Good for Lawrence

Rizzo
Edited Date/Time 1/27/2012 1:31pm
Kudos for staying on the track and not quitting, hopefully hard work and progress are in his future. I applaud him for seeing both motos to completion, regardless of finishing position, not to mention giving Matthes an interview. These small steps are things to build off of and could pay dividends down the road with some follow through. He deserves a little love for something positive given the multiple posts/threads knocking his every wrong move and short coming.
|
Ramrod
Fantasy
1751st
9/5/2010 5:44pm
Agreed! It's a small victory for him to finish a race and build from there.

Even bigger was him doing a post race podcast with Matthes ... has hell frozen over?

Good for him.
Slow
9/5/2010 5:57pm
It was good to see him finish both motos!
scott_nz
Fantasy
655th
9/5/2010 6:01pm
i agree, it was good to hear an interview from him as well, he seemed to be trying to get back on track, i think hanging with the JGR guys would be perfect for him, seemed to rub off already,

The Shop

NeWskoolmxer
9/5/2010 6:35pm
So is he gonna be racing For JGR Next year Or was he just hanging with them?
jaeckle
9/5/2010 6:39pm
Good job Jason Lawrence. Great to see you do work.
mt798
9/5/2010 6:51pm
Good job! Keep it up...
Bulldog
9/5/2010 6:57pm
Yes - very nice!

He completed both motos even though he wasn't selected for the MXoNs!
jwhitemx15
9/5/2010 7:13pm Edited Date/Time 9/5/2010 7:14pm
Hey guys... went to Steel City this weekend and was impressed with Lawrence. Not only impressed with his showing and riding hard the entire moto(s), but he was great in the pits too! As we walked by his setup, he was standing there talking to someone... my youngest started saying "hi jlaw" and he offered a picture with them both.

I've always like him and love to watch him ride... great talent! The three of us still watch the Transworld video of him practicing Supercross on a 450 all the time. I'd love to see him come into the Supercross season on his game.

Nice job at Steel City JLAW!!! Keep it up!
DiIullo
9/5/2010 7:15pm
Bulldog wrote:
Yes - very nice!

He completed both motos even though he wasn't selected for the MXoNs!
hahahaaaa!
Indy mxer
9/5/2010 7:16pm
Wow, lets all cheer, he finised 2 motos! So did about 40 other riders, most of them with way less support.
You JLaw fans are pathetic.
He's had more opportunities than most riders will ever have,
and he pissed it all away. More than once I might add.
So quit sucking his ass and making excuses for him!

Face it, he's washed up.
You could at least root for one of the many hard working riders that deserve it.
jaeckle
9/5/2010 7:26pm
Indy mxer wrote:
Wow, lets all cheer, he finised 2 motos! So did about 40 other riders, most of them with way less support. You JLaw fans are pathetic...
Wow, lets all cheer, he finised 2 motos! So did about 40 other riders, most of them with way less support.

Face it, he's washed up.
You could at least root for one of the many hard working riders that deserve it.
I am not a JLaw fan. I just wish the best for everyone. Except you.
DiIullo
9/5/2010 7:30pm
Indy mxer wrote:
Wow, lets all cheer, he finised 2 motos! So did about 40 other riders, most of them with way less support. You JLaw fans are pathetic...

Face it, he's washed up.
cool guy has arrived........ fuckin classic
Bulldog
9/5/2010 7:32pm
Pathetic? Maybe, but I wonder if Villapoto would have been penalized for using his bike as a weapon towards Lawrence back in 2007, would things have turned out differently for JLaw?

The Fight That Changed A Career?

