Good article on the mx kied

rmpilot
Edited Date/Time 8/6/2012 2:45pm
|
chrisbuehler
8/3/2012 9:06am
Haven't read the article yet but I will say he's was a beast outdoors! Won on every displacement. Killed me in 1993 when he smoked my hero Jeff Stanton. Stanton had just got beat by some "punk" rookie in sx but I was sure he would get his mojo back outdoors. Nope, MX Kied was straight up faster and Stanton never won anymore titles. I will give it a read now
Crush
8/3/2012 9:21am
He was my fav rider in the 90s along with Huffy and KW... Dude was a Badass... the 93 season was a joke, he was so far ahead of the everyone outdoors... Was almost as dominant as MC indoors!
Ramrod
Fantasy
1692nd
8/3/2012 9:26am
He was a stud in mx.

The Shop

mx_563
8/3/2012 9:46am
I was always pretty excited that there was a guy of his caliber with a Polish last name. I asked him about it once at the San Jose SX. He looked at me like I was insane. My friends tease me about it to this day. I'm a huge fan nonetheless.

And I'm claiming him as being somewhat Polish! Smile
8/4/2012 12:23pm
Great article, I knew he was good but didn't realize he had that many championships.

I disagree with the no other rider has retired after finishing 3rd. The year Carmichael retired outdoors he raced the first few rounds and had the points lead forever and could have come back the last two rounds and still won the title.
rallendude
8/4/2012 2:57pm
I think it's sad that there is a typo in the TITLE of the article for crying out loud. What's wrong with people today? You get paid to write for a living. All computers have spell check, most are automatic.

I just think it is awful that professional journalism can't be professional enough to proof read. You can find a dozen typos in most any MX magazine on the market every month.
rmpilot
8/4/2012 6:12pm
rallendude wrote:
I think it's sad that there is a typo in the TITLE of the article for crying out loud. What's wrong with people today? You get...
I think it's sad that there is a typo in the TITLE of the article for crying out loud. What's wrong with people today? You get paid to write for a living. All computers have spell check, most are automatic.

I just think it is awful that professional journalism can't be professional enough to proof read. You can find a dozen typos in most any MX magazine on the market every month.
whats the typo?
Sully
8/4/2012 6:22pm
rallendude wrote:
I think it's sad that there is a typo in the TITLE of the article for crying out loud. What's wrong with people today? You get...

rmpilot wrote:
whats the typo?
It's in the sub-head. Apparently, RacerX no longer has any credibility because they wrote "mose underrated". A dozen typos in a magazine filled with, literally, hundreds of thousands of words is pretty good if you ask me.
Ramrod
Fantasy
1692nd
8/4/2012 7:58pm
Maybe tblazier or mcfan has some photos to share of Mike. He looked great on a KX with Answer gear at that time.
Crush
8/4/2012 8:11pm
MOSE UNDERRATED....

Biblical reference Matthes?
FroDiddy
8/4/2012 8:18pm Edited Date/Time 8/4/2012 8:31pm
He was my brother's favorite. I always think of that Testarossa he had with MXKied on the plates.

And to Matthes: Everyone didn't have a bad day during the MXDN in 94' LaRocco went 2-1 on the 500 and Emig 2-2 on the 125. Kiedrowski's scores are what cost the team.
ocscottie
8/4/2012 8:31pm
rmpilot wrote:
someday ill figure out how to do it right
If you post a link and it has those extra characters after it (#13) or something like that, just hit edit then save, it will fix it automatically. Been asking to get that fixed for months.
jeffro503
8/4/2012 8:37pm
Mike was a baddass dude for sure! Was a badass in the offroad stuff for quite a while to. Steve did a great write up there I think. Giving credit where credit is due.
rmpilot
8/5/2012 8:11pm
rmpilot wrote:
someday ill figure out how to do it right
ocscottie wrote:
If you post a link and it has those extra characters after it (#13) or something like that, just hit edit then save, it will fix...
If you post a link and it has those extra characters after it (#13) or something like that, just hit edit then save, it will fix it automatically. Been asking to get that fixed for months.
thanks for the info
8/6/2012 4:23am
He would have been called "too vanilla" by several on here. Kiedrowski showed up to race, gave it all he had, and let his results do his talking.
swizcore
8/6/2012 5:49am
rallendude wrote:

Believe it or not, the author doesn't post the stories to the site. Unless it's Weege, he does everything.
MX45
8/6/2012 2:36pm
I would agree that Kiedrowski was greatly underrated. He always seems so humble, but when the time came he could handle the buisiness. The battles and shenanigans between him and Larocco were epic.

He was my favorite rider of that era and probably the reason I rode Kawis then and Suzuki's later. He's also the first "pro" rider I got to meet in a casual setting. He was just chillin' along the fence watching the GNCC at Hardrock, FL. This was after his MX retirement, but before he got into offroad. '96/'97. I walked up to him (crutched actualy, broken leg) and said "Are you...?" He replied and I got to chat with one of my idols for a bit. Great day for a 12 year old.
MT MX
8/6/2012 2:45pm
Yeah, I always like Mikey also. From his Team Green days on up through his whole career. I never really understood the rivalry that he had with Larocco though. Why did they hate each other so much. I'll try and track it down, but one of the funniest video's is when Mike kamakazi's his bike into Larocco right after the finish line at some national (Steel City maybe?). It was early 1990's era.

Post a reply to: Good article on the mx kied

The Latest