Good Euro brands?

steezenation
Edited Date/Time 3/31/2012 3:56am
So I've been bumming around the Internet looking for European gear/helmet brands that look cool. So far I've only really found a few brands.

Airoh - Way sick helmets. Way expensive.

UFO - Gear looks pretty nice, actually got to try out a helmet once and they easily rival Shoei and Bell.

OBG - A friend found these guys a couple years ago. I really like the stye but they are crazy expensive. Looks like durable gear.

Shot - A little FMXish for my tastes, but they have a couple good sets.

Anyone know of my other cool Non-American brands?
|
zghosty
Fantasy
439th
3/30/2012 7:41am
i think alpinestar is also a euro brand, someone correct me if i am wrong?
steezenation
3/30/2012 7:52am
DownSouth wrote:
These are pretty sweet. [img]http://www.pulpmx.com/sites/default/files/u3/6392538713_c5e0ddcbcf_b_582x800.jpg[/img] [img]http://www.pulpmx.com/sites/default/files/u3/feroce_571x800.jpg[/img]
These are pretty sweet.

Diggin them purple boots!
mxb2
3/30/2012 8:12am
So I've been bumming around the Internet looking for European gear/helmet brands that look cool. So far I've only really found a few brands. Airoh -...
So I've been bumming around the Internet looking for European gear/helmet brands that look cool. So far I've only really found a few brands.

UFO - Gear looks pretty nice, actually got to try out a helmet once and they easily rival Shoei and Bell.

OBG - A friend found these guys a couple years ago. I really like the stye but they are crazy expensive. Looks like durable gear.

How.much is your head worth?

The Shop

jamma10
3/30/2012 8:22am
zghosty wrote:
No you're correct, they're Italian.

Most Euro stuff is pretty naff, and WulfSPort.... Sick horrendous. Understandably that stuff suffers from a bad public image and you'll usually only find it on Twinshockers or Green laners on 1890's trail bikes held together with parcel tape and zip ties.
robkinuk
3/30/2012 8:51am
zghosty wrote:
jamma10 wrote:
No you're correct, they're Italian. Most Euro stuff is pretty naff, and WulfSPort.... :sick: horrendous. Understandably that stuff suffers from a bad public image and you'll...

Most Euro stuff is pretty naff, and WulfSPort.... Sick horrendous. Understandably that stuff suffers from a bad public image and you'll usually only find it on Twinshockers or Green laners on 1890's trail bikes held together with parcel tape and zip ties.
Quality of Bill Brown's Wulfsport gear is a lot better these days!
The problem with the people that buy budget racegear is they are tight and will hang onto it for many seasons ,getting the most bang for their buck, hence patching it up as they go!
Jefro98
3/30/2012 9:03am
Wulf still around?
Didn't know that. Haven't seen that stuff for awhile.
Maybe because I haven't been to a sidecar race since 2001. Laughing
robkinuk
3/30/2012 9:11am
Jefro98 wrote:
Wulf still around?
Didn't know that. Haven't seen that stuff for awhile.
Maybe because I haven't been to a sidecar race since 2001. Laughing
Bill Brown's a multi millionaire from selling Wulfsport, buying up all the Maico factory spares etc over the past 10-15 years.
He sell's tons of it to shops around country, especially the budget shops. Doesn't spend fortunes on sponsoring top riders, but into making keen retail prices and good margins for his dealers.
Owner of UFO once asked Bill at Milan show why couldn't he afford a Bentley Mullsane like Bill?
Bill told him it's because he spends all his profits on sponsoring top riders!WinkSmile
hothands
3/30/2012 1:03pm
zghosty wrote:
jamma10 wrote:
No you're correct, they're Italian. Most Euro stuff is pretty naff, and WulfSPort.... :sick: horrendous. Understandably that stuff suffers from a bad public image and you'll...

Alpinestars gear is some of the best out there, I ordered a set of 2011 Techstar gear from dirtbikebitz.com when I was studying abroad in London last year and I absolutely love it. I'll probably order a set from them and pay the cost to ship it over here when this set wears out, it is good gear and it is pretty cool being the only guy around with A-Stars pants and jersey.
Ewan
3/30/2012 1:28pm
I like the look of Ricoo gear from italy, but it looks like its cut TIGHT! Lol

