Got my stolen bike back

Related:
Create New Tag

2/9/2015 6:43 PM
Edited Date/Time: 2/9/2015 6:45 PM

Got a call Friday night about 5:30 from the police. They found my stolen crf450. As some may remember I was robbed back in oct and they took my bike along with my guns and a bunch of meds. Well they must have decided It was cooled off enough to go for a joy ride and must have gotten off trail and down and embankment and couldn't get it out. So the folks who saw the bike down the side of the mountain dragged it up to the road and called the police to see if it was hot. Well I'm glad I reported it cause she is home now.

Photo

|

well we ain't the smartest folks in the world...i mean we're fucking dirtbike riders for christ sakes.- BobbyM

If you chose not to decide you still have made a chioce.

2/9/2015 6:48 PM

I'm happy for you man. Any leads on the scum who stole it?

|

2/9/2015 6:54 PM

Crazy! Don't often hear of dirt bikes making their way home once they've wandered off

|

Cheers, Crush
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2/9/2015 6:57 PM

Trav138 wrote:

Black male, aged 16-30, 6' tall, white tee shirt, blue jeans.... you know, the usual

|

2/9/2015 6:59 PM

Trav138 wrote:

Kinda know but the cops laughed when I asked if they tryed to get prints. I won't say they are worthless since they waited an hour and a half for me to pick it up.

Front end is tweaked. Brake rotor is bent bad.

|

well we ain't the smartest folks in the world...i mean we're fucking dirtbike riders for christ sakes.- BobbyM

2/9/2015 7:03 PM

Glad you got it back!! Now if only you could find out who done it, and get your guns back.

|

Osama Bin Mixin - Head of the 2-stroke Taliban

2/9/2015 7:13 PM

Hopefully the tweaked front end and bent rotor brought a lot of pain to the piece of shit that stole it!!!

|

2/9/2015 7:19 PM

Congrats on getting your bike back Cyg! It's rare, but great to see when it happens.

|

2/9/2015 7:28 PM

Trav138 wrote:

dirtscooter111 wrote:

Black male, aged 16-30, 6' tall, white tee shirt, blue jeans.... you know, the usual

EXACTLY.!

|

2/9/2015 7:28 PM

That's awesome! Why would they still your medicine though? was it pain killers?

|

2/9/2015 7:31 PM

racin mason wrote:

Hopefully the tweaked front end and bent rotor brought a lot of pain to the piece of shit that stole it!!!

Hopefully they died.

|

2/9/2015 7:38 PM

Glad you got your bike back. That happened to me one time way back in the 80s. I got the bike back damaged and the punk got caught and was ordered to pay restitution but that was never gonna happen.

|

2/9/2015 7:42 PM

Wow, that's awesome news for ya.

|

2/9/2015 7:42 PM

ChrisB10 wrote:

colorado.....

|

2/9/2015 7:43 PM
Edited Date/Time: 2/9/2015 7:44 PM

ChrisB10 wrote:

I live in colorado. Just sayin.

|

2/9/2015 7:47 PM

ChrisB10 wrote:

Cygnus wrote:

I live in colorado. Just sayin.

laughing
Awesome news by the way.cool
|

2/9/2015 7:49 PM

Trav138 wrote:

Cygnus wrote:

Kinda know but the cops laughed when I asked if they tryed to get prints. I won't say they are worthless since they waited an ...more

Congrats!
|

2/9/2015 7:53 PM

I put an oversized rotor on my '08, you can have my stocker if you want it.

|

2/9/2015 8:10 PM

Trav138 wrote:

Cygnus wrote:

Kinda know but the cops laughed when I asked if they tryed to get prints. I won't say they are worthless since they waited an ...more

Worthless ? Not really, they could have impounded it and had you pay tow fees,and storage fee. So them waiting for you was cool of them.

|

2/9/2015 8:18 PM

Trav138 wrote:

Cygnus wrote:

Did you remind them there were firearms stolen as well?
Sometimes you have to put two and two together for people.

|

2/9/2015 8:20 PM

Trav138 wrote:

Cygnus wrote:

mxb2 wrote:

Worthless ? Not really, they could have impounded it and had you pay tow fees,and storage fee. So them waiting for you was ...more

Easy tiger, He said he won't say they're worthless. My brother got the same response when he asked about dusting for prints on his stolen car that was recovered.

|

2/9/2015 8:32 PM

Hopefully the guns don't have sentimental value (like most of mine do). No matter what, this is an awesome story.

|

2/9/2015 8:32 PM

Congrats!

|

2/9/2015 8:33 PM

Great news Cygnus, she still looks good.
2006?

|

2/9/2015 8:38 PM

Cygnus wrote:

mxb2 wrote:

Worthless ? Not really, they could have impounded it and had you pay tow fees,and storage fee. So them waiting for you was ...more

vanillaice782 wrote:

Easy tiger, He said he won't say they're worthless. My brother got the same response when he asked about dusting for prints on ...more

Recovering a stolen vehicle and recovering a greasy stolen dirt bike, and checking for prints. 2 different things. Good news, he got it back

|

2/9/2015 8:58 PM

The fact is that stolen property is definitely not a high priority. If it is stumbled upon it will sometimes make it back to the rightful owner. Today's day and age catching someone speeding is a much higher priority. I am not saying cops are no good but will say that things have definitely changed.

|

2/9/2015 9:03 PM

Great deal Cyg! I would take the tweaked front and bent rotor as opposed to never seeing it at all again. Glad the police actually followed up the report and happy you had the bike info in the system to get it back.

Hopefully the thieves were bent up as well.

|

2/9/2015 9:19 PM

Cool deal Cygnus. That is cool of them to wait for you to pick it up instead of impounding it. They lucked into a computer that was stolen from my work. Long story short, it took a year to get it back. When it was time to release it, they made it as difficult as possible.

|

2/9/2015 11:37 PM

You will probably get a few of your guns back over the years if they were registered to you. Sheriffs department processes recovered weapons that were used in crimes. They will look up the registered owner and return it to you if it's a legal weapon to possess in your state. My uncle had guns stolen 30 years ago and he gets a call about every few years about returning one to him. The last was a big ass 45 revolver. They even delivered it to his house

|

"What happens to your hands when you crash?"
"I put my hands up real quick to protect my sunglasses"

2/9/2015 11:39 PM

Right on Cyg!! Glad you got her back! Hopefully when they found your bike all beat up like that , was because the thief wrecked his brains out and the dead corpse was about 10' away. We can only wish. smile

|

And there goes Jeffro. One of God's own prototypes. A super high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.

Ezza is Da man!

Pimpin' Ho's , Rollin' fatty's......drinkin' beers , beers , beers!! ~ Ja