Looks like at least in this instant, Ryan drew first blood...

oldx
9/5/2010 7:47pm
Indy mxer wrote:

Face it, he's washed up.
jaeckle wrote:
X2
FastEddy
Fantasy
890th
9/5/2010 7:55pm
Indy mxer wrote:

Face it, he's washed up.
curmudgeon
9/5/2010 7:58pm
Bulldog wrote:
Pathetic? Maybe, but I wonder if Villapoto would have been penalized for using his bike as a weapon towards Lawrence back in 2007, would things have...
Pathetic? Maybe, but I wonder if Villapoto would have been penalized for using his bike as a weapon towards Lawrence back in 2007, would things have turned out differently for JLaw?

The Fight That Changed A Career?

Looks like at least in this instant, Ryan drew first blood...

Ya, no reason for JLaw to take responsibility for his own actions. It's all Ryan's fault JLaw went to jail.

Congratulations you win the dumbest post of the day award. Tell him what he won, Bob!
rc4187
9/5/2010 8:05pm
Indy mxer wrote:

Face it, he's washed up.
I've always been critical of Lawrence. Not very vocal about it though.

But when you see improvement in somebody and actually see them make an effort to be a better person, you cheer them for it.

The guy has made some stupid mistakes and rightfully went away for a while.

Life is more than a moto finish. It's about improving one's self. If there aren't people around you that can forgive you for your mistakes... It makes it harder to change.

So to all this I say "Good job JLAW!"
jimmie
9/5/2010 8:11pm
He's certainly moving in a positive direction.

But I'm not holding my breath just yet.

Here's to hope and change for jason.
DanDunes818
9/5/2010 8:24pm
While I agree it was nice seeing him finish two motos I have to say it's a bit funny seeing a thread saying good job for doing so..What is he a 10 yr old? I would like to see JLaw back up to speed as much as anyone and more than most but come on guys.
RonSkj
Fantasy
131st
9/5/2010 8:54pm
I would like to call Jason up to the front of the class, to receive his gold star..

Now we expect to see it proudly displayed, on your helmet, at Pala.
jeffro503
9/5/2010 9:18pm
Well.....I agree when a kid screws up just about everything he touches for a couple years strait , deserves to be bashed ( a little )......BUT , when he goes back to what he was "meant" to do , and does well- keeping his nose clean......he deserves a pat on the back.

I'm happy for him. I sure hope he has a good showing at pala ( just finish both motos)...AND he comes into A1 with his game face on. It's 4 months until then...and anything can happen......so I hope he keeps things strait and narrow.
Blake
9/5/2010 9:25pm
All you guys congratulating, who are you talking to? Al Gore?

Is JLaw in this thread?
9/5/2010 9:29pm
Indy mxer wrote:

Face it, he's washed up.
Geez way to be a douche, we all know 40 other riders finished the Moto DUH....

But no one of them have been through what J-law has been throuhg, im not saying none of its his fault, but geez give the guy a break...He's trying, and I dare say he has achieved more than you will ever do....So go push a kid off a swing or something
jeffro503
9/5/2010 9:39pm
Blake wrote:
All you guys congratulating, who are you talking to? Al Gore?

Is JLaw in this thread?
No he isn't Blake.......But you know God Damn well he'll either read this thread or hear about it. There is a lot of the riders on the circuit that read these forums......they just don't post much ( or not at all )......and for good reason...read "Indy mxer"s post..........sheeeesh!
9/5/2010 9:56pm
Indy mxer wrote:

Face it, he's washed up.
Geez way to be a douche, we all know 40 other riders finished the Moto DUH.... But no one of them have been through what J-law...
Geez way to be a douche, we all know 40 other riders finished the Moto DUH....

But no one of them have been through what J-law has been throuhg, im not saying none of its his fault, but geez give the guy a break...He's trying, and I dare say he has achieved more than you will ever do....So go push a kid off a swing or something
he achieved more than bubba did this year outdoors.... jus saying, and im a bubba fan...
hammertime
9/5/2010 9:56pm
Indy mxer wrote:

Face it, he's washed up.
jaeckle wrote:
oldx wrote:
X2
beautiful! that's just like my work.

Post a reply to: Good for Lawrence

The Latest