Good interview with BB4 and Aldon Baker on racerxVT

pecu_83
Edited Date/Time 11/5/2012 2:20pm
http://www.racerxvt.com/article/interview-aldon-baker-and-blake-baggett…;

Also touches the PED issue a bit:

Well, Blake the last topic I want to touch on is that of performance enhancing drug use in Motocross. Lance Armstrong has been the topic of conversation as of late and I think we all can see the devastating effects of PEDs to an athlete’s career. Do you think that PED use in motocross is a problem that deserves more scrutiny from the people in charge or is the whole topic a non-issue?
BB: Ah, I knew this question was coming (laughs). As far as testing goes, they can test me anytime they want. I know I’m clean and have nothing to hide. In my opinion, you can take all the drugs you want and still not win a championship. It might help a rider gain a few spots but it’s not going to take a 15th place guy and make him a champion. You still have to have the skill.
Aldon: You know we have heard the accusations this year from a few people that Blake is doing something wrong. People don’t get to see the hard work that my guys put in and that’s too bad for the rider. If they saw how hard my guys worked, they would understand why Blake is able to do what he does. In cycling, where there is much less skill required than motocross, it is easy to see why PEDs would give such an increase in performance. But in motocross, there is so much more involved. There is the skill on the bike to be worked on, cardio fitness, strength, coordination, and the mental side. My guys work so hard on everything. So many things are involved. The accusations are pretty heavy and I have given them a lot of thought this year and spoken to all my riders. I think the only way around this whole issue is there needs to be a more aggressive testing program. This has to happen for sure. I don’t know how we are going to get there but somehow it needs to happen. I would like to think that motocross can learn from the problems that cycling is going through and prevent it from ever getting to that level. I don’t think you can prevent all cheating, but at least make people think twice about the consequences. Just look at what it has done to Lance. I would hate to be him right now. Whether you think he is guilty or not, he is losing everything. And that’s a lesson everyone in motocross needs to learn and think about before going down that wrong path.
|
nb11
11/2/2012 6:53am
Good read. Thanks for sharing.
-eagle-
11/2/2012 8:00am
I would like to think that motocross can learn from the problems that cycling is going through and prevent it from ever getting to that level. I don’t think you can prevent all cheating, but at least make people think twice about the consequences.

Wow. Just. Wow. "Getting to that level. Don't think you can prevent all cheating"
varagon
11/2/2012 9:06am
Aldon distancing himself from Lance? I'm not saying he knew or provided them, but would appreciate hearing his side of what happened those years.
GrapeApe
Fantasy
760th
11/2/2012 9:19am
varagon wrote:
Aldon distancing himself from Lance? I'm not saying he knew or provided them, but would appreciate hearing his side of what happened those years.
Aldon Baker had nothing to do with Lance Armstrong during "those years" or any other years.

The Shop

varagon
11/2/2012 9:43am
varagon wrote:
GrapeApe wrote:
Aldon Baker had nothing to do with Lance Armstrong during "those years" or any other years.
I thought he was Armstrong's trainer? If not, I apologize.
fader418
11/2/2012 10:43am
Blake is not worried about getting caught because there is no real test for it...
GrapeApe
Fantasy
760th
11/2/2012 11:20am
varagon wrote:
GrapeApe wrote:
varagon wrote:
I thought he was Armstrong's trainer? If not, I apologize.
You're probably thinking of Jeff Spencer. Baker wasn't part of the cartel, err, I mean team.
IWreckALot
11/2/2012 12:54pm
I find Aldon pretty interesting. I've always wondered what it is he does different than other trainers. Sounds like he is about as knowledgable with the entire package of training rather than specializing in one area of training. Some trainers focus on weight loss, some on muscle building, some on endurance some on diet etc. . . . He seems to know a LOT about everything and what mix works for MX.

That's pretty cool the RV was cool with Aldon training other riders within the group also.
11/4/2012 9:13pm Edited Date/Time 11/4/2012 9:49pm
fader418 wrote:
Blake is not worried about getting caught because there is no real test for it...
There is a test, in fact it is a urine test, not a blood test for EPO, which would be the only useful PED for MX. It has been in existance and used since 2000.

CR and RV got tested last year by WADA.

Get your facts straight kid.
malachi177
11/4/2012 10:10pm
fader418 wrote:
That's quite the backhanded accusation fader....care to fill us all in on the Intel you know?
IWreckALot
11/5/2012 7:58am
Aldon explained it pretty well. In bicycle riding, it is entirely a fitness test. Virtually no skill required compared to riding MX. The pickup gained by PED's would be for such a small gain in endurance and the gain would be so trivial and could easily be offset by the rider's talent. Fitness is a big part of professional MX but it's nowhere near as important as it is in riding bicycle. If a team were to cheat, I'd see them doing something to the bike before trying to pump the rider's blood.

And that was a pretty shitty dig at BB Fader. . .
TeamGreen
11/5/2012 1:57pm
To those that imply a bunch of shit without knowing WTF you're talking about...?

S T F U
bigcat
11/5/2012 2:20pm
fader418 wrote:
There is a test, in fact it is a urine test, not a blood test for EPO, which would be the only useful PED for MX...
There is a test, in fact it is a urine test, not a blood test for EPO, which would be the only useful PED for MX. It has been in existance and used since 2000.

CR and RV got tested last year by WADA.

Get your facts straight kid.
You know what i find hilarious, you telling people to get their facts straight.Cool

Post a reply to: Good interview with BB4 and Aldon Baker on racerxVT

The Latest