Good woods bars?

Related:
Create New Tag

4/3/2019 1:39 PM

Looking for a new set as i mangled my bars this past race. I have the neken stock bars with the enduro engineering mount (bent the stock the week previous) and i guess neken bars cant hold up? I am looking at bars but keep getting confused on which numbers/model to choose. I have looked at the charts but im more of a “hands on” feel type of person. Needing bars to hold all my controls + full wrap probend mounts. I would like to maybe get a bit more flex out of the bars as well as the nekens are SUPER RIGID hitting anything at speed. Im also 6’ 1 maybe 2” tall and the stock ktm neken bend caused me to have to keep my arms straight out instead of bent even with the bars straight up.

Deciding between the renthal 1 1/8 fat bars or the mika pro series 1 1/8 bars....

|

4/3/2019 1:54 PM

I'm 6 1 and run the stock Ktm/factory Suzuki bend Evos on my YZ, I don't share that problem. They have the least amount of sweep and rise out of most bends. Mine make you want to point your elbows out more than keep my arms straight. Maybe the bend is different on different brands?

|

4/3/2019 1:54 PM

Theyl run you about....tree fiddyPhoto

|

4/3/2019 6:29 PM

Sunrise lake bar on the north side of Evart motorcycle trail. Leroy MIchigan. Best bar in the woods! Photo

|

4/3/2019 6:35 PM

My Beta came with Neken bars and I like the bend but I can feel how rigid they are and will replace soon. The KTM/Factory Suzuki bend works well for me, probably Protaper

|

4/3/2019 6:45 PM

Bend is all preference but I like the pro taper contour evos. I'm 6'2 and run the carmichael bend.

|

Unleaded tastes a little tangy. Supreme is kinda sour, and diesel tastes pretty good.

4/3/2019 7:02 PM

Alec138 wrote:

Looking for a new set as i mangled my bars this past race. I have the neken stock bars with the enduro engineering mount (bent ...more

Flex bars

|

4/3/2019 7:07 PM

Pro Taper Evos are a huge flex improvement over the stock Nekken bars.

Bend is personal preference but I recently found the SX Race bend and discovered it perfect for a woods rider that likes to stand up more than sit.

|

4/3/2019 7:23 PM

Photo
|

Don’t piss off the old people - the older they get the less “life in prison” is a deterrent for them!

2020.5 KTM 450 SXF FE
2006 KX250

4/4/2019 1:45 PM

Mika fat bars! I'm trying the MC bend which is a hair shorter than my norm. I'm 6' if that helps.

|

4/4/2019 1:51 PM

mika bars bend like a wet noodle.

|