Got my stolen bike back

David Murphy
2/10/2015 12:30am
and a box of beers for the good fuckers that reported your bike a reckon. Cool
HenryA
2/10/2015 3:18am
Trav138 wrote:
I'm happy for you man. Any leads on the scum who stole it?
Black male, aged 16-30, 6' tall, white tee shirt, blue jeans.... you know, the usual
Great first post...ZZZZzzzzz....
Darryl916
2/10/2015 5:14am Edited Date/Time 2/10/2015 5:14am
Black male, aged 16-30, 6' tall, white tee shirt, blue jeans.... you know, the usual
You joined just to post that??

dsmith
Fantasy
1294th
2/10/2015 6:27am
Trav138 wrote:

nice!.....very lucky to get that baby back....good for you...Cygnus x-1 A Farewell to Kings.......

The Shop

Justin314
2/10/2015 6:42am
Awesome news...glad you got it back!
mxb2
2/10/2015 7:04am
jhansen510 wrote:
The fact is that stolen property is definitely not a high priority. If it is stumbled upon it will sometimes make it back to the rightful...
The fact is that stolen property is definitely not a high priority. If it is stumbled upon it will sometimes make it back to the rightful owner. Today's day and age catching someone speeding is a much higher priority. I am not saying cops are no good but will say that things have definitely changed.
Depends on the poice dept and area, busy departments are sometimes to busy for speed enforcement, high crime areas, assault ,robbery, rape , murder all take priority over speeding, crimes of property. Simple solution , drive the speed limit or pay the ticket.
2/10/2015 7:23am Edited Date/Time 2/10/2015 7:25am
JW381 wrote:
Glad you got it back!! Now if only you could find out who done it, and get your guns back.
No the guns are strapped to the hip of some inner city thug with felonies who can't get one legally. Probably in the nearest city where guns are banned.

I just don't understand how people tradh bikes the way they do. Race over a 100 hours on a bike and I've never bent a rotor. Drives me inane. You're lucky you got it back. Mines been gone since may of 13.
Dragoo168
2/10/2015 7:31am
That's Great that the bike was recovered! You'd think that the cops would have dusted for prints though, because the stolen bike was linked to the same report as stolen weapons and prescription meds, of which both can carry Felony charges. Oh well, I'm glad for you, and hopefully the guns will show up too someday!
imoto316
2/10/2015 7:31am
Glad to hear your good news.

Wouldn't it be great if you put a "found announcement" out and the thief responded?

Maybe you were lucky enough to have someone of low intelligence and wisdom steal the bike who would respond to such an announcement. The trick would be finding the medium for the announcement because most likely someone who would fall for it wouldn't be the kind of person who reads the paper or want ads.
superorbital
2/10/2015 7:50am
Hell yeah congrats!!! Good thing you live in Colorado....should be easy to replace your meds.
jndmx
2/10/2015 7:51am
Glad to hear you got the dirt scooter back man....
MarkF
2/10/2015 8:12am
Happy for ya.
Myke
Fantasy
2861st
2/10/2015 8:35am
Great news!
DC323
2/10/2015 9:44am Edited Date/Time 2/10/2015 9:49am
Trav138 wrote:
Cygnus wrote:
Kinda know but the cops laughed when I asked if they tryed to get prints. I won't say they are worthless since they waited an hour...
Kinda know but the cops laughed when I asked if they tryed to get prints. I won't say they are worthless since they waited an hour and a half for me to pick it up.

Front end is tweaked. Brake rotor is bent bad.
It would have been a waste of time most likely. The chance of good prints being left behind on a bike that has been sitting outside for an unknown amount of time is slim to none. Also, it doesn't prove a thing besides the fact it was touched by a particular individual. In my area you'd need more than a fingerprint to prosecute. It's our job to try to find evidence, it could lead to a suspect.. but it is very, very unlikely.

- I'm a cop.
Cygnus
2/10/2015 9:49am
Trav138 wrote:
Cygnus wrote:
Kinda know but the cops laughed when I asked if they tryed to get prints. I won't say they are worthless since they waited an hour...
Kinda know but the cops laughed when I asked if they tryed to get prints. I won't say they are worthless since they waited an hour and a half for me to pick it up.

Front end is tweaked. Brake rotor is bent bad.
DC323 wrote:
It would have been a waste of time most likely. The chance of good prints being left behind on a bike that has been sitting outside...
It would have been a waste of time most likely. The chance of good prints being left behind on a bike that has been sitting outside for an unknown amount of time is slim to none. Also, it doesn't prove a thing besides the fact it was touched by a particular individual. In my area you'd need more than a fingerprint to prosecute. It's our job to try to find evidence, it could lead to a suspect.. but it is very, very unlikely.

- I'm a cop.
I hear ya. They did say that since the folks that found it actually dragged it up to the road that there were way to many prints to decipher any leads. Thanks for all the comments guys. I'm very happy still and am working on a parts order now and am gonna take my forks to Denver and my good friend and I will do em up at his shop. Where is the best place to buy the SKF seal kit? I need to order them today from somewhere so I get them in time.
Outsider
2/10/2015 10:20am
Good deal man!
jhansen510
Fantasy
3559th
2/10/2015 10:34am
jhansen510 wrote:
The fact is that stolen property is definitely not a high priority. If it is stumbled upon it will sometimes make it back to the rightful...
The fact is that stolen property is definitely not a high priority. If it is stumbled upon it will sometimes make it back to the rightful owner. Today's day and age catching someone speeding is a much higher priority. I am not saying cops are no good but will say that things have definitely changed.
mxb2 wrote:
Depends on the poice dept and area, busy departments are sometimes to busy for speed enforcement, high crime areas, assault ,robbery, rape , murder all take...
Depends on the poice dept and area, busy departments are sometimes to busy for speed enforcement, high crime areas, assault ,robbery, rape , murder all take priority over speeding, crimes of property. Simple solution , drive the speed limit or pay the ticket.
Sorry I should have said (around here). I live in a very nice area so there is not a ton of "crime" going on. I am sorry to insult you but I do feel that as a whole cops are not what they once were. But you could say the same thing about the decline in our society. I respect what you do and where you do it. That is a tough area. Stay safe out there Billy.
mxb2
2/10/2015 10:44am
jhansen510 wrote:
mxb2 wrote:
Depends on the poice dept and area, busy departments are sometimes to busy for speed enforcement, high crime areas, assault ,robbery, rape , murder all take...
jhansen510 wrote:
Sorry I should have said (around here). I live in a very nice area so there is not a ton of "crime" going on. I am...
Sorry I should have said (around here). I live in a very nice area so there is not a ton of "crime" going on. I am sorry to insult you but I do feel that as a whole cops are not what they once were. But you could say the same thing about the decline in our society. I respect what you do and where you do it. That is a tough area. Stay safe out there Billy.
Thanks man, , you do the same.
2/10/2015 10:47am
Cops are spread thinner than ever. And crime is high. And with media fueling the bashing of police people look at all cops as if they're corrupt.

A cop doesn't choose to become a cop because they wanted to kill and abuse power.
jhansen510
Fantasy
3559th
2/10/2015 11:05am
jhansen510 wrote:
mxb2 wrote:
Crash82
Fantasy
2187th
2/10/2015 12:29pm Edited Date/Time 2/10/2015 12:30pm
Back in 1981 I had one stolen and the dumb asses peeled my numbers off and took it to the track, you could still see the outline of the numbers. Cops didn't do anything but make them give my bike back, it was trashed though. West Side! Glad you got it back.

Post a reply to: Got my stolen bike back

The Latest