Gorman Mx death

rongi#401
Heard someone died the other day there, anyone have any info on who he was??
|
mattyhamz2
Fantasy
846th
10/10/2020 9:10pm
rongi#401 wrote:
Damn... really? I hope not. There have been A LOT of injuries there recently though. Way too many people getting air lifted in the last year or so from the track.
rongi#401
10/10/2020 10:56pm Edited Date/Time 10/10/2020 10:57pm
rongi#401 wrote:
mattyhamz2 wrote:
Damn... really? I hope not. There have been A LOT of injuries there recently though. Way too many people getting air lifted in the last year...
Damn... really? I hope not. There have been A LOT of injuries there recently though. Way too many people getting air lifted in the last year or so from the track.
Yeah 100% confirmed, my buddy was standing there when they stopped doing cpr, no info on who he was, he was there with his girlfriend and friend. He launched off the burm after the finish line right before the two doubles on the left hand side of the track
Gworm
10/11/2020 5:42am
Yes, very sad. My prayers are with the family.

The Shop

CarlinoJoeVideo
Fantasy
2361st
10/11/2020 8:33am
So sad to hear. Someone told me on Saturday when I was up there. I guess it happened on Friday.
Skuzzy29
10/11/2020 9:03am
rongi#401 wrote:
Yeah 100% confirmed, my buddy was standing there when they stopped doing cpr, no info on who he was, he was there with his girlfriend and...
Yeah 100% confirmed, my buddy was standing there when they stopped doing cpr, no info on who he was, he was there with his girlfriend and friend. He launched off the burm after the finish line right before the two doubles on the left hand side of the track
I've never raced there but a friend of mine was airlifted out of there a couple of years ago. His GF said he went off a corner that drops like 8' down to a hard surface. Could this be the same corner?
10/11/2020 9:16am
Dying with your boots on doing what you love is a far better way to go than most of us will experience. RIP moto brother.
mx#58
10/11/2020 11:02am
it was Aaron Arnbrister from kerman ca, he was a great guy, and would help anyone out. R.I.P Aaron
Fastway36
10/13/2020 12:19pm
mx#58 Thanks for adding that he was a good guy. He was a great friend, he was my next door neighbor for seven years, my boys raced with his nephew. He was a very good rider, friend, husband and Dad. I recently got back in touch with him, we were going to start riding together, street & dirt. Very sad day. God Bless him and his family always.
hubbardmx50
10/13/2020 12:58pm
Horrible news, rest easy Aaron. I’ve never been to Gorman but had a buddy break his leg really bad on the trails. Is the track sketchy?
rongi#401
10/13/2020 1:15pm
They’ve tried to make the track safer by simplifying it, but have actually made it more dangerous even to a good rider like Aaron, the area he wrecked in is easily a 5th gear section that goes into a jump and turns to hit two doubles. From what I hear he somehow launched off the burm and clear over the fence and off the premises
wrc777
Fantasy
587th
10/13/2020 2:34pm
rongi#401 wrote:
They’ve tried to make the track safer by simplifying it, but have actually made it more dangerous even to a good rider like Aaron, the area...
They’ve tried to make the track safer by simplifying it, but have actually made it more dangerous even to a good rider like Aaron, the area he wrecked in is easily a 5th gear section that goes into a jump and turns to hit two doubles. From what I hear he somehow launched off the burm and clear over the fence and off the premises
Makes you wonder if there was another medical issue like heart attack or stroke and that was the reason for loss of control.
Rawly
10/13/2020 3:59pm
RIP Aaron. Sounds like you were a great guy. I’m sure that we’ve shared the track over the years. Was up there on Monday and while walking my dogs I noticed that the fence was messed up and could tell that there was some foot traffic in the area. Had no idea that the crash was so bad. This is such terrible news to hear. A few fire trucks showed up while I was riding and the two crews went out and walked the section where the accident happened all the way up to the right turn after the double. They were there for quite a while. now I understand what they were doing there. Walking near , and riding that section will not be the same anymore. Godspeed Aaron.
jwoltz
10/13/2020 8:58pm
rongi#401 wrote:
They’ve tried to make the track safer by simplifying it, but have actually made it more dangerous even to a good rider like Aaron, the area...
He was one of my very close friends. OTHG member. He was there with his wife and another one of my friends riding before the trip to pala to watch the national. I guess there is a roller or a hole at the landing prior to the doubles
Mentioned. I’ve never been there......it was Aaron’s first time there. He was trying to clear that I believe, made a mistake, and ended up in the fence in an inverted position. We believe he passed instantly. I don’t think the track guys should take any heat. They all tried really hard for a long time. It was brutal for all involved, and continues to be brutal. Anytime a life is lost in an instant like that, it is hard to comprehend. He was an amazing man and father as previously mentioned. He was an equally good friend, and would do anything for you. True throwback he was. Any track, and road, and cross walk, accidents happen. This one just hits home cause it was at the track.
kage173
10/14/2020 4:38am
jwoltz wrote:
He was one of my very close friends. OTHG member. He was there with his wife and another one of my friends riding before the trip...
He was one of my very close friends. OTHG member. He was there with his wife and another one of my friends riding before the trip to pala to watch the national. I guess there is a roller or a hole at the landing prior to the doubles
Mentioned. I’ve never been there......it was Aaron’s first time there. He was trying to clear that I believe, made a mistake, and ended up in the fence in an inverted position. We believe he passed instantly. I don’t think the track guys should take any heat. They all tried really hard for a long time. It was brutal for all involved, and continues to be brutal. Anytime a life is lost in an instant like that, it is hard to comprehend. He was an amazing man and father as previously mentioned. He was an equally good friend, and would do anything for you. True throwback he was. Any track, and road, and cross walk, accidents happen. This one just hits home cause it was at the track.
Well said. Sounds like he was a good guy.
deluxeman
10/14/2020 4:10pm
Prayers to his Family and friends, always a sad day when you lose someone you love. Godspeed
B Lenny
10/14/2020 8:21pm Edited Date/Time 10/14/2020 8:53pm
rongi#401 wrote:
mattyhamz2 wrote:
Damn... really? I hope not. There have been A LOT of injuries there recently though. Way too many people getting air lifted in the last year...
That's been going on for years...I use to go there when it was really popular..I had a friend who was airlifted from there..He really screwed himself up..RIP Brother..
Ti
10/14/2020 8:47pm
jwoltz wrote:
He was one of my very close friends. OTHG member. He was there with his wife and another one of my friends riding before the trip...
Hi jwoltz, so sorry to hear about this... GODSPEED Aaron....

