Got a special souvenir from Redd BUUUD

Edited Date/Time 7/8/2013 4:40pm

Me and my buddies are staying in the same hotel as reed so we went and talked to the mechanics while they were workin on stuff. We left them alone and went back inside. But when we went to go back to the car we watched the mechanics throw his plastcis away!! So of course we went an got them. Hell of a souvenir
|
Seamorbutts
7/7/2013 7:01am
Cool, but why would they take the numbers off? Would of been alot sweeter if they had the numbers still.
7/7/2013 7:43am
Good for you.....last week after the wick seen his crew putting all the plastics in a garbage bag so I asked if I could have it...they said no they dont give it away and had to keep it......makes me wonder.Why not give it to someone if it is only going in the trash anyway.Seems pretty low to me
bullpen658
7/7/2013 7:52am
I've always wished I could be on the list to receive all of the stuff the factory guys literally throw in the garbage. Like new tires, chains, sprockets, plastics, etc.

The Shop

GuyB
Fantasy
988th
7/7/2013 9:22am
bullpen658 wrote:
I've always wished I could be on the list to receive all of the stuff the factory guys literally throw in the garbage. Like new tires...
I've always wished I could be on the list to receive all of the stuff the factory guys literally throw in the garbage. Like new tires, chains, sprockets, plastics, etc.
Take-off tires usually get recycled with the teams onto practice bikes.
toolie
7/7/2013 9:26am
Budgets are getting so tight these days most teams keep the old plastic, Brake pads,Chains ect ect off the race bikes to use on Practice bikes. That's why its in a big trash bag.
bullpen658
7/7/2013 4:05pm
bullpen658 wrote:
I've always wished I could be on the list to receive all of the stuff the factory guys literally throw in the garbage. Like new tires...
GuyB wrote:
As broke and desperate as I am, I'd take the tires after they've been taken off the practice bikes too! I'm sure they're still in very good condition....but I'm making an ASSumption again.
MotoX85
7/7/2013 5:19pm
I thought you were going to say herpegonasyphylaids. On par with some of the lot lizards that show up.

Where are the shroud graphics? You mean they actually ran numbers instead of side panel graphics.
7/7/2013 5:55pm
bullpen658 wrote:
GuyB wrote:
I know some of the "factory " prototype tires can't be sold or given to us common folk.
Even when J-Law would sell off new & used tires @ the track there were some he couldn't sell
I've heard from friends of other Pro's as well
7/7/2013 6:27pm
MotoX85 wrote:
I thought you were going to say herpegonasyphylaids. On par with some of the lot lizards that show up. Where are the shroud graphics? You mean...
I thought you were going to say herpegonasyphylaids. On par with some of the lot lizards that show up.

Where are the shroud graphics? You mean they actually ran numbers instead of side panel graphics.
They took all the graphics off except the front and rear fender ones. An his number wasnt a graphic just 2 individual numbers. But they left the AMA pro racing sticker on them? I dont know why.
mmitoptech
7/7/2013 7:11pm
MotoX85 wrote:
I thought you were going to say herpegonasyphylaids. On par with some of the lot lizards that show up. Where are the shroud graphics? You mean...

They took all the graphics off except the front and rear fender ones. An his number wasnt a graphic just 2 individual numbers. But they left...
They took all the graphics off except the front and rear fender ones. An his number wasnt a graphic just 2 individual numbers. But they left the AMA pro racing sticker on them? I dont know why.
It was a limited edition graphic kit that will be available to the public. I'm guessing they didn't want it in someones hands before being released?
GoonSquad250x
Fantasy
4002nd
7/7/2013 7:22pm
Damn that's pretty cool. Man they thrash alot of good stuff. Stuff we run for a couple of months or longer, they throw away after a race or few practices. Crazy.
Hman144
Fantasy
714th
7/8/2013 10:51am
Cool, but why would they take the numbers off? Would of been alot sweeter if they had the numbers still.
Prolly gonna re-use 'em. Economy, y'know.

H
NoGo
7/8/2013 11:38am
Hman144 wrote:

H
reuse the numbers? I don't see how scrimping like that really saves long term if they're still throwing plastics away at every round
avidchimp
Fantasy
1182nd
7/8/2013 11:56am
toolie wrote:
Budgets are getting so tight these days most teams keep the old plastic, Brake pads,Chains ect ect off the race bikes to use on Practice bikes...
Budgets are getting so tight these days most teams keep the old plastic, Brake pads,Chains ect ect off the race bikes to use on Practice bikes. That's why its in a big trash bag.
I remember the days they used to run over worn out factory frames and swingarms with a tractor. Ah, the good ole days...
peelout
7/8/2013 11:58am
Hman144 wrote:

H
maybe Chad's going to put them on his garbage can at home... that's what happens to all my old number plate decals
IWreckALot
7/8/2013 12:44pm
Motodave15 wrote:
Where is the ransom video?
Where is the ransom video?
Yeah what are your demands?
SKIDLID
Fantasy
761st
7/8/2013 3:41pm
peelout wrote:
maybe Chad's going to put them on his garbage can at home... that's what happens to all my old number plate decals
So I am not the only one that puts them on their garbage cans, I am normal?
MX Culture
7/8/2013 4:22pm
contact Factory Effex for new numbers, re-install and have autographed at Millville
jathey
7/8/2013 4:40pm
bullpen658 wrote:
GuyB wrote:
A very famous factory mechanic once gave me a stack of 'used' tires. One of them ended up being a factory Dunlop prototype of what became the D737. (It didn't have a model stamped into it and the little triangular side knobs were hollowed out.) That thing was awesome. This was about 1996, so I'm sure things have changed.

Post a reply to: Got a special souvenir from Redd BUUUD

The Latest