAZZ EEZZ DISSSS PFFTTTTT ... deez ezz YAK PEEEZZ ! ! ! WHAA no MOET CHANDON ? ? WHERE MY ASSIST ? ? " ... ehey where yooz goo motorboat bbmmmbbbmmmmmbmbbmmmm "

PH
"Yeah that's all from down here.. DON'T TOUCH ME ! ! "

EC
bbmmmmbbbmmmmbmmmmmbmmmm.......

Sandberm
12/28/2010 1:31pm Edited Date/Time 12/28/2010 1:54pm
Why do they thank "Jeff at Parts Unlimited"?

Chad Reed has the most interesting podium speeches, because at some point he throws in some "competition headgames" material. Also, he never sugarcoats his feelings about the track.

Post a reply to: " Gotta Give It Up To Monster, Mitch, Dunlop..."

The Latest