How can we help his family?
numbers
10/14/2020 8:51pm
rongi#401 wrote:
mattyhamz2 wrote:
B Lenny wrote:
That's been going on for years...I use to go there when it was really popular..I had a friend who was airlifted from there..He really screwed himself...
That's been going on for years...I use to go there when it was really popular..I had a friend who was airlifted from there..He really screwed himself up..RIP Brother..
Lotta riders have went over burms. Don't understand the drop offs they are encountering.
mattyhamz2
Fantasy
846th
10/14/2020 9:09pm
rongi#401 wrote:
mattyhamz2 wrote:
B Lenny wrote:
That's been going on for years...I use to go there when it was really popular..I had a friend who was airlifted from there..He really screwed himself...
Same here. I grew up not far from there and rode there a lot. Same with my pops. The last year there had been really really bad. Like rongi said, the track is so simple now that people are going really fast, even guys without the experience and knowledge. It’s sad and I hate to see these guys getting hurt and losing their lives. I really wish we could figure out how to keep injuries and deaths to an absolute minimum.

His family and friends are in our prayers.
Dimblewambie
10/14/2020 9:25pm
jwoltz wrote:
So sorry for your loss mate, RIP Aaron Arnbrister. Sincere condolences to his family and friends.
B Lenny
10/14/2020 11:11pm Edited Date/Time 10/14/2020 11:16pm
mattyhamz2 wrote:
B Lenny wrote:
mattyhamz2 wrote:
Same here. I grew up not far from there and rode there a lot. Same with my pops. The last year there had been really really...
Same here. I grew up not far from there and rode there a lot. Same with my pops. The last year there had been really really bad. Like rongi said, the track is so simple now that people are going really fast, even guys without the experience and knowledge. It’s sad and I hate to see these guys getting hurt and losing their lives. I really wish we could figure out how to keep injuries and deaths to an absolute minimum.

His family and friends are in our prayers.
That use to be one track that would tire me out after a few laps it had so much shit on it...Took a little skill to ride that track...Sad
karnbrister
11/26/2020 11:35pm Edited Date/Time 11/26/2020 11:36pm
Aaron is my older brother, He went out on a practice ride as he road frequently, very experienced. This was a freak accident. He had called his Mom before the last lap saying he was going to go around 1 more time and then pack up but he never made it around. My sister in law, his long time girlfriend was with him along with my 12 year old niece, his only daughter.

There is a go fund me still up but he was a mechanic and owned his own business in Kerman. Most of our family is still in the area. Aaron went out doing what he loved.

Indy mxer
11/27/2020 5:11am
Aaron is my older brother, He went out on a practice ride as he road frequently, very experienced. This was a freak accident. He had called...
Aaron is my older brother, He went out on a practice ride as he road frequently, very experienced. This was a freak accident. He had called his Mom before the last lap saying he was going to go around 1 more time and then pack up but he never made it around. My sister in law, his long time girlfriend was with him along with my 12 year old niece, his only daughter.

There is a go fund me still up but he was a mechanic and owned his own business in Kerman. Most of our family is still in the area. Aaron went out doing what he loved.

I'm really so sorry for your loss.

Last Wednesday we had an 18 year old boy form our group decide life wasn't worth living and he shot himself in his Dad's back yard. His Dad found him. He had a good life going and a great family. He had just graduated and was working in his Dads excavating business. No one knew he was fighting so many demons. Everyone is still in shock here.

Life just sucks sometimes.

God speed to your brother!!
brocster
11/27/2020 6:19am
Lost my good friend on Sept 26 2020 to riding and I think this is the 3rd death since. All of which read to be experienced riders.This sucks. Godspeed to all.

Stay safe moto brithers

WillyB
11/29/2020 9:25am
Being local to Aaron I'm bummed I never got the pleasure of meeting/riding with him. RIP my moto brother...

Post a reply to: Gorman Mx death

The Latest