Gonna drop by Pro Circuit

Related:
Create New Tag

5/14/2018 12:18 PM

I'm staying in Redondo Beach Tue-Thu. First planned stop is Pro Circuit. Any advice for other cool moto-related places to visit? I see there is a museum at Honda headquarters, but it's not open to the public. Bummer- I'd be heading there for sure.

|

It's impossible for a corporation or government to love you or care about you.

5/14/2018 12:19 PM

NorCal 50+ wrote:

I'm staying in Redondo Beach Tue-Thu. First planned stop is Pro Circuit. Any advice for other cool moto-related places to visit? I see there is a museum at Honda headquarters, but it's not open to the public. Bummer- I'd be heading there for sure.

Troy Lee is just down the street and worth a stop.

|

Race Tech Director of Marketing
www.racetech.com
Proud supporters of VitalMX. Ask me about the VitalMX Discount!

5/14/2018 12:25 PM

NorCal 50+ wrote:

Riesenberg448 wrote:

Troy Lee is just down the street and worth a stop.

Did not know that. Thanks! I'll definitely be stopping by there.

|

5/14/2018 12:31 PM

Head to Glen Helen Thursday or Milestone Wednesday and watch the pros!

|

2017 RMZ450
2005 YZ250-sold :,(
1998 YZ250
2005 KX250F

80% of the time it works every time
IG @hammerfamily_4 & @2HRacing
Thanks to : Factory Effex, N2Dirt, Acerbis, DT1, Fasthouse, Matix, FMF, ASV, 100% & Mika Metals

5/14/2018 12:45 PM

mattyhamz2 wrote:

Sweet - I got a rental car and some spare time Thursday before my flight. Great idea. I might be getting the full moto experience here. And next Sunday is Hangtown!

|

5/14/2018 12:49 PM

mattyhamz2 wrote:

NorCal 50+ wrote:

Sweet - I got a rental car and some spare time Thursday before my flight. Great idea. I might be getting the full moto experience here. And next Sunday is Hangtown!

Thursday will be super dead this week, the majority of pros have to be at Sacramento on Thursday for Press, it won’t be worth the visit.

|

5/14/2018 1:03 PM

mattyhamz2 wrote:

NorCal 50+ wrote:

ML512 wrote:

Thursday will be super dead this week, the majority of pros have to be at Sacramento on Thursday for Press, it won’t be worth the visit.

Thanks for the heads up ML. It's probably worth a visit just to check out the track. I have never seen it in person.
I'll be at Hangtown so I'll get to see plenty of action then.

|

5/14/2018 1:03 PM

ML512 wrote:

Photo
|

5/14/2018 1:11 PM

NorCal 50+ wrote:

ML512 wrote:

Electro21 wrote: Photo

X3

|

5/14/2018 1:17 PM

ML512 wrote:

Electro21 wrote: Photo

kb228 wrote:

X3

Just trying to keep the dude from wasting his time, there’s other Moto attractions around town he could do instead and really enjoy. Practically every 250 and 450 rider on a team has to be at Hangtown press day. So no one will be at GH.

|

5/14/2018 1:19 PM

I know, just thought it was funny. Wasn't trying to be a jerk.

|

5/14/2018 1:23 PM

Besides what was mentioned, I stopped in at Dr.D Racing and was greeted warmly. Pro Circuit is cool with all the bikes on display.

|

Take it to the limit, one more time!

5/14/2018 2:03 PM

Chaparral is cool just because they have so much stuff.

|

5/14/2018 3:24 PM

I went there and kept asking myself “when does it end?”

|

5/14/2018 4:09 PM

not moto, but across the street you can visit SALEEN. They make fast Mustangs, and are very kind to show you how they build them. It's worth the time...

|

5/14/2018 4:30 PM

Judging by travel times on Google maps from LAX to PC, I guess I better be timing this right with traffic. Right now it's saying 2 hours 6 min to go 53 miles (I know LA traffic is crazy). Glen Helen is gonna be too far I think.

|

5/14/2018 5:18 PM

NorCal 50+ wrote:

Judging by travel times on Google maps from LAX to PC, I guess I better be timing this right with traffic. Right now it's saying 2 hours 6 min to go 53 miles (I know LA traffic is crazy). Glen Helen is gonna be too far I think.

