Good summer riding destinations? Looking for places to intern at next summer (mechanical engineer)

PACman786
6/30/2021 9:40am
Another vote for michigan.

A lot of great tracks depending on where you end up with opportunties to ride up to 5 days a week if you're willing to drive. Tracks have some variety in style and dirt so you wont get bored. If you're in lower michigan there are also some tracks in ohio worth hitting (from what i've heard).

I am not sure on internship availability but lots of engineering openings in automotive out here so im sure there are internships as well. I browse indeed every once in awhile and there are always new job postings.
walent215
7/1/2021 6:00am
bh wrote:
Like the title says I'm looking for places to intern at summer 2022, I'm going to be a sophomore at Clemson this year majoring in mechanical...
Like the title says I'm looking for places to intern at summer 2022, I'm going to be a sophomore at Clemson this year majoring in mechanical engineering. I've lived in upstate sc all my life and I want to see some more of the country.

I've been looking at Boise, Idaho and Cedar Rapids, Iowa as of late. My plan is to either stay in a campground or maybe find a local track with a hookup where I could exchange some labor/track help for rent.

Anyways I'm just looking for some ideas, and if there are any other fellow mechanical engineers out there help a brother out lol, its been harder than I thought it would be to find a good internship.

China Lake Naval Weapons Center in California has great junior professional programs ! The weather isn’t the most inviting though . I’d seriously look into it from a learning perspective . We live and work here and it has been good to us. My son is working towards his ME degree also and plans to work here as well.
bh
7/1/2021 10:59am
bh wrote:
Like the title says I'm looking for places to intern at summer 2022, I'm going to be a sophomore at Clemson this year majoring in mechanical...
Like the title says I'm looking for places to intern at summer 2022, I'm going to be a sophomore at Clemson this year majoring in mechanical engineering. I've lived in upstate sc all my life and I want to see some more of the country.

I've been looking at Boise, Idaho and Cedar Rapids, Iowa as of late. My plan is to either stay in a campground or maybe find a local track with a hookup where I could exchange some labor/track help for rent.

Anyways I'm just looking for some ideas, and if there are any other fellow mechanical engineers out there help a brother out lol, its been harder than I thought it would be to find a good internship.

walent215 wrote:
China Lake Naval Weapons Center in California has great junior professional programs ! The weather isn’t the most inviting though . I’d seriously look into it...
China Lake Naval Weapons Center in California has great junior professional programs ! The weather isn’t the most inviting though . I’d seriously look into it from a learning perspective . We live and work here and it has been good to us. My son is working towards his ME degree also and plans to work here as well.
is it just a military base out there? How does it work? Do you live on base?
walent215
7/1/2021 11:35am
bh wrote:

walent215 wrote:
China Lake Naval Weapons Center in California has great junior professional programs ! The weather isn’t the most inviting though . I’d seriously look into it...
bh wrote:
is it just a military base out there? How does it work? Do you live on base?
Google Ridgecrest/ China Lake
Way too much detail to post on here but they offer some really great career opportunities and pay for schooling etc ... I’d be happy to talk to you if your interested . You can text or call me 760-608-1688 , Chris

The Shop

Post a reply to: Good summer riding destinations? Looking for places to intern at next summer (mechanical engineer)

The Latest