|

5/19/2018 2:36 PM

Finally!

|

"Sorry Goose, but it's time to buzz the tower."

5/19/2018 2:43 PM

Does this mean no more Craigslist threads? blink

Just playing haha

Nice looking bike, looks low hours judging by the seat cover. Those stock tires?

|

If you're not mixing gas, you're not haulin ass.

5/19/2018 2:50 PM
Edited Date/Time: 5/19/2018 2:51 PM

TrailDigger wrote:

Does this mean no more Craigslist threads? blink

Just playing haha

Nice looking bike, looks low hours judging by the seat cover. ...more

Rear is not stock I'm not sure about the front
Guy i got it from had it for 1 yr and said he rode it twice
In that time, he put the rear tire on when he got it
, he said original owner
Claimed to have only ridden on trails
But not sure why he would put on an FMF pipe for that.
That's all I really know
But condition is good

|

5/19/2018 2:59 PM

Nice bike! I'll bet it ends up being a "free" bike. Free in that you can probably sell it for what you paid for it when you get done with it and decide to sell. Have fun with it!

|

5/19/2018 3:10 PM
Edited Date/Time: 5/19/2018 3:11 PM

newmann wrote:

Nice bike! I'll bet it ends up being a "free" bike. Free in that you can probably sell it for what you paid for it when you ...more

I totally though of that
And I think so too

And thank you

|

5/19/2018 3:26 PM

newmann wrote:

Nice bike! I'll bet it ends up being a "free" bike. Free in that you can probably sell it for what you paid for it when you ...more

I like your accounting techniques

|

5/19/2018 5:20 PM

Good job ! That's a clean low hr. bike you got. You'll really like the handling / turning of the 3rd gen AF Honda (bar none).

|

Speak softly and carry a big stick.

5/19/2018 8:00 PM

Nice! Haven't seen an fmf REV pipe in a minute.

|

5/20/2018 12:25 AM

Nice bike Tarz, if you sell it... I'm going to personally hire someone to kick your ass. If you dare mention... Well guy's, I really want a four stroke, you'll get your ass kicked, if you don't learn to maintain the bike... another ass whupp'n. If you spend half the time riding as you do on Craigslist you'll probably podium. That bike is a keeper.

|

There's something happening here, what it is ain't exactly clear.

5/20/2018 12:38 AM

Tarz, before you go BRAPP'n crazy, check your radiator, (bottom picture).

|

5/20/2018 7:24 AM

ledger wrote:

Nice bike Tarz, if you sell it... I'm going to personally hire someone to kick your ass. If you dare mention... Well guy's, I ...more

laughing I 2nd that..
|

Speak softly and carry a big stick.

5/20/2018 2:51 PM

ledger wrote:

Haha, good catch. It looks like an accordion!!

|

5/20/2018 2:53 PM

Well gard dang!! Finally!! Haha. Congrat's man. Glad to see you got one. Now get back out there and have fun.

|

And there goes Jeffro. One of God's own prototypes. A super high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.

Pimpin' Ho's , Rollin' fatty's......drinkin' beers , beers , beers!! ~ Ja

5/20/2018 3:05 PM

JWACK wrote:

Nice! Haven't seen an fmf REV pipe in a minute.

Me either.. when did they even make them? I remember my cousin having one on his 02cr

|

5/20/2018 3:09 PM
Edited Date/Time: 5/20/2018 3:33 PM

Thank the lord!!!!!

Also looks like a great find. Put an afternarket seat on it and new set of plastics and keep the oem stuff in a box to save its value.

|

5/20/2018 5:58 PM

ledger wrote:

Left side Radiator is bent a little
But full and not leaking

|

5/20/2018 8:54 PM

Great buy. Looking for the same. 2003 is last mechanical powervalve engine, but 3rd (and last) generation frame.

|

5/20/2018 9:40 PM

Tarz, you know me well enough to know I was just messing around with you, and yz133rider made a great suggestion about saving the seat and plastics. Plenty of YouTube vids on how to maintain the bike, it's a two stroke, so it's really easy and you'll feel good knowing that you can do it yourself... saves you quite a bit of $$ too.

|

5/21/2018 7:16 AM

-MAVERICK- wrote:

Finally!

X2

|

5/21/2018 5:27 PM
Edited Date/Time: 5/21/2018 5:35 PM

Tarz483...

NICE! You have a lot of work ahead of you, but so rewarding is...

Get the basics in order... ALL of them. As other members have stated, get it right before you go all warrior and shit. So many vids online, and you'll learn to winnow the good advice from the bad. But do all fluids, check fasteners, etc. FIRST. So much to list... The work is not insurmountable. Get an official Service Manual.

You've admired one of my 05' CR125 units in another thread where you wanted info about an Lectron carb for your YZ125. How's the YZ125 running?

https://www.vitalmx.com/forums/Moto-Related,20/Lectron-Carb-YZ250-2-stroke,1320821

What makes a bike good is "inner beauty", just like a good gal. Get it in top mechanical condition first. "Bling won't make it sing". I have about $4500 into that bike overall and only $150 of it is stickers and plastics. It actually is a "Budget Build". Runs superbly and would do so without flashy plastic. Don't be a sticker mechanic.

I have another 07' build in progress on here, but got sidetracked with medical issues, but am GTG now. It's gonna be a delight!

I see you are in Minnesota, where there are only two seasons... Winter, and Winter is coming.

Take the time to get it in "fighting" shape first. Hard work, $$$ and time. You got this. Post in the Tech/Race Forum if you need help.

|

5/22/2018 9:03 PM

YamahaJT1 wrote:

Tarz483...

NICE! You have a lot of work ahead of you, but so rewarding is...

Get the basics in order... ALL of them. As ...more

I sold The YZ125
The lectron carbs sound awsome though

|