Oakley and Fox HQs are in the Irvine area, bit closer to where you'll be. FMF isn't too far from where you are too.

|

5/14/2018 5:36 PM

NorCal,

I'm envious!!! have a great time and post pics

I'd love to do that too. . .

Maybe someday

|

5/14/2018 9:08 PM

ML512 wrote:

Just trying to keep the dude from wasting his time, there’s other Moto attractions around town he could do instead and really enjoy. Practically every 250 and 450 rider on a team has to be at Hangtown press day. So no one will be at GH.

Is that an opening round only sort of thing?

|

5/14/2018 11:36 PM
Edited Date/Time: 5/14/2018 11:40 PM

May not be too many Factory Level guys at GH on Thursday, but by the looks of their practice schedule it appears there may be a few Pros:

National Track
8 am - 10 am - Open Practice
10 am - Noon - Pro Practice Only
Noon - Dusk - Open Practice

As others have said, PC and TLD are great to check out. Since you're in the Corona area and fighting 91 traffic already, worth seeing if Geico Honda/Showa US/Dunlop/RaceTech/Dr.D would let you check out their facilities as well; They're all right close

|

5/15/2018 2:39 PM
Edited Date/Time: 5/15/2018 2:40 PM

Went on a dream vacation to Marina del Ray with family, Ritz for 8 days. I hid my rental Fusion across the street, and smuggled a Target bag in. With family means u unfortunately have to compromise.GH was a top pick but it’s a ways away, but I did visit Troy Lee Designs. Very cool, the washroom blew me away, lol. We decided to head to Laguna Beach, wow, nice drive! if I had a zillion $ I’d never see snow again. It’s not really how far u r going it is if you are moving or not. Driving good, sitting in traffic.....reminded me of the Michael Douglas moving, Falling Down.

|

In my 60’s and still loving dirt scoots up here in the frozen north.

2021 Husky 501s

5/15/2018 7:47 PM

Here are a few photos. Like classic two-strokes? This is the best I've seen outside of the AMA Museum. The girl at the counter, Sarah, is super-friendly too. (Mitch was there but working in the back somewhere- truck was gone).

Photo

Photo

|

5/15/2018 7:50 PM
Edited Date/Time: 5/15/2018 8:01 PM

Photo

Yes, Jeff Ward's Factory SR250 with which he won the 1987 Supercross Championship. The evolution from old bikes to new is in sharp relief.
|

5/15/2018 7:52 PM

Jeremy's '91 Peak 125 was pretty wild to see close up. It pretty much looks like your average two-stroke. Just goes to show it's the rider that makes a bike legendary (not that it ain't a cool bike).

Photo

|

5/15/2018 8:25 PM

NorCal 50+ wrote: Photo

Yes, Jeff Ward's Factory SR250 with which he won the 1987 Supercross Championship. The evolution from old bikes to new is in sharp relief.

My favorite 250 of all time Dam you !!!!!! Hope you had fun and that is something that all true race fans should do.

|

5/15/2018 8:45 PM

Photo
Bonus for mb60- I saw Ward vs. RJ at Sun Devil stadium in '87. Can't remember who won. That was the year they had flatbed trailers for a couple of the jumps because the cars were running the course. I know Ward won the title.

Photo

If you got a spare $20K lying around, RV's 2018 practice bike can be yours.

|

5/15/2018 8:58 PM

I took some pictures when I went last week. It was well worth going. Photo Photo Photo

|

5/15/2018 10:33 PM

Millerrr973 wrote:

I took some pictures when I went last week. It was well worth going. Photo Photo Photo

Your pics look a bit better. A stop by PC is highly recommended if you want to see a living, breathing moto museum. I made it over to Troy Lee too. Troy Lee's place is a bit more relaxed- he's Captain Kirk to Mitch's Dr. Spock. You just know Mitch runs a tight ship over there. Troy's has a more relaxed vibe.
It's really like walking into the living room of moto icons... now bring on the NATS! w00t

Photo

|

5/15/2018 10:36 PM

Troy's has a window right into the painting shop.

Photo

Troy has a collection of old bikes and this #8 Suzook- Is this Albertijn? It's late and I've had a couple beers so I'm fuzzy on this one. silly It's probably obvious but I've had a long day.

|

5/16/2018 12:03 AM

I answered my own question:

Photo

|