Guarantee if you were to rock that stuff, you'd be the only guy on the line with it

http://www.ricoo-shop.com/
Ewan
3/30/2012 1:34pm
And thats coming from a scotsman thats never worn Wulf!
jamma10
3/30/2012 1:53pm
zghosty wrote:
jamma10 wrote:

hothands wrote:
Alpinestars gear is some of the best out there, I ordered a set of 2011 Techstar gear from dirtbikebitz.com when I was studying abroad in London...
Alpinestars gear is some of the best out there, I ordered a set of 2011 Techstar gear from dirtbikebitz.com when I was studying abroad in London last year and I absolutely love it. I'll probably order a set from them and pay the cost to ship it over here when this set wears out, it is good gear and it is pretty cool being the only guy around with A-Stars pants and jersey.
Yeah it is decent quality, its very popular here in the uk. Personally I prefer the older designs, their new stuff is a little busy for me, but I guess that pretty much goes for every MX brand these days. At 31 I must be getting old... UnsureSmile
mac3-d
3/30/2012 2:30pm
soumy helmet (i once ordered one but was told a replacement peak was near 1/2 the price of the helmet immediately cancelled it) still cool looking. think they now come with a spare peak
jett boots are cool too (italy)
burnside
3/30/2012 2:49pm
DownSouth wrote:
These are pretty sweet. [img]http://www.pulpmx.com/sites/default/files/u3/6392538713_c5e0ddcbcf_b_582x800.jpg[/img] [img]http://www.pulpmx.com/sites/default/files/u3/feroce_571x800.jpg[/img]
These are pretty sweet.

haha. Well played. First thing I thought of when I saw this thread was 'orrible Wolf gear! Those jackets were a staple garment at the UK GPs for years.

Oxbow was a pretty unique and original brand. Dunno what happened to them.
TMV
3/30/2012 3:03pm
burnside wrote:
haha. Well played. First thing I thought of when I saw this thread was 'orrible Wolf gear! Those jackets were a staple garment at the UK...
haha. Well played. First thing I thought of when I saw this thread was 'orrible Wolf gear! Those jackets were a staple garment at the UK GPs for years.

Oxbow decided to stay away from the motocross sphere for ideological (ecological) reasons... True story...
3/30/2012 7:09pm
DownSouth wrote:
These are pretty sweet.

burnside wrote:
haha. Well played. First thing I thought of when I saw this thread was 'orrible Wolf gear! Those jackets were a staple garment at the UK...

Oxbow was some very nice kit,Tortelli wore it the in the GPs but it was expensive if I remember correctly
hothands
3/30/2012 11:08pm
jamma10 wrote:

hothands wrote:
Alpinestars gear is some of the best out there, I ordered a set of 2011 Techstar gear from dirtbikebitz.com when I was studying abroad in London...
jamma10 wrote:
Yeah it is decent quality, its very popular here in the uk. Personally I prefer the older designs, their new stuff is a little busy for...
Yeah it is decent quality, its very popular here in the uk. Personally I prefer the older designs, their new stuff is a little busy for me, but I guess that pretty much goes for every MX brand these days. At 31 I must be getting old... UnsureSmile
Yeah, I'm not really a fan of their 2012 designs, but I liked the 2011 Techstar gear and getting a set of Alpinestars gear has been something I've always wanted to do. I feel like most of the modern stuff is really hit or miss with me, but I love most of the retro stuff from JT, O'Neal, etc.
3/30/2012 11:23pm

Never EVER raced with something that has the same quality as Wulfsport. Good fit and smart way to buoild a jersey with small squares that stops the ripping if going down.

And the helmet is as good as anything else, just half the price.

Worth checking it out, www.wulfsportinternational.com
3/30/2012 11:28pm
Sorry for the wrong spelling there.... ;-/
Zoom in on the jersey and you can see the small, mayby half inch by half inch, squares. Really smart.

More pictures of the gear is up, and will come up soon, on my son's site, www.jeffenracing.com
3/31/2012 12:20am
I can highly recommend First Racing,

I have just started dealing with the gear and it has to be some of the best looking gear in 2012. I am currently adding it onto my website as we speak. Check out the gear at www.firstracing.com

It's not the cheapest gear on the market, but if you want something a bit different that not many people (outside of France) have got, then you;re onto a winner. If you want some prices, fire me over a PM and I'll get some sorted.
mx_563
3/31/2012 3:27am
So I've been bumming around the Internet looking for European gear/helmet brands that look cool. So far I've only really found a few brands. Airoh -...

mxb2 wrote:
How.much is your head worth?
Are you implying that a Euro brand is some sort of compromise?
Europe's ECE helmet standard is the most up to date standard out there and is used by over 50 countries.
Aside from Bell, I'm not familiar with any other American Helmet brands. Just sayin...
mx_563
3/31/2012 3:30am
How about THOR and JT ? Both stared by Euros I think.
I think Thor started out as Hallman, after Torsten Hallman.

JT was not started by a Euro. It was started by John and Rita Gregory in So Cal. John was going to call the company TJ but his wife told him it reminded her for Tijuana so he flipped the letters.

Post a reply to: Good Euro brands?

The Latest