wow123
7/30/2014 4:49am
PFitzG38 wrote:
The Mechanic - A bunch of chase scenes on mint Huskys

Charles Bronson and Jan Michael Vincent

"Chicken lickin, Lickin chicken"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1XUHPC3s3rM

I remember that now, haha good stuff

I figure if we were going to pick the worst, one would be that charlies angels movie, starts out well then turns

upside down

The Shop

Uncle Tony
7/30/2014 6:23am
MOTOXR12 wrote:
go to 1:22 1972 motocross chase scene at SADDLEBACK
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U492MO2DzVY
That was a good movie, the thing with two heads, loved the moto footage, but the great escape would have to be the coolest, Steve McQueen getting chased by an army of nazi's on a big BMW, he will always be the man
Ardfarkl
7/30/2014 7:01am
Noone wants to give the movie "Supercross" any love? lol!!
Jerkolantern
2/18/2017 12:20am
Just watched The Mechanic... credits were cut out of the end and didn't catch it in the intro.... who were the stunt riders in that film? Anybody know?
Bearuno
2/18/2017 3:05am Edited Date/Time 2/18/2017 3:07am
Well, if you take racing scenes as chase scenes, and, after all, racing is just a bunch of people chasing each other . Well, my other half regularly comes out with that.

I vote for 'Little Fauss and Big Halsy"
mx691
Fantasy
1185th
2/18/2017 7:29am
Action scenes from "Ruckus", bike chase from ca 2.20. Wanted a KDX ever since, now have two retro 200's. Cool

Also have look at the great moto-love-scene Laughing

kaptkaos
2/18/2017 9:13am
I hate when they do it today and they use a 4S and edit ina 2S motor. I was watching Blindspot and there was a dirt bike that was obviously a newer 4S and not a puff of smoke and they had that stupid 2S edit going on.
Loose
2/18/2017 9:37am

motomojo
2/18/2017 2:57pm
Just watched The Mechanic... credits were cut out of the end and didn't catch it in the intro.... who were the stunt riders in that film...
Just watched The Mechanic... credits were cut out of the end and didn't catch it in the intro.... who were the stunt riders in that film? Anybody know?
The stunt riders in the mechanic were not credited but the main rider was desert legend JN Roberts he was the chased that jumped off the cliff.
here is a list of the stunt people on that film from http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0068931/combined

Stunts
Alan Gibbs .... stunt coordinator (as Alan R. Gibbs)
Greg Anderson .... stunts (uncredited)
Ken Ferguson .... stunt performer (uncredited)
James M. Halty .... stunts (uncredited)
Frank Orsatti .... stunts (uncredited)
J.N. Roberts .... stunts (uncredited)

Jerkolantern
2/18/2017 3:21pm Edited Date/Time 2/18/2017 3:24pm
Just watched The Mechanic... credits were cut out of the end and didn't catch it in the intro.... who were the stunt riders in that film...
motomojo wrote:
The stunt riders in the mechanic were not credited but the main rider was desert legend JN Roberts he was the chased that jumped off the...
The stunt riders in the mechanic were not credited but the main rider was desert legend JN Roberts he was the chased that jumped off the cliff.
here is a list of the stunt people on that film from http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0068931/combined

Stunts
Alan Gibbs .... stunt coordinator (as Alan R. Gibbs)
Greg Anderson .... stunts (uncredited)
Ken Ferguson .... stunt performer (uncredited)
James M. Halty .... stunts (uncredited)
Frank Orsatti .... stunts (uncredited)
J.N. Roberts .... stunts (uncredited)

Thank you, I knew it would be someone I've heard of. I was hoping for Malcom but J.N. is awesome as well. Seeing how it was filmed close by, I was also wondering if Mitch sold them all those Husqvarnas, it was so awesome to see them all brand new like that. It also said in the brief time I researched this that the bikes were modded to reach speeds of over 100 mph. Love to know the full story of how it all went down if anyone knows.
PFitzG38
2/18/2017 4:43pm
The Mechanic Charles Bronson, Jan Michael Vincent and a couple of Huskys. "Chicken Licken....Licken Chicken"
YamaLink
2/19/2017 6:47am
As others have stated, Terminator 2. The Honda and its sweet "engine noise" and that Harley. My back hurts watching that pig bottom in the LA river bed.
usp4u
2/19/2017 6:53am
The key is having that works 87-speed gearbox.
gharmon
2/19/2017 7:30am
Wasn 't Michael Douglas in a chase scene in some shitty little action movie? Seems like it was in Japan maybe? They were running thru a rice paddy/vineyard or some garden looking spot? Black Rain was the name maybe?

