Going to Indy - 1st time. , any tips

ak23
Edited Date/Time 2/10/2012 5:16pm
Got any tips on where to stay near track or suburbs?. Would it be more fun cOming Friday and leaving sat night or come early sat and leave Sunday? In other words is the party more fun fri or sat night? I'm assuming general admission so just get tickets there or buy on line?
|
2/8/2012 4:41pm
Heads up Pit Pass are not given to the public unless you know someone...... Even so the Indy Pits suck!!! Just a heads up because I know a lot of people ask about getting into the pits....... If someone tries to sell you pit passes it is not even worth a $1 to me.
tydog
2/8/2012 4:44pm
If you like music and get the chance, walk over to the "Slippery Noodle". I know what type of joint it sounds like, but just go! It is in the restaurant and bar area near the stadium. They have a website too.
It was very cool in the past and it should still be!
ocscottie
2/8/2012 4:45pm
I hear they will be watering the track with the tears that the Tom Brady / Pats fans left behind from the Superbowl loss Laughing

The Shop

mark_swart
2/8/2012 5:09pm
The stadium is right beside downtown, the last time I went ('10) they had a mx party at a bar pretty close to the stadium after the race. If you look you can find a hotel downtown ( maybe on hotwire or something) and then won't have to f- with parking. I've been to Indy SX three times and it's always a blast. The lasers and the audio system in the new stadium is great, with plenty of concessions and pissers all over the venue.
If it were me I'd stay nearby and then hit some bars after, not sure if you're bringing kids/family or whatever.
And yeah, there really isn't a pit experience like the WC rounds.
Rupert X
2/8/2012 5:32pm
What TYDOG said. Slippery Noodle is badass. Seen some nice R&R and blues in that joint.

The Red Garter - if that slime hole is still open, is marvelously disgusting and BIG FUN.

It is one of those scandalous locales where women with strange upbringings disrobe and you can place

currency upon their person. Hi-jinks !

Incredible Go-Cart place off the 465..... Downtown INDY is just terrific.
2/8/2012 6:06pm
Yeah if its a runaway victory in the 450 main leave early. Last year traffic was NUTS
Matt Wozney
2/8/2012 6:08pm
ocscottie wrote:
I hear they will be watering the track with the tears that the Tom Brady / Pats fans left behind from the Superbowl loss Laughing
So you're saying Lucas Oil Stadium has turned into an aquarium?
Smitch
2/8/2012 6:32pm
Interesting. We were supposed to foam a planting area base next to the Stadium. It also had a thermoplastic liner 4200 ft². You don't suppose...

Wink
ak23
2/8/2012 6:57pm
mark_swart wrote:
The stadium is right beside downtown, the last time I went ('10) they had a mx party at a bar pretty close to the stadium after...
The stadium is right beside downtown, the last time I went ('10) they had a mx party at a bar pretty close to the stadium after the race. If you look you can find a hotel downtown ( maybe on hotwire or something) and then won't have to f- with parking. I've been to Indy SX three times and it's always a blast. The lasers and the audio system in the new stadium is great, with plenty of concessions and pissers all over the venue.
If it were me I'd stay nearby and then hit some bars after, not sure if you're bringing kids/family or whatever.
And yeah, there really isn't a pit experience like the WC rounds.
Cool thx. No kids. Adult wannabe mxers only
Moose208
2/8/2012 7:22pm
MX Culture wrote:
Indy Sx rocks plenty to do Sat night after the race, just ask around. tons of hotels downtown too. here is one of the parties that...
Indy Sx rocks
plenty to do Sat night after the race, just ask around.
tons of hotels downtown too.
here is one of the parties that always goes off just feet from the stadium...
http://www.facebook.com/events/324035704295432/
Any other link with info besides facebook?

I go every year but this year is the first time all my friends will be 21, so we plan to make it a big night. I know that brads brass flamingo is a top rated "gentleman's club" and plan to go there, but also want to hit up the SX afterparties. Maybe get lucky with a drunken moto-hoe lol.
ak23
2/9/2012 10:27am
is it general admission? should we wait to buy tickets there or get them in advance?
rocrac
2/9/2012 10:48am Edited Date/Time 2/9/2012 10:50am
As evidenced by all who went to the Superbowl, Indy is a fun little city. The stadium is first class and within walking distance to many great pubs and bars. Some of my favs: Slipper Noodle, Cadillac Ranch, Ugly Monkey, Ike and Jonesy's, Howl at the moon and of course if you interested in supporting Indys single moms you have the Red Garter. There is usually a SX after party at the Ugly Monkey or somewhere. Maybe Ryan who posts here will update us on the SX after party.

If you can swing it the Omni is a fairly priced hotel many riders hang there and it's right in the thick of things. If you're on a budget stay on the outside of 465 which loops around the City. I would stay North or South since East and West can get sketchy.

We always buy the cheap seats and stand in the beer garden area which has great viewing we always manage to find a good seat come main event time.

If you come up Fri. Dryers motorsports usually has a kickass SX party with riders showing up.

Have fun.
AHRMA361
Fantasy
180th
2/9/2012 11:02am
Brad's Gold Club....up by the speedway......yeah....bet Rupe's been there too......
layinbody31
2/9/2012 12:25pm
I'll be there, not sure if it will be with the wife or with buddies tho. May be spending the night too. I was thinking that it'd be better to spend Fri night there to get in early for practice vs having to get up early and drive the 2.5 hours plus an hour time difference in the morning trying to make it there for practice. But then again... to be able to hit up after parties Sat night would be cool. Maybe I could work it out to spend both nights... used to do that as a kid with the parents and it was a blast. We would always see riders in the restaurants and stuff... sat in a booth next to Yogi one year and DC was across from us. That was pretty cool Smile
mgifracing
Fantasy
357th
2/9/2012 12:40pm
Just remember, Indy is the town that took Tyson Down. Watch the local po po
Rupert X
2/9/2012 2:37pm
Also, worth mentioning, is the downtown library's remarkable and world-class section on Eastern-European cooking

during the Dark Ages, featuring a gala presentation on the first floor (East garden entrance) and demonstrations

throughout the week !.
2/10/2012 5:16pm
ak23 wrote:
is it general admission? should we wait to buy tickets there or get them in advance?
Reserved seating, but never a sell out.. Practice is empty so you can sit anywhere. Come show time, the lower seats are pretty much 100% full.

2nd the traffic getting out sucking. Hotel downtown Saturday night (walk to stadium) is the way to go.

We bought our tickets thru Cross Club (like in October). We'd be between the 45's and almost too low this year. Check ticket Master and see whats available. If there's nothing good, buy the cheap ones and poach.

Post a reply to: Going to Indy - 1st time. , any tips

The Latest