Shit, I was poor as a kid and my parents would have never paid for racing (too tight with the money) so I grew up on clapped out XR's just like the terminator kid was on. lol
web mx
2/19/2017 8:31am
Thank you, I knew it would be someone I've heard of. I was hoping for Malcom but J.N. is awesome as well. Seeing how it was...
Thank you, I knew it would be someone I've heard of. I was hoping for Malcom but J.N. is awesome as well. Seeing how it was filmed close by, I was also wondering if Mitch sold them all those Husqvarnas, it was so awesome to see them all brand new like that. It also said in the brief time I researched this that the bikes were modded to reach speeds of over 100 mph. Love to know the full story of how it all went down if anyone knows.
If this Mitch you are wondering about is Mitch Payton ? you should know that when this movie was made Payton was only 12 years old
Jerkolantern
2/19/2017 8:34am
Thank you, I knew it would be someone I've heard of. I was hoping for Malcom but J.N. is awesome as well. Seeing how it was...
web mx wrote:
If this Mitch you are wondering about is Mitch Payton ? you should know that when this movie was made Payton was only 12 years old
Well, there's my answer, I was indeed referring to Mr. P
Mr. Ted
Fantasy
1673rd
2/19/2017 1:45pm
I was hoping Regis would post an answer...
Skidaddle
2/19/2017 1:59pm
What was the recent movie where the 2 guys are riding in Utah or similar and the guy overjumps a gap and flys off a massive cliff and dies?

Maybe in the last year or so.
Mr. Ted
Fantasy
1673rd
2/19/2017 3:24pm
Skidaddle wrote:
What was the recent movie where the 2 guys are riding in Utah or similar and the guy overjumps a gap and flys off a massive...
What was the recent movie where the 2 guys are riding in Utah or similar and the guy overjumps a gap and flys off a massive cliff and dies?

The remake of Point Break?
avidchimp
Fantasy
1102nd
2/19/2017 3:33pm
kaptkaos wrote:
I hate when they do it today and they use a 4S and edit ina 2S motor. I was watching Blindspot and there was a dirt...
I hate when they do it today and they use a 4S and edit ina 2S motor. I was watching Blindspot and there was a dirt bike that was obviously a newer 4S and not a puff of smoke and they had that stupid 2S edit going on.
4 stroke sounds aren't good for properly mixing SFX, DIA, and music. In a nutshell, that's why it's always a 2 stroke SFX.
Skidaddle
2/19/2017 3:44pm
Skidaddle wrote:
What was the recent movie where the 2 guys are riding in Utah or similar and the guy overjumps a gap and flys off a massive...

Mr. Ted wrote:
The remake of Point Break?
You might be right!
JustMX
2/19/2017 7:19pm Edited Date/Time 2/19/2017 7:27pm
gharmon wrote:
Wasn 't Michael Douglas in a chase scene in some shitty little action movie? Seems like it was in Japan maybe? They were running thru a...
Wasn 't Michael Douglas in a chase scene in some shitty little action movie? Seems like it was in Japan maybe? They were running thru a rice paddy/vineyard or some garden looking spot? Black Rain was the name maybe?

Shit, I was poor as a kid and my parents would have never paid for racing (too tight with the money) so I grew up on clapped out XR's just like the terminator kid was on. lol
Black rain

Ruckus was actually an ok movie that had dirk Benedict who later starred in the a-team. sue fish (first woman pro mxer) and John Hatley (pro flat tracker) did the stunts.
mx617
2/19/2017 7:47pm
Mickolobe7 wrote:
Sorry fought the video would come up [http://youtu.be/tIe0m4X94sQ
Sorry fought the video would come up

[http://youtu.be/tIe0m4X94sQ
Markee wrote:
Whaaaaaat! lmao
Is it just me or did it look like the jump off the car trailer didn't end well? Felt like an endo was coming then it cut to the flying scene.

Post a reply to: Good Dirt Bike chase scenes in movies